Would You Support The Death Penalty for White Collar Crimes?

Secular, I have my doubts about the afterlife which is one of the reasons I'd like them to stay around.

If there is no afterlife then IMO death would be a lesser punishment then keeping them around in prison.

5 years of prison and an execution that may or may not be painful vs. at least 25 years in the same prison.

Oh and if you think there's nothing worse than death ... go watch Se7en. Particularly the Sloth scene.
I have seen seven and far worse movies for that matter. I am surprised that you would see things that way from a secular point of view (not your stance on the death penalty but on death itself). For me there is no worse concept than ceasing to exist. Experience, no matter the nature, is of more value to me than non experience. That is part of the reason people have invented hell. From several other debates in years gone by I have been shown that the bible does not support the existence of a hell where you are continually punished for eternity. The belief in hell, I believe, stems from the need to have an afterlife no matter what the afterlife entails as the thought of ceasing to exist is a hard concept to swallow.

In any event, prison is certainly not worse as, while not a walk in the park, it is not that bad.

Rational reasoning may be there at the start of efforts to deal with crime,

Law is not based on rationality. It is utterly irrational and violates the rules of logic and is logically fallacious. When you say "reason", you just really mean "motive".

but it often falls by the wayside as passions enter. Society allows society. What should not be allowed is often mooter than moot. :lol:

Society cannot allow or disallow itself, that is retarded.

Society today calls for punishments to be commensurate with harm caused...the severity of crimes. That idea had me post the OP.

Just stating society "calls" for the exact same thing it proposes is not only completely stupid, but formally logically fallacious.

I won bother arguing with you further, I can see you are just an enraged and muddled thinker.

I have no idea WTF you are talking about and neither do you. You have taken words out of context and made up arguments I never made---then answered them. :cuckoo:

you make liability and crusadingfrunk look sane

Rational reasoning may be there at the start of efforts to deal with crime,

Law is not based on rationality. It is utterly irrational and violates the rules of logic and is logically fallacious. When you say "reason", you just really mean "motive".

Society today calls for punishments to be commensurate with harm caused...the severity of crimes. That idea had me post the OP.

Just stating society "calls" for the exact same thing it proposes is not only completely stupid, but formally logically fallacious.

I won bother arguing with you further, I can see you are just an enraged and muddled thinker.

I have no idea WTF you are talking about and neither do you.

I understand exactly what I am talking about, and all you can do is become emotional and abusive when faced with your Seer.

And to abuse Me and dismiss My arguments when you admit you don't understand them is also pretty stupid.

I have no idea WTF you are talking about and neither do you.

I understand exactly what I am talking about, and all you can do is become emotional and abusive when faced with your Seer.

And to abuse Me and dismiss My arguments when you admit you don't understand them is also pretty stupid.
you idiot. I don't get emotional. I'm a prick. I get a rise out of beating you.

Forum List

Back