~Would You Take A Life??~

If there was immediate threat to myself, my child, other family or friends I would with no hesitation. If someone I didn't know was in danger and I had the means to do so I would do the same. I have already twice had to make the heartbreaking decision to take life. While some may argue otherwise, the choice had to be made and I know in my heart I made the right one. I have aborted two of my own children in the past 6 years. I welcome the naysayers, but I find peace in my decisions.

Okay, let's dance.

You can have ONE userID on this site. You choose which. If you don't, I'll get rid of both.

:thup:

It like laundry day and the sock load.

Interesting. Most people I know that are adamant they could take a life never have.

I have never taken a life because I never had to. But would I hesitate if threatened under the conditions I previously stated? Yes. I could. No doubt about it.
How I would handle it afterwards remains to be discovered. Which I hope never does.

Speaking from experience I don't think you would. Oh, I don't doubt that you would want to. But the odds are that even if you did produce a weapon not only would you NOT kill your target, but in fact you would end up being killed by your own weapon. That stands for most of the population.

Interesting. Most people I know that are adamant they could take a life never have.

I have never taken a life because I never had to. But would I hesitate if threatened under the conditions I previously stated? Yes. I could. No doubt about it.
How I would handle it afterwards remains to be discovered. Which I hope never does.

You can't say "yes". You don't know. You won't unless you are put in the situation.

Speaking from experience I don't think you would. Oh, I don't doubt that you would want to. But the odds are that even if you did produce a weapon not only would you NOT kill your target, but in fact you would end up being killed by your own weapon. That stands for most of the population.

Statistically, the most dangerous person in the world is a woman in protect mode. They've been known to pick up a gun never having touched it and killing anyone attacking what's theirs.

Might want to try that one again.

Meh, they are full of shit. Only a sociopath would be as gleeful about taking a life as some of these poseurs are acting.

It's not a matter of being gleeful or thinking it's some sort of game. As someone who carried several different defensive tools with me most of the time, I have had to sit down and consider long and hard whether or not I could use them; because if I couldn't then I should not OWN them, nevermind carry them.

I have come to the conclusion that with my personal philosophies, mentality, attitudes, and worldview I could and would be willing to take a life; even knowing that it would likely haunt me for the rest of my life to have to do so. It is not something I ever want to have to test or do. However, it is the Gravest Extreme that I train and prepare myself for regularly, in the hope that the training will kick in at that moment if necessary and I'll be just a little quicker and better than the other guy.

You can't say "yes". You don't know. You won't unless you are put in the situation.

I have tried to kill a guy for messing with my family. I would everything the same again.

Statistically, the most dangerous person in the world is a woman in protect mode. They've been known to pick up a gun never having touched it and killing anyone attacking what's theirs.

Might want to try that one again.

I concede that putting children in the equation alters the odds considerably.

I concede that putting children in the equation alters the odds considerably.

Yup. You don't ever wanna mess with Momma Bear. :evil:

And never, never, never get between a cow and her calf. Those little suckers bawl once and you're dead meat. Cows are vicious and relentless.

Last edited:
Meh, they are full of shit. Only a sociopath would be as gleeful about taking a life as some of these poseurs are acting.

It's not a matter of being gleeful or thinking it's some sort of game. As someone who carried several different defensive tools with me most of the time, I have had to sit down and consider long and hard whether or not I could use them; because if I couldn't then I should not OWN them, nevermind carry them.

I have come to the conclusion that with my personal philosophies, mentality, attitudes, and worldview I could and would be willing to take a life; even knowing that it would likely haunt me for the rest of my life to have to do so. It is not something I ever want to have to test or do. However, it is the Gravest Extreme that I train and prepare myself for regularly, in the hope that the training will kick in at that moment if necessary and I'll be just a little quicker and better than the other guy.

I think there is a better than even chance that you actually ARE a sociopath, so the post of mine you quoted was not directed at you. :lol:

My nephew is safer with me then with his own mother. She would not kill under any circumstances ...even it was to kill someone who was killing her own child.

Had a similar run-in with a friend of mine about five years ago. She walked into her apartment just after it had been burglarized. She said she could still feel his "presence" in the apartment when she walked in. The cops figured he may have been going out the back door as she came in the front.

She called me up and asked what was necessary to get a gun permit. I told her that I didn't think she should get one. We got into a long arguement about it. I told her to come over on Saturday and I'd explain why.

