Would You Support War With Iran?

Would You Support War With Iran?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No and hell no. I did not support war with Iraq or Afghanistan or the vietnam war. Too many innocent people are aborted by wars. Those war mongering Reich Wing Extremist did not serve in the military and neither did thei children. McCain did not serve,he was captive most of the time by crashing 5 planes. Wars are legal murder and murder is a sin.
Whats the point in going to war with Iran?

Good point. What if our "war" was restricted to taking out their nuclear capabilities and doing only enough damage to the right parts of the military infrastructure to give the people a chance to rise and overthrow the government, which they very well might do. If we did do that, it should be with follow up air cover and support or we could end up with another Bay of Pigs or Gulf War I slaughter in Iraq.

Sure, good tactics all.

However, Iran has a pretty damn large military infrastructure.

I remember what happened in the very similar situation that was Iraq, after we destroyed their defensive capabilities and then watched and waited. That didn't work very well, did it?

Actually I addressed your last point in my post.

I agree with you on Iran's large infrastructure, but I'm assuming if our military did it there would be endless assessment and planning. HW sort of had it fall in his lap, and he bungled it like everything he did. While I'm not advocating this, I'm open to it under the right circumstances. Hopefully if we do it then Obama would let the military make military decisions instead of his making political decisions.

Last edited:
So we used them in aggression on another nation? When was that?

Liberal logic, you can't follow it with a program.

Also, Israel isn't a rogue nation who's terror starts with it's own people. I'm not for invading Iran, I'm just talking about the silliness that was your post. I am open to limiting the damage they can do with nuclear weapons, but I'm not interested in another round of the US takes it on themselves to do the world a favor, the world returns the favor by kicking us in the balls. If Israel deals with them, I'm all for it.

Umm, Japan? World War II?

Ring a bell?

Israel was actually built by terrorists. The original Zionists used terrorist tactics all the time to try and create a homeland in Israel, and Israel makes no bones about all the targets they've destroyed, which is pretty much anything they consider a threat.

Now, I don't take the side of the Arabs in this situation, certainly, as they use terrorist tactics all the time themselves, but the Israelis sure as hell aren't innocent in that situation, not by a long shot.

True and for that matter, the US was built by terrorists.

No but we may not have a choice. Mitt and the Rs have said that Obama is too soft on our enemies, Mitt has said he wants to enlarge our already bloated military and that he wants a war of his very own.

Apparently, "too soft" means the incredibly surgical and accurate strikes against bin Laden (that the Rs tried and failed to take credit for!) as well as Obama's taking out others of our enemies without a huge war debt, and hundreds of thousands dead or wounded/maimed for life.

The Rs have also criticized President Obama's so-called "kill list", which, of course, EVERY president or head of country has. While Bush wiped out hundreds of thousands of women and children without any question from American citizens or congress, a source has said that those standing within a few feet the target would be collateral. Like it not, that is probably true and the rw's/congress have been apoplectic about it.

As we speak, President Obama is meeting with Putin in Mexico ... Even though Mittens (incredibly!) said that Russia is our biggest enemy, we should be fine. Gawd help us if Mittens and Putin are ever together in the same room. We'd likely be at war within a very few minutes.

There's always a choice. We don't have to go to War with Iran. That's true whether it's Barack Obama or Mitt Romney as President. And to be fair, both are in full agreement on Iran. Obama said recently, that he would not allow Iran to have Nukes. He also said 'all options are on the table.'

Last edited:
Actually I addressed your last point in my post.

I agree with you on Iran's large infrastructure, but I'm assuming if our military did it there would be endless assessment and planning. HW sort of had it fall in his lap, and he bungled it like everything he did. While I'm sort of advocating this, I'm open to it under the right circumstances. Hopefully if we do it then Obama would let the military make military decisions instead of his making political decisions.

Ahh, you did. Sorry missed that.

So we used them in aggression on another nation? When was that?

Liberal logic, you can't follow it with a program.

Also, Israel isn't a rogue nation who's terror starts with it's own people. I'm not for invading Iran, I'm just talking about the silliness that was your post. I am open to limiting the damage they can do with nuclear weapons, but I'm not interested in another round of the US takes it on themselves to do the world a favor, the world returns the favor by kicking us in the balls. If Israel deals with them, I'm all for it.

Umm, Japan? World War II?

Ring a bell?
Our use of nuclear weapons in WWII was "aggressive?" I mean no duh, that's obviously what my reference was about.

