~Would You Take A Life??~

But seriously, folks . . .

If you live in a state that utilizes capital punishment, you can (and DO) kill other humans all the time. When they shoot the juice, it is being shot in the name of "The PEOPLE of the State of . . . "

That's YOU, brother (and sister).

That's a HUGE leap.

In the sense of the direction of the OP, yes. But it is a valid point. Of course, it will be totally lost on death penalty proponents of which, I assume, you are one.

If there was immediate threat to myself, my child, other family or friends I would with no hesitation. If someone I didn't know was in danger and I had the means to do so I would do the same. I have already twice had to make the heartbreaking decision to take life. While some may argue otherwise, the choice had to be made and I know in my heart I made the right one. I have aborted two of my own children in the past 6 years. I welcome the naysayers, but I find peace in my decisions.

Intense as I know your personal situation. I have never aborted but I would and will take a life(I'm not talking about abortion) with no hesitation. My father is a retired Navy Seal who went to Vietnam and Desert Storm and growing up with him plus a physically abusive step father have engraved my brain, my personality to kill mean men. No women or kids, just mean men. I've seen death with my own eyes and it does something to you, mentally.
:cuckoo:

I love all and never look for trouble. I've never been arrested for anything and would rather spread love but violence does happen and I am ready when it comes knocking on my door.

Last edited:
Or maybe that should read, COULD you take a life??

If so, can you describe what would motivate you to take another's life??[/QUOTE

I have taken a life. The guy shot first, and deserved it, doesn't make me feel any better about it.

If you live in a state that utilizes capital punishment, you can (and DO) kill other humans all the time. When they shoot the juice, it is being shot in the name of "The PEOPLE of the State of . . . "

That's a HUGE leap.

In the sense of the direction of the OP, yes. But it is a valid point. Of course, it will be totally lost on death penalty proponents of which, I assume, you are one.

Actually I am. However many people are not and they live in the same state.

However, I took this as a more personal view. I personnaly couldn't put someone in the dirt on purpose.

For everyone that said they could.

Are you assuming you have a fire arm of some kind?

If you are, and you are in a situation where you don't have one.

Could you stab, choke or beat someone to the point you see the life go out of thier eyes?

B/c that's wehre; "Die by the sword" comes from. Seeing another man breath his last breath in front of you, knowing that you were the one that killed him, will change you forever. You will "die by the sword".

I'm not sure I could ever take a life.
Granted, I've never been in any kind of situation that warranted me doing such a thing, but hell, I have never fired a gun.
In fact, I am terrified of guns, go a little cuckoo if I see one and more cuckoo if I know it's loaded.
If my life, or someone I love depended on it, I am assuming I could react accordingly....but I could never just out right, stab, shoot or hit somebody over the head with a golf club or something.
It would have to be drastic for me to really kill another.
Whereas, we all know there are people floating around who go about just looking for the thrill to kill.

Could you stab, choke or beat someone to the point you see the life go out of thier eyes?

B/c that's wehre; "Die by the sword" comes from. Seeing another man breath his last breath in front of you, knowing that you were the one that killed him, will change you forever. You will "die by the sword".

It would be hard to kill someone without a firearm. This is because with your fists or an object you can use self defense and not kill someone, simply stop them from harming you by knocking them out without death being an issue.

Even beating someone mercessly like in the SF giants fan case, will not cause death. This case does not demonstrate much because he was the victim, but I am sure he or his family would have gladly taken the gangsters life, with a gun, their hands, a bat, anything, to prevent their loved one from almost fatal brain damage in the parking lot of a baseball game.....

Last edited:

The only thing I would add is that the State should film it, put it on Pay-Per-View and send all the profits to the victim's families.

I could in a heartbeat to defend another human being. I've come very close twice and a potential rapist and a knife wielding would be robber both thought better when confronted with a firearm.
Frankly, in either case I would not have lost a lot of sleep had I had to take a life. I don't suffer from the delusion that all human life is worthy of oxygen.

Either, and/or both. I generally shoot smowhere between 150 & 300 rounds of handgun ammo a month. I also spend a fair amount of time at the gym and have studied western (not eastern) martial arts in my life. I would have no problem killing someone up close and personal.

If so, can you describe what would motivate you to take another's life??

Anyone that harms my pets.
Anyone I saw abusing an animal (which is why I stay hidden in my house. I hide from the world).
Anyone that threatens me with intent to kill me or mine.

Cool! Next time can i push the button?

This threads a bit chilling.

I had no idea so many people "think" they could end someones life w/o hesitation.

I'm starting to feel like a pacifist all of a sudden.

Sad to say, I don't "think" it. :eusa_angel:

If you have had to do, I am truly sorry you were in such a situation.

Most people think about it when they are holding a gun of some kind. Squeeze the trigger and he, it's always a he, dies over there.

Imagine having to knife someone, up close and personal, imagine it's a young woman, a teen looking to steal something for whatever.

Could you stick it in her and watch as the light went out in her eyes?

Consider strangulation.

I had no idea so many people "think" they could end someones life w/o hesitation.

Meh, they are full of shit. Only a sociopath would be as gleeful about taking a life as some of these poseurs are acting.

I was less than 20 feet away from the man I shot and killed. He was a bad , bad man. I don't mean bad ass bad. I mean evil bad. But there was no pleasure in watching his light flicker off. Some people are fucking retarded.

Sad to say, I don't "think" it. :eusa_angel:

If you have had to do, I am truly sorry you were in such a situation.

Most people think about it when they are holding a gun of some kind. Squeeze the trigger and he, it's always a he, dies over there.

Imagine having to knife someone, up close and personal, imagine it's a young woman, a teen looking to steal something for whatever.

Could you stick it in her and watch as the light went out in her eyes?

Consider strangulation.

Yes, i would be up for all of that too. Killing someone isnt always clean or at arms length. The OP question is about how well you know yourself.

If so, can you describe what would motivate you to take another's life??

Yes. Self Defense. The Protection of Innocent Life. It would be the Last Option, not the First Option.

Forum List

Back