Would you trade for Tebow?

Would you trade your current quarterback for Tebow?

• I would trade in a heart beat.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Not on your life.

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Anything is better than what we got.

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

spectrumc01

I give you....the TRUTH
Feb 9, 2011
The United States
How many out there would want Tebow as their quarterback?

State your team and starting quarterback.

Mathew Stafford (Lions) is by far head and shoulders over Tewbow. Would not trade at all.

Niners fan, and despite his past troubles, I still prefer Alex Smith to Tebow. He's shown some flashes here and there, especially in Denver's last game, but overall Tebow has not looked like a good passer.

Ask me again, say, middle of the season next year (assuming Tebow is till the starter) and maybe my opinion could have changed.

Niners fan, and despite his past troubles, I still prefer Alex Smith to Tebow. He's shown some flashes here and there, especially in Denver's last game, but overall Tebow has not looked like a good passer.

Ask me again, say, middle of the season next year (assuming Tebow is till the starter) and maybe my opinion could have changed.

San Fran would be an absolute monster with Tebow. Think about this -- NFC Championship Game, on the frozen tundra, Tebow and Gore would be the two most valuable players in the game playing in that climate.

Ravens fan. I hate Joe Flaco, but I wouldn't trade him for Tebow. He wouldn't survive a season in the AFC North.

San Fran would be an absolute monster with Tebow. Think about this -- NFC Championship Game, on the frozen tundra, Tebow and Gore would be the two most valuable players in the game playing in that climate.

That's assuming that Gore and the Niners offensive line would do well in an option-style offense.
I prefer Smith as a passer, at this point, and that's what I look for in a qb. Like I said, give it some time and we'll see how I feel. If Tebow improves his passing, I might change my mind. Right now, if the running game isn't working, I don't trust Tebow.

Stafford? Ponder? Are you KIDDING me? Stafford has done NOTHING in his NFL career until this year (his first healthy year). Ponder is a ROOKIE playing for an underachieving team.

Tebow is a WINNER. Stafford and Ponder are unproven.

Facts sack Tebow critics - The Denver Post

In his three regular season NFL starts, Tebow outperformed Peyton Manning, Tom Brady​, Steve Young​, Troy Aikman and John Elway in their first three starts. Tebow did all that while leading a 3-10 team that had nothing left to play for, a team that had lost eight of its last nine games with Orton at quarterback.

Tebow's NFL rating of 82.70 is more than double that of Aikman (38.43) and Elway (38.53), and superior to Brady's (77.23). Data kept by the NFL also blows up the media-created myth that Tebow can't pass. In his three starts, Tebow threw for more yards (651) than Brady (618) or Elway (313). Manning threw for 32 more yards than Tebow, but it took him 33 more attempts to do it. Tebow also threw for more touchdowns than the other five quarterbacks.

Tebow was demoted, and most of his snaps in pre-season games were with the second and third team. Despite that, Tebow finished the preseason with a higher quarterback rating than Orton, led a game-winning drive, and did not throw a single interception.

Broncos QB Tim Tebow Silencing Critics with Passing and Rushing: Fan Perspective - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

However, he kept bringing in the wins. But at the same time, I think Tebow was obviously listening to the critics and working on his passing game. This was evident during the December 4th game against the Minnesota Vikings when Tebow threw for a season-best 202 yards and once again led the Broncos to a fourth quarter comeback. He also posted a career-high passer rating for the game with 149.3.

I can say as a fan, Tebow definitely has a way of keeping us sitting on the edge of our seats. The Broncos will be trailing and it comes down to the final minutes of a game and somehow Tebow manages to pull off a win. I find myself watching and saying, "They are behind but they will pull it off in the end." And true to par, they always seem to get some sort of miracle.

Tebow has now started 10 games and of those 10, he has led game-winning fourth quarter or overtime drives in five of them.

However, regardless of these wins, the critics have always pointed out his weak passing. Numerous incomplete passes plagued his game. That is until the game against the Vikings. Granted, there were still not a lot of passes attempted. But out of the 15 Tebow sent into the air, 10 hit there mark. This included two for touchdowns.

Not only did his passing hit the mark, but his rushing was still there and in the fourth quarter he went in for a two point conversion.

Tim Tebow's success with Broncos can be easily explained with stats - Kerry J. Byrne - SI.com

Tebow: Superior All-Around Production At QB ...

Here’s how Tebow stacks up against each opposing quarterback this year in traditional passer rating and in Real Quarterback Rating.

