would you vote for a catholic bishop for president?

Lots of people seem to be fine with a Mormon bishop.

My dad was a Mormon bishop and Stake President just like Romney.
hardly ever saw him

You always have to look at the heart of the man and his faith. I'm sitting there in grade freaking ten AND my history teacher broke it to us that if you were Anglican your leader of your church didn't want to behead his wife.

Hence he started a new religion.

I came home and said "Mummy we have to talk".

I'm very skeptical of any POL who wears his religion on his sleeve.

I didn't vote for Jimmy Carter because his emphasis on his born again status annoyed me, for example.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
how about an episcopalian?

I really do not care what they are. Black, Latino, Asian, Catholic, Protestant...male or female...all I care about is someone who loves America, someone who is interested in the preservation of the foundations of this nation and our Constitution. When it comes to loving God, country and our constitution, there are no requirements as far as religions backround, gender or ethnicity. However, one thing is clear, (D) stands for destroying America.

I will vote for anyone, (I), (L), or (R), just as long as they don't have a (D) in front of their name.

pity... so many nice words.... so much nonsense

The Constitution is specific in stating that no religious test be applied to any candidate. Democrats want the nation moved to the point where only secularists can be considered for the presidency which in itself, is a religious test.

Should all candidates be required to renounce their religion when they file their candidacy, or do they actually have to be raised as secularists?

The Constitution is specific in stating that no religious test be applied to any candidate. Democrats want the nation moved to the point where only secularists can be considered for the presidency which in itself, is a religious test.

Should all candidates be required to renounce their religion when they file their candidacy, or do they actually have to be raised as secularists?

I can see how you view the issue this way, I personally do not seek secular candidates. I'd like the campaign platforms to be void of religious innuendo and all church doctrine vernacular.

i guess my mom's out of the question

Is she a catholic bishop? And are you really sure she took the oath?

no, she's not

she has sworn off women, though.

you're not particularly bright, are you?

I'm bright enough to know you just opened yourself up for a big verbal slap down, even though you brought up your mom, I'm not going to go there.

Former Catholic bishop, possibly

Former Episcopalian bishop, possibly

Former Jewish rabbi, possibly

Former Muslim imam, not foreseeing that choice anytime soon so consideration deferred

Former Evangelical minister, unlikely

Former Wiccan priestess, unlikely

Romney, of course

Any particular reason?

Forum List

Back