Israel was actually built by terrorists. The original Zionists used terrorist tactics all the time to try and create a homeland in Israel.

And Israel makes no bones about all the targets they've destroy with surprise attacks, which is pretty much anything they consider a threat. Does having their military carry out attacks make said attacks more palatable to you?

Now, I don't take the side of the Arabs in this situation, certainly, as they use terrorist tactics all the time themselves, but the Israelis sure as hell aren't innocent in that situation, not by a long shot.

I didn't say they are "innocent" I said they are not a rogue nation.

No and hell no. I did not support war with Iraq or Afghanistan or the vietnam war. Too many innocent people are aborted by wars. Those war mongering Reich Wing Extremist did not serve in the military and neither did thei children. McCain did not serve,he was captive most of the time by crashing 5 planes. Wars are legal murder and murder is a sin.

McCain Didn't Serve?

You are disgusting.

McCain Didn't Serve?

You are disgusting.

Yeah, that was pretty messed up, I have to say.

Wrong. Tell me when American Revolutionaries targeted Civilians as a matter of Course?

Lincoln decreed that the army should use bayonets on Native American women and crush children's skulls with their boot heels "to save bullets".

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Bury-My-Heart-Wounded-Knee/dp/0805086846]Amazon.com: Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee: An Indian History of the American West (9780805086843): Dee Brown, Hampton Sides: Books[/ame]

If they would attack one of our allies, I would support war
If they would be going further toward production of a nuke, I would support bombing that facility or backing up one of our allies that would complete that action
If they would be proven to be caught financing or supporting a terrorist attack of America or Americans, I would support war
If they (somehow) would be stupid enough to attack us or one of our ships or something like that, I would support war

But as things stand now... why would I support a war with Iran??

Oddly, I'm with Paulitician on this.

How does bombing another country not qualify as an act of war?

What do you think our reaction would be if Iran bombed our nuclear facilities?

War, in this case with how I responded, would be a full declaration of war and going to the elimination of the military and government of that country...

We can have an action of a military strike without a formal declaration of war.. and we can openly and fully support if an ally (such as Israel) takes out Iran's nuke capabilities... keeping that whackaloon government from having such a weapon of mass destruction....

If Iran bombed something of ours.. whether it be a nuke facility, a city, an embassy, or whatever else... I would fully support a war wiping them off the map

Wrong. Tell me when American Revolutionaries targeted Civilians as a matter of Course?

Lincoln decreed that the army should use bayonets on Native American women and crush children's skulls with their boot heels "to save bullets".

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Bury-My-Heart-Wounded-Knee/dp/0805086846]Amazon.com: Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee: An Indian History of the American West (9780805086843): Dee Brown, Hampton Sides: Books[/ame]

Lincoln was one of the Revolutionaries now?

God you people are fucking stupid.

If they would attack one of our allies, I would support war
If they would be going further toward production of a nuke, I would support bombing that facility or backing up one of our allies that would complete that action
If they would be proven to be caught financing or supporting a terrorist attack of America or Americans, I would support war
If they (somehow) would be stupid enough to attack us or one of our ships or something like that, I would support war

But as things stand now... why would I support a war with Iran??

Oddly, I'm with Paulitician on this.

How does bombing another country not qualify as an act of war?

What do you think our reaction would be if Iran bombed our nuclear facilities?

[/QUOTE]

the Problem is he put it in a poll, asking people to go on Record saying yes or no they would support "War" With Iran.

As I said, It totally depends on context. As of now I would support an Air War against Japan, But if you are talking an Invasion, count me the fuck out.

If the Question was do you support Military Action against Iran to stop them from Getting Nukes, I would have definitely voted yes.

Number Of Contractors In Afghanistan Will Surge As U.S. Troops Withdraw

Typically, the U.S. pays one contractor to support every soldier that has deployed to Afghanistan and Iraq. The ratio of contractors to troops increases dramatically during a military surge as well as during a drawdown, and often stays higher than troop levels when military numbers are low, i.e. down to 30,000-50,000

CHART: Number Of Contractors In Afghanistan Will Surge As U.S. Troops Withdraw | ThinkProgress

Another benefit left us by Bush that Obama have to pay for and getting blamed for.

The People Who Brought You The Iraq War Release A New Ad: Bomb Iran

The People Who Brought You The Iraq War Release A New Ad: Bomb Iran | ThinkProgress

Forum List

Back