Would you support it? Why or why not?

Would you agree to reduce minimum wage and open up immigration?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

presonorek

Gold Member
Jun 7, 2015
Alabama
Would you support a law that would reduce the minimum wage to $0.85 per hour and open immigration up to all foreigners that do not possess a criminal record in their home country?

Yes. This would give us access to a cheap labor force to accomplish some much needed work that needs to be accomplished in this country. A lot of work is not being done because the cost is too much. If we can make the cost a little cheaper then people can hire like crazy but do it in a legal way instead of exploiting people. The lax immigration policy would eliminate the illegal immigration problem in two ways. The obvious way is that people could come here legally pretty easily. Those people would have no incentive to cheat the system or break the law. The other reason would be because we would know that the illegal immigrants would be a danger to us and we would be more apt to search them out and deport them to their home country.

no,

We should never accept the low standards of Africa or south Asia! On the otherhand, we have always been a nation of immigrants and never had to lower our standards before.

We have no standards now. They just come here and we don't stop them.

no,

We should never accept the low standards of Africa or south Asia! On the otherhand, we have always been a nation of immigrants and never had to lower our standards before.

--------------------------------------------------- GO Trump , build that wall as one way to stop some immigration of ALL with special emphasis on dummies that want to get into the USA VAS !!

no,

--------------------------------------------------- GO Trump , build that wall as one way to stop some immigration of ALL with special emphasis on dummies that want to get into the USA VAS !!
The wall is a wall in the mind. He builds it every time he doesn't back down to a journalist.

We can all help in our own little lives. Stand up to inference...

no,

The wall is a wall in the mind. He builds it every time he doesn't back down to a journalist.

We can all help in our own little lives. Stand up to inference...

Better be, that's the only wall this jackass will get.

no,

As a nation of immigrants it should be easy to get citizenship and the paper to get it should be at the front desk of every employer. Once they have it = they get minimum wage.

Would you support a law that would reduce the minimum wage to $0.85 per hour and open immigration up to all foreigners that do not possess a criminal record in their home country?

I support no minimum wage law, period! It is up to Americans to decide what they will, and will not work for. You want a job? Then earn it, just like everyone else has. Want more money? Then show what you are worth!

Some people are living in fantasyland. They think that someone can come out of the sky, and decide what you are worth, lol. Let me tell you------> the more you know, and the harder you work brings your worth from ZERO to another number. Don't like that number? Then compete with a machine-)

What does one have to do with the other?

The answer is two-fold. If you lower the minimum wage it prevents the inflow of immigrants from being too great. Another reason is that it will allow us to get some work done around here. Too many businesses don't exist and never will until we get an abundant work force willing to work for low wages. A lot of things will continue to be left undone.

vasu, can all the people making 85 cents an hour who can't afford to house themselves come and stay at your place?

vasu, can all the people making 85 cents an hour who can't afford to house themselves come and stay at your place?

No. Why do you ask such a random question? The people that make $7.25 an hour that can't afford to house themselves can't come stay at my place either.

No. Why do you ask such a random question? The people that make $7.25 an hour that can't afford to house themselves can't come stay at my place either.
------------------------------ :afro:. And its a good question if you are advocating for immigration into the USA Vasu .

------------------------------ :afro:. And its a good question if you are advocating for immigration into the USA Vasu .

Americans can build lots of houses if there is enough cheap labor available. We are very good at building houses.

When Hillary raises minimum wage to $15 an hour then I will not let the people making $15 an hour who can't afford to house themselves come and stay at my place either. I understand your point but it doesn't work that way. It never will even if minimum wage is $155.12 per hour. I have never met one person in my entire life that makes enough money. I doubt I ever will.

Over the course of 3 years raising the minimum wage accomplishes absolutely nothing. The only impact related to raising the minimum wage takes place in the short term. It causes good things and bad things.

Forum List

Back