Would you support it? Why or why not?

Would you agree to reduce minimum wage and open up immigration?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
vasu, can all the people making 85 cents an hour who can't afford to house themselves come and stay at your place?

No. Why do you ask such a random question? The people that make $7.25 an hour that can't afford to house themselves can't come stay at my place either.

When Hillary raises minimum wage to $15 an hour then I will not let the people making $15 an hour who can't afford to house themselves come and stay at my place either. I understand your point but it doesn't work that way. It never will even if minimum wage is $155.12 per hour. I have never met one person in my entire life that makes enough money. I doubt I ever will.

Over the course of 3 years raising the minimum wage accomplishes absolutely nothing. The only impact related to raising the minimum wage takes place in the short term. It causes good things and bad things.
Why do you want to exploit people and where will they stay?

vasu, can all the people making 85 cents an hour who can't afford to house themselves come and stay at your place?

No. Why do you ask such a random question? The people that make $7.25 an hour that can't afford to house themselves can't come stay at my place either.

When Hillary raises minimum wage to $15 an hour then I will not let the people making $15 an hour who can't afford to house themselves come and stay at my place either. I understand your point but it doesn't work that way. It never will even if minimum wage is $155.12 per hour. I have never met one person in my entire life that makes enough money. I doubt I ever will.

Over the course of 3 years raising the minimum wage accomplishes absolutely nothing. The only impact related to raising the minimum wage takes place in the short term. It causes good things and bad things.

Because I am mean. They will stay in their own house.

------------------------------ :afro:. And its a good question if you are advocating for immigration into the USA Vasu .

Americans can build lots of houses if there is enough cheap labor available. We are very good at building houses.
---------------------------------------- not interested , Let your cheap labor stay where it belongs Vasu !!

Because I am mean. They will stay in their own house.
What house will they be able to afford on 85 cents an hour?

Some people can't afford to house themselves on $7.25 an hour especially if they only work 8 hours per month.

The Earned Income Credit can more efficiently address the living situation of people than an hourly wage. Let me give you a few examples.

Person A works for $7.25 an hour and works 40 hours per week. Person A averages $1,256.66 per month in income.

Person B works for $7.25 an hour and works 3 hours per week. Person B averages $94.25 per month in income.

Person C works for $15.00 an hour and works 40 hours per week. Person C averages $2,600.00 per month in income.

Person D works for $15.00 an hour and works 3 hours per week. Person D averages $195.00 per month in income.

Person E doesn't work at all.

An increase in minimum wage might help person A and person B but it doesn't address person D or person E. On a related note it took Person C 12 years of hard work in order to make $15.00 an hour. Wouldn't person C get short changed if the minimum wage was increased to $15.00 an hour?

Let's complicate things even further. Some of those people are married to spouses with comfortable incomes and some of them are not. Can you tell them apart? Nope. You can't.

Last edited:

Some people can't afford to house themselves on $7.25 an hour especially if they only work 8 hours per month.

The Earned Income Credit can more efficiently address the living situation of people than an hourly wage. Let me give you a few examples.

Person A works for $7.25 an hour and works 40 hours per week. Person A averages $1,256.66 per month in income.

Person B works for $7.25 an hour and works 3 hours per week. Person B averages $94.25 per month in income.

Person C works for $15.00 an hour and works 40 hours per week. Person C averages $2,600.00 per month in income.

Person D works for $15.00 an hour and works 3 hours per week. Person D averages $195.00 per month in income.

An increase in minimum wage might help person A and person B but it doesn't address person D or person E. On a related note it took Person C 12 years of hard work in order to make $15.00 an hour. Wouldn't person C get short changed if the minimum wage was increased to $15.00 an hour?

Let's complicate things even further. Some of those people are married to spouses with comfortable incomes and some of them are not. Can you tell them apart? Nope. You can't.
Holy Deflection Batman!

So what house will your 85 cents an hour worker be able to afford?

Holy Deflection Batman!

So what house will your 85 cents an hour worker be able to afford?

None. Do you have a point? I'm beginning to think that you do not.

no,

We should never accept the low standards of Africa or south Asia! On the otherhand, we have always been a nation of immigrants and never had to lower our standards before.

We have no standards now. They just come here and we don't stop them.
--------------------------------------------------- GO Trump , build that wall as one way to stop some immigration of ALL with special emphasis on dummies that want to get into the USA VAS !!

Do we need to build a wall on the Canadian border?

Would you support a law that would reduce the minimum wage to $0.85 per hour and open immigration up to all foreigners that do not possess a criminal record in their home country?

I support no minimum wage law, period! It is up to Americans to decide what they will, and will not work for. You want a job? Then earn it, just like everyone else has. Want more money? Then show what you are worth!

Some people are living in fantasyland. They think that someone can come out of the sky, and decide what you are worth, lol. Let me tell you------> the more you know, and the harder you work brings your worth from ZERO to another number. Don't like that number? Then compete with a machine-)

Would you compromise and accept $0.85 an hour?

no,

We should never accept the low standards of Africa or south Asia! On the otherhand, we have always been a nation of immigrants and never had to lower our standards before.

--------------------------------------------------- GO Trump , build that wall as one way to stop some immigration of ALL with special emphasis on dummies that want to get into the USA VAS !!

---------------------------------------------- from my layman observations , NO , we do not need a Wall on the Canadian border at this time although might need a wall on the Canadian border someday Vasu .

no,

---------------------------------------------- from my layman observations , NO , we do not need a Wall on the Canadian border at this time although might need a wall on the Canadian border someday Vasu .

I believe the laws in Canada are more immigrant friendly than the immigration laws in Mexico. If I was ten thousand terrorist then I would emigrate to Canada and then sneak across the US border into Dearborn, Michigan. It is a national security issue. Who cares about Mexico? Terrorists can't even get into Mexico.

yep , Canada is stupid with lots of area and small population . Actually , I don't care about invading armies of invaders . My concerns are with legal and illegal immigrant into the USA that change the USA with votes as they gain citizenship Vasu .

yep , Canada is stupid with lots of area and small population . Actually , I don't care about invading armies of invaders . My concerns are with legal and illegal immigrant into the USA that change the USA with votes as they gain citizenship Vasu .

Would you be open to allowing permanent alien status to immigrants with no voting rights? I would.

Well, if you reduce the minimum wage then just the people with the lowest paying jobs will suffer.

However, the UK has a much better plan: close the borders and let the currency devalue so everyone gets a bit poorer. It's brilliant, just like communism.

I think something similar would happen if Trump wins, except it will be the whole world economy, which had no problem getting up after Brexit but the US economy is too large not to have a global effect.

12 people say this is a terrible. I am the only one that thinks this is a terrible idea. I give up. My brain has to be severely defective.

no,

We are a nation of citizens not of immigrants. The nation belongs to us. One cannot have open borders and a welfare system.

Forum List

Back