Would You Support War With Iran?

Would You Support War With Iran?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I dont know what this fascination with score keeping is.
We did not invade as many countries as the Soviet Union. But if we did, does that make us worse than the Soviets? This was the claim back in the 1980s, btw. The Soviets were bad only because we liked to invade places.
Now I see this same stupid ass argument crop up among the brain dead, Muslims hate us because of blow back. If it weren't for US policy there would be peace and freedom all over the world.
The opposite is the case.

There is no comparison there.

Iran has not invaded ANY countries.

In fact, we invaded them by proxy. Reagan gave Saddam Hussein the go ahead, and then the US provided the weapons, including chemical weapons, to do the job.

Now, I'm not going to argue that the government of Iran is not a terrible, oppressive regime, but as far as threats to other nations go, they simply do not have a history of invasion.

Hitler did, obviously. So did the USSR. And so did we.

The fact that we did it in the name of a "noble cause" is not the question. Surely they believe their cause to be "noble" as well. We did it. They did not. Those are the facts.

The argument here is that a Nucliear Armed Iraq might be a threat to the nation of Israel. Well, that might be true. But our massive nuclear stockpile, combined with the USSR's Nuclear stockpile, was literally a threat to the entire world, should war with Russia have ever happened. And it came mighty close, quite a few times.

Besides, Iran must know that if it used Nuclear weapons against Iraq, we'd turn their entire nation into a sheet of glass within 24 hours.

Germany had a long history of aggression & War before the rise of the Nazis. And i'm not blaming the U.S. for anything. But you're promoting more War based on fallacies. We have been far more aggressive and War-like than Iran in recent memory. How many countries have we bombed and invaded in the last 70yrs. Now compare that to Iran.

No, they did not. After WW1 Germany was defeated. It had a new constitution and democratic government. It was deeply in debt from reparations, and suffering from a depressed economy. They were not in much position to wage war. Their prior history is irrelevant.
Yes, you blame the US for being "aggressive" like that is bad in and of itself.
Iran is very aggressive, seeking regional hegemony. They are already the largest country in the middle east, since we knocked out Iraq. Arab countries are afraid of Iran as well. A nuclear Iran is a destabilizing factor in the region. One that needs to be avoided.
How many countries have we bombed and invaded? Not enough.

Germany lost badly in WWI, and then they started WWII. They had a long and recent history of aggression leading up to the Nazis. Iran has no such history. In fact, our own recent history is much more comparable to Germany's back then.

HArdly an accurate portrayal as to what happened.
If you dont think Iran is aggressive then you haven't been paying attention.
And comparing the US to Nazi Germany is so libtarded.

No, they did not. After WW1 Germany was defeated. It had a new constitution and democratic government. It was deeply in debt from reparations, and suffering from a depressed economy. They were not in much position to wage war. Their prior history is irrelevant.
Iran is very aggressive, seeking regional hegemony. They are already the largest country in the middle east, since we knocked out Iraq. Arab countries are afraid of Iran as well. A nuclear Iran is a destabilizing factor in the region. One that needs to be avoided.

Germany lost badly in WWI, and then they started WWII. They had a long and recent history of aggression leading up to the Nazis. Iran has no such history. In fact, our own recent history is much more comparable to Germany's back then.

Not as 'libtarded' as you may think. We're currently borrowing many of their Police State domestic policies too. Sadly, we're becoming more like them everyday.

Iran has been at war with us since the they took over our Embassy. They killed our Marines in Beruit in the 80s and have been fighting us through terrorists in Iraq and Afghanistan.

If they get nukes, they will use them on Israel, us and others.

When their religious wackos believe some leader will rise from the dead in chaos on Earth......you need to pay attention.

So YES....we need to bomb the hell out of Iran's nuclear program and military.

Let's be clear, if the choice is War or Iran having nuclear weapons, then let me be the first to answer honestly and say YES, I would support a war with Iran. And before you you idiots go into rabid dog mode and attack me, the answer is YES... I did serve my Country.
Then think about this...

...any country smart enough to build a nuclear bomb,
is also smart enough to know,
that if they use that bomb,
their country will glow in the dark.

When it comes to extremists, I'm not so sure rationality applies... And I for one, am not willing to take that "chance".

Well, if isn't the mother of all fascistotards is , and she is clueless as per usual.

