Would you support anti abortion legislation as long as it included exceptions?

Would you support anti abortion legislation if....

• Total voters
I'm very impressed that 70% of those polled said abortion should be legal.

This forum is very heavy on the repub side of things so I thought the votes would be to take womens rights away. Y'all give me a bit of hope.
Every once-in-a-while, it is possible for a "conservative"/"moralist" to GET common-courtesy.....but, don't go swinging any dead cats.....expecting to hit one of 'em.​

Last edited:
In the womb, if the child does not live, it is a natural death. It is not cut up and dispersed by man for the convenience or nod of a woman.

Should a "God's Will" law be put on the books?

A law has nothing to do with God's will. It should be man's law. Just call murder what it is.

So...........no, it shouldn't?

What about wars and the death penalty? Are those going against God's Will when people make the choice to kill and it's unnatural?

Just let the woman choose whether she wants to get an abortion or not, case closed, stop trying to push your "morals" on others.

You are probably right. This is a personal decision that some women will have to decide and contend with sometime in their lives.

Return the matter to the individual states. Let them decide what is best for them.

No. This is a decision that can only be made by the woman involved. It is no one elses business.

Period.

Which would still be the case if it were a state's issue.
....If the state allows her to make that decision.

Poor argument.
handjob.gif

Women should be informed that they have a legal right to abortion and abortion is the killing of a human being. If they are okay with that, go ahead. Post birth abortion should be illegal under any circumstances whatsoever, no exceptions.

I think more often than not those poor women who don't want to go through pregnancy would just end up either performing the abortion themselves or through a medical loophole at a clinic or on the newly created black market for abortions.

I can't even imagine a way to convict someone for having an abortion either, would seem so easy for a lawyer to either say medically she needed one or that the abortion was an accident.

And