Would you trade for Tebow?

Would you trade your current quarterback for Tebow?

• I would trade in a heart beat.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Not on your life.

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Anything is better than what we got.

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
While it's true Tebow isn't the most accurate pocket passer, the fact is he doesn't have to be. As we saw most recently vs the Vikings, there's always going to be gaps for Tebow's receivers on the sidelines because of the outside the pocket running threat Tebow poses to defenses. Cornerbacks have to be very wary of him turning the corner for 10-20 yard rushing gains so they can't stay as committed to their WR cover downfield.

Also, Tebow's accuracy actually improves when he gets on the move outside the pocket.

Tim Tebow is the equivilent of Doug Flutie. Fun to watch, fun to root for, and puts alot of asses in the seats. Statistically he is great or shitty depending on how you want to present him, just like Doug Flutie. Every year he will make a run at the playoffs, and even make it some years. Over all your team, if you have him, will win a little over half your games and maybe a playoff game or two. In the end you will never make the Super Bowl, and definately never win it. The Superbowl is the reason to play the game, and if you know that your quarterback will never get you there it might be time to find someone that can get that goal accomplished.

Yes, this is a team game and it takes all three phases to win it all. Defense wins championships, offense sells tickets, and special teams brings the excitement of "what if?". No one person should get all of the credit or blame for wins and losses, but we all know how that works. The quarterback gets the blame or the credit depending on which team you play on. So for good or ill Tebow is on a team that has been known for it's quarterbacks, (John Elway), and for it's defense (The Orange Crush), and he will always be compared until he wins it all. Which he never will in my opinion.

Does all of this make him a hated quarterback...No. What does make him a hated quarterback are several things, some of which are not his fault, and some of which are. The number one reason for hating Tebow is the hype of the media. They way they refer to him is either the second coming or an absolute failure. This makes him polarizing at the very least, you either hate him or love him. The second reason is his fault, and it goes back to his college days. Wether you like it or you don't his religion is divisive, and has no place in sports. I want to watch football on Sunday and only football. I don't attend church and that is my choice, I don't want to hear about or be preached to by an NFL player about God. I know he doesn't preach personally, he lets everyone else do it for him, and his refusal to get them to stop is an endorsement for them to continue. His eye black bible verses accomplished their mission in college and drew major attention at Florida, and it almost overshadowed his great colligate career. Then his Superbowl ad put him a catagory no other player has ever been in, even Reggie White knew when to back off and he was a minister. A time and a place for everything. I don't even think Deon Sanders drew as much attention as Tewbow is getting now. Even his touchdown celebration of kneeling and giving thanks to God is now called the "Tewbow". His fans are putting "Jesus" on the back of his Jerseys. His press confrences are almost sickening to watch. The press hypes him as the next big thing and constantly compares him to "Christ" himself, and then he comes out and gives you the "Ah shucks Beave" responses.

The last reason to hate Tebow is what his religious views have done. Wether true or not does not matter at this point. The fact is this, there is the outward appearance that he got the starting job because the fans were calling and demanding for it. You look at his fan base, and they are majority outward Christian, and they are not shy about it. His very public Christian beliefs endear him even more to this fan base. Connect the dots and what it looks like is that Tebow got the job because he is a Christian and not because he earned it, or is even good at the quarterback position. This flies in the face of certain beliefs and truisms in football, such as the best player will play on Sunday.

Some will agree and some won't. If you are a Tebow fan, good luck, you are in for a long (four seasons max) road of disappointment, and almosts. If you are not a Tebow fan, wait for his complete body of work to come in and you will be proven right in the end (when like Flutie he goes to play in Canada). I put my faith in the professional scouts who studied him all through college. There is a reason he was drafted where he was, and there was a reason he was third on the depth chart. Being a winner is good but it takes a team of winners to achieve goals in this sport. Sorry to say but being a winner in this sport will only get you so far, and that has never been far enough. Just ask Doug Flutie.

Tim Tebow rises from 31 to 5 in latest NFL quarterback rankings - Jim Trotter - SI.com

5. Tim Tebow, Broncos: He looked so completely lost as a passer after his first two starts this season, I put him 31st in my midseason rankings. But Tebow is a different QB today. He has flourished since the Broncos adjusted their offense to take advantage of his read-option skill set.

Overall, he is 6-1 as a starter, with 11 touchdowns (nine passing) and only two turnovers (one fumble, one INT). But his incredible rise up the rankings is due to him coming up biggest when games matter most: at the end. Review the Broncos' last six wins and you will see Tebow was an integral factor in the outcome, particularly down the stretch. Will it last? Who cares? The rankings are about today, not tomorrow.

Huh, in the top five he says.

But the haters gonna keep on hatin'.

Giants/Eli Manning

Not a chance, I would not even want him backing up Eli

Tim Tebow's Denver Broncos beat Chicago Bears in overtime - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

Tebow, who also led the Broncos to wins in OT at Miami and San Diego since his promotion over Kyle Orton in October, ran 12 times for 49 yards and completed 21 of 40 passes for a season-best 236 yards.

He was intercepted once, fumbled the ball away on another play and was sacked five times by Brian Urlacher & Co., who couldn't seal the win despite their stout defense.

Hmm, not bad for a guy who 'cant throw.'

Note, Chicago was up 10 to zip early in the 4th quarter, but this incompetent QB rallied his team for his 7the win out of 8 starts.

Man I wish I was that bad, lol.

He barely wins. I know a Win is a win, but he does not play that well consistantly really. 5 of his 7 wins were in the fourth quarter?

He did not win today, Chicago lost. They gave them the W. Yup, a W is a W. I get that.

How many out there would want Tebow as their quarterback?

State your team and starting quarterback.

Mathew Stafford (Lions) is by far head and shoulders over Tewbow. Would not trade at all.

I've got Tom Brady so my answer should be more than obvious.

He barely wins. I know a Win is a win, but he does not play that well consistantly really. 5 of his 7 wins were in the fourth quarter?

He did not win today, Chicago lost. They gave them the W. Yup, a W is a W. I get that.

What a loser whine; 'they didnt beat us we beat ourselves', lol. Shows a lack of courtesy, sportsmanship and willingness to acknowledge the ability of ones opponents as though the opponent was irrelevant. Despite the fact that Tebow has done this many times and has the best win percentage of any current NFL QB except for Rogers.

How many out there would want Tebow as their quarterback?

State your team and starting quarterback.

Mathew Stafford (Lions) is by far head and shoulders over Tewbow. Would not trade at all.

Don't want'im. In fact I felt dirty in light of the fact I had to root for him tonight. :puke3:

Forum List

Back