Show me how smart you is. Identify that last country Iran invaded. You are free to go back 500 years.

Is that because you work as a janitor at KBR-Halliburton. Please be careful, don't break a nail.

It is hilarious and pathetic to see people claim Iran isn't doing bad things because they haven't "invaded" their neighbors.

Supporting terrorists against us and Israel puts them on the shit list, as well as their program to develop nukes as a dysfunctional country.

Well, if isn't the mother of all fascistotards is , and she is clueless as per usual.

Show me how smart you is. Identify that last country Iran invaded. You are free to go back 500 years.

Is that because you work as a janitor at KBR-Halliburton. Please be careful, don't break a nail.

Oh look. One of the brain dead anti-semites on this board chiming in.
How quaint.

Those ok with Iran having nuclear weapons need to explain why?

Why would it be ok for them to own nukes to attack Israel, us or their neighbors.....or just blackmail their Arab neighbors into making us pay out the nose for oil?

Last time I checked the US and Israel haven't attacked Iran or made threats against them like they've done against us....so what is their excuse for owning nukes???

We cut Iraq's balls off, so they can't fear Iraq. They can't fear the Afghans or the Tajiks, etc.

Why do they want nuclear bombs.....

No to all "pre-emtive" wars, no matter what the excuse.

It's always best to take a "defensive" position, and wait for thousands of Americans to die.

That way, the "international community" won't criticiize the USA as much when we do decide to take care of business and kick some ass. :cuckoo:

Yes, much better to invade and decimate a country for what they might do. :rolleyes:
Quiet now, the grown ups are talking.

Why would it be ok for them to own nukes to attack Israel, us or their neighbors.....or just blackmail their Arab neighbors into making us pay out the nose for oil?

Last time I checked the US and Israel haven't attacked Iran or made threats against them like they've done against us....so what is their excuse for owning nukes???

We cut Iraq's balls off, so they can't fear Iraq. They can't fear the Afghans or the Tajiks, etc.

It's the libtard view: America is evil and we can't go around dictating what we want other countries to do. So if Iran wants to nuke Israel off the map, that's their problem. If France wants to invade Cote d'Ivoire, that's their problem. If Mexico wants to invade Texas, that's their problem. If anyone want to do anything other than break down my door, it's someone else's problem.
This is why narco-libtardism is the dumbest most self centered philosophy on earth.

Last time I checked the US and Israel haven't attacked Iran or made threats against them like they've done against us....so what is their excuse for owning nukes???...

What a dumb fuck. Are you and The Rabid related?

By the summer of 1953, the British and American governments initiated a joint Anglo-American plan for the covert overthrow of Dr. Mohammad Mossadegh, the Prime Minister of Iran.

On August 19th, 1953, the United States Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), overthrew Iran's duly elected Prime Minister

Romney said he'd attack Iran.

He claims that Obama isn't taking a tough enough stance, and that he'd take military action to prevent them from getting Nukes.

And that he doesn't need Congressional approval to start the war. That's a pretty bold claim.

Let's be clear, if the choice is War or Iran having nuclear weapons, then let me be the first to answer honestly and say YES, I would support a war with Iran. And before you you idiots go into rabid dog mode and attack me, the answer is YES... I did serve my Country.
Then think about this...

...any country smart enough to build a nuclear bomb,
is also smart enough to know,
that if they use that bomb,
their country will glow in the dark.

When it comes to extremists, I'm not so sure rationality applies... And I for one, am not willing to take that "chance".

Rationality applies everywhere. You'll notice that it's not the leadership of these countries that strap the bombs to their chests. They find idiots for that.

No way the poll is 4 yes, and 27 no... Without some people being either disingenuous, or completely brain-dead with regards to the ramifications of Iran obtaining Nuclear weapons. I voted yes, and I explained my reason for it. Why not someone who voted No, explain why you'd be OK if an extremist Regime like Iran's had Nukes? I won't hold my breath for an answer.

It's not a matter of being okay with it. It's about seeing the harm from war as being greater than the risk posed by a nuclear Iran.

Why do they nukes? Prestige is a big factor. Protection is another.

Also, for those saying Iran is filled with "crazies", it's important to remember that pretending to be crazy is actually a really smart survival strategy.

Forum List

Back