Would You Support War With Syria?

Would You Support War With Syria?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
As the War Drums beat louder & louder, it appears War with Syria is inevitable. How do you feel about our involvement in it. Will you support it?

As the War Drums beat louder & louder, it appears War with Syria is inevitable. How do you feel about our involvement in it. Will you support it?

We are broke. Where would we get the money to fight yet another unwinnable war? Besides, why would we go to war in the first place? What imminent threat does Syria or forces within pose to the US?

We are broke. Where would we get the money to fight yet another unwinnable war? Besides, why would we go to war in the first place? What imminent threat does Syria or forces within pose to the US?

When has a country not being a threat to the U.S. stopped us from going to war with them in the past?

Obama's got so many wars going on now, what's one more gonna hurt.
I would also suggest re-instating the draft. Maybe after a few tours of duty these Liberals will finally begin appreciating the United States a little more.

Sure, just as long as our dear leader calls it something other than "war". That way, he needs no Congressional approval and we'd only be dropping "happy bombs".

:eek:

Uh, no, I would not support yet another war.

When has a country not being a threat to the U.S. stopped us from going to war with them in the past?

It never has. We became the world's police at some point after WWII. And we do it for free on the backs of the American taxpyaers. However, now that everyone in our government admits we are broke, THAT should stop us.

I would also suggest re-instating the draft. Maybe after a few tours of duty these Liberals will finally begin appreciating the United States a little more.

I too, would like to see the draft reinstated. I bet Mitt Romney (with his 5 non-serving sons) would tone down the saber rattling rhetoric then!

Those factors don't seem to matter much in deciding whether or not to go to War. Those questions weren't even asked before going to War with Libya. So why would those questions be asked now?

Those factors don't seem to matter much in deciding whether or not to go to War. Those questions weren't even asked before going to War with Libya. So why would those questions be asked now?

Because they SHOULD be? Borrowing money from Communist China as Bush did in order to invade and occupy Iraq and Afghanistan, should no longer be an option.

I feel for the civilians getting hurt or killed, but it's hard to accept putting our people in harm's way unless our security is at stake. Hate to see what's going on, and if the Russians really are supplying the Syrian gov't with helos and such, then we oughta pursue some sort of sanction against them on political and economic levels. Right now, we don't seem to have the balls to stand up to Putin or anyone else for that matter.

If they would attack one of our allies, I would support war
If they would be going toward production of a nuke, I would support bombing that facility or backing up one of our allies that would complete that action
If they would be proven to be caught financing or supporting a terrorist attack of America or Americans, I would support war
If they (somehow) would be stupid enough to attack us or one of our ships or something like that, I would support war

But as things stand now... why would I support a war with Syria??

How many 'wars' between 1945 and today, and which in your wisdom were necessry for the security of the United States?

It never has. We became the world's police at some point after WWII. And we do it for free on the backs of the American taxpyaers. However, now that everyone in our government admits we are broke, THAT should stop us.

I would say we became the world's police sometime around the Spanish-American war. Regardless, you're right that being broke should stop us, but, again, it never has before so why would it now?

I too, would like to see the draft reinstated. I bet Mitt Romney (with his 5 non-serving sons) would tone down the saber rattling rhetoric then!

Are Obama's daughters talking with recruiters. Did Obama serve? I must have missed that. Did you? If not, fucking enlist, assfucker.

Does Syria have any oil?

From what I can tell, they sell about $13B in crude oil and related products to Italy and France

Syria (09/08/10)

That's not much, but if anyone should feel the need to "stabilize" Syria, then I'd expect it to be Italy:

:eusa_hand:

Don't hold your breath

I'm not interested in fighting any more wars in the middle east.

Let the Arab League deal with an Arab problem.

Let them spend their blood and treasure sorting out a problem in an Arab country.

Seems to me, only one factor has kept out of this War so far. And that's the fact Syria just isn't a major player in Oil. The Libyan War had a green light from the very beginning. Libya is a major player in Oil. But Syria does have oil. So i believe War with Syria is still likely. But that's just my opinion anyway.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
Seems to me, only one factor has kept out of this War so far. And that's the fact Syria just isn't a major player in Oil. The Libyan War had a green light from the very beginning. Libya is a major player in Oil. But Syria does have oil. So i believe War with Syria is still likely. But that's just my opinion anyway.

Lybian oil exports = 1,550,000 bbl/d

Syrian oil exports = 150,000 bbl/d

Last edited:

Forum List

Back