When she got there, I took my .38spl revolver, unloaded it, handed it to her and walked across the apartment (about 30 feet away). I then told her to point the gun at me and pull the trigger. She refused, telling me it broke every bit of gun safety I'd ever taught her. I instigated an arguement with her over it. As I did so, I slowly closed the distance between myself and her. I called her every name in the book that a man should never call a woman. She still refused to point the empty gun at me and pull the trigger. Finally I reached arms length away from her. I grabbed the gun out of her hand, placed it near her head and pulled the trigger. She went ballistic. She slapped me hard enough to knock me off my feet.

I looked up from the floor and said "Nice shot. Too bad you're already DEAD. THAT is why you can't own a gun. You couldn't point a knowingly EMPTY revolver at me and pull the trigger, how the hell do you think you'd be able to actually SHOOT someone. What I just did to you is exactly what would happen, except that you'd never hear the BANG that replaced that 'click'."

She was furious with me for about three weeks. Then we got back together and found someone to properly secure her apartment. We also got her the permit for pepper spray and the proper training to use it.

My nephew is safer with me then with his own mother. She would not kill under any circumstances ...even it was to kill someone who was killing her own child.

Had a similar run-in with a friend of mine about five years ago. She walked into her apartment just after it had been burglarized. She said she could still feel his "presence" in the apartment when she walked in. The cops figured he may have been going out the back door as she came in the front.

She called me up and asked what was necessary to get a gun permit. I told her that I didn't think she should get one. We got into a long arguement about it. I told her to come over on Saturday and I'd explain why.

When she got there, I took my .38spl revolver, unloaded it, handed it to her and walked across the apartment (about 30 feet away). I then told her to point the gun at me and pull the trigger. She refused, telling me it broke every bit of gun safety I'd ever taught her. I instigated an arguement with her over it. As I did so, I slowly closed the distance between myself and her. I called her every name in the book that a man should never call a woman. She still refused to point the empty gun at me and pull the trigger. Finally I reached arms length away from her. I grabbed the gun out of her hand, placed it near her head and pulled the trigger. She went ballistic. She slapped me hard enough to knock me off my feet.

I looked up from the floor and said "Nice shot. Too bad you're already DEAD. THAT is why you can't own a gun. You couldn't point a knowingly EMPTY revolver at me and pull the trigger, how the hell do you think you'd be able to actually SHOOT someone. What I just did to you is exactly what would happen, except that you'd never hear the BANG that replaced that 'click'."

She was furious with me for about three weeks. Then we got back together and found someone to properly secure her apartment. We also got her the permit for pepper spray and the proper training to use it.

Most of my family are like that.... could not kill if their or someone they loves lives depended on it. Not people i want in a fox hole with me or having my back in any situation.

And no...its not because they have NOT been put in that situation to "test" it out. They have been in situations like this...and walked away. :eek: And i hate them for it.

I've never fired a gun, never held a gun, so what the hell good would it do for me to point one at somebody...or even threaten to shoot someone??
I am certain I couldn't do it.
Even if I could, I would surely miss.
I am so deathly afraid of guns, if there is one in somebody's house and they get it out to show me, I am out the door.
If I had to be forced to protect my family, I would find a way I'm sure, I just don't know what I would do, and hopefully I won't ever have to find out.

I've never fired a gun, never held a gun, so what the hell good would it do for me to point one at somebody...or even threaten to shoot someone??
I am certain I couldn't do it.
Even if I could, I would surely miss.
I am so deathly afraid of guns, if there is one in somebody's house and they get it out to show me, I am out the door.
If I had to be forced to protect my family, I would find a way I'm sure, I just don't know what I would do, and hopefully I won't ever have to find out.

Guns aren't as dangerous as the people wielding them. They're dangerous with or without the firearms.

Saying guns are responsible for killing is like saying spoons are responsible for Rosie O'Donnell being fat. ;)

You're just not going to put me on ignore , are you? :rofl:

Not until you actually find a way to insult me or push one of my "buttons" Brain. You've been trying SO HARD to get on that list for like two weeks now and the funny thing is you haven't even come CLOSE to doing so yet.

You're going to actually have to find a way to truly insult me or piss me off, and for some reason you're just not being able to findi any of the right buttons to do it.

Forum List

Back