Week 7 — Denver 18, Miami 15
Matt Moore: 92.6 passer rating; 69.6 Real QB Rating
Tim Tebow: 91.7 passer rating; 80.5 Real QB Rating

Real QB Rating advantage: Tebow (+10.9)

Week 8 — Detroit 45, Denver 10
Matt Stafford – Shaun Hill: 126.0 passer rating; 118.2 Real QB Rating
Tim Tebow: 56.8 passer rating; 48.2 Real QB Rating

Real QB Rating advantage: Stafford (+70.0)

Week 9 — Denver 38, Oakland 24
Carson Palmer: 79.7 passer rating; 69.4 Real QB Rating
Tim Tebow: 98.1 passer rating; 108.2 Real QB Rating

Real QB Rating advantage: Tebow (+38.8)

Week 10 — Denver 17, Kansas City 10
Matt Cassel – Tyler Palko: 73.2 passer rating; 67.9 Real QB Rating
Tim Tebow: 102.6 passer rating; 122.7 Real QB Rating

Real QB Rating advantage: Tebow (+54.8)

Week 11 — Denver 17, N.Y. Jets 13
Mark Sanchez: 67.9 passer rating; 62.2 Real QB Rating
Tim Tebow: 61.3 passer rating; 87.1 Real QB Rating

Real QB Rating advantage: Tebow (+24.9)

Week 12 — Denver 16, San Diego 13
Philip Rivers: 77.1 passer rating, 68.8 Real QB Rating
Tim Tebow: 95.4 pass rating, 94.4 Real QB Rating

Real QB Rating advantage: Tebow (+25.6)

In other words, Tebow is no statistical circus freak winning in spite of himself. Tebow’s Broncos are winning because he consistently outperforms the opposing quarterback when you take into account all aspects of production: passing, running, sacks, total touchdowns, interceptions and fumbles. In fact, he consistently outperforms them by a wide margin.

Dont matter what the facts are, the haters will just keep on hating.

That's assuming that Gore and the Niners offensive line would do well in an option-style offense.
I prefer Smith as a passer, at this point, and that's what I look for in a qb. Like I said, give it some time and we'll see how I feel. If Tebow improves his passing, I might change my mind. Right now, if the running game isn't working, I don't trust Tebow.

Another late-game rally for Tim Tebow, Broncos | jacksonville.com

“I know that I had a lot of help. Offensive line did a great job, and receivers stepped up and made me look a lot better than I really am,” said Tebow, who completed 10-of-15 passes, his best percentage as an NFL starter, and posted a career-high passer rating of 149.3.

Is a QB rating of 149 good enough for you?

Didnt think so, lol.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_19469639

BS: What impressed you about Tebow?

JA: He lit us up. I can't say nothing about that. We didn't let him run. I guess that's a plus. I would've bet my paycheck that he would not have beat us passing the football.

BS: Good thing you didn't make that bet.

JA: Yeah. (Laughs.) Hats off to him. He's a competitor. The guy really is.

http://www.timesunion.com/sports/ar...TR-comeback-a-habit-2345877.php#photo-1863296

Last edited:
I said Tebow did well passing against the Vikes. That one game doesn't make me trust him as a passer.

Besides, what was Tebow's rating in the game he went 2-8? I'm pretty sure it was good....that doesn't mean he played a good game. Completing 2 passes, whatever the outcome, is not a good passing game for a qb.

Wins are great, but not always indicative of the play of any given position. Tebow has a much better winning record than Cam Newton, but I consider Newton the superior qb at this time.

Tebow has great upside if he can become a quality passer as well as a runner. I need to see more than a single good game passing to believe he can do it consistently. I need to see more before I believe he can put the team on his back and carry them to a win, to use the old cliche. Give me a few games where Tebow is forced to throw the ball 30+ times and does well.

Stafford? Ponder? Are you KIDDING me? Stafford has done NOTHING in his NFL career until this year (his first healthy year). Ponder is a ROOKIE playing for an underachieving team.

Tebow is a WINNER. Stafford and Ponder are unproven.

Wait....Stafford has more NFL games played and more starts, but is unproven....yet Tebow is a winner? How does that work? :cuckoo:

Wait....Stafford has more NFL games played and more starts, but is unproven....yet Tebow is a winner? How does that work? :cuckoo:

The secret is a few cans of this

3-9.jpg

Forum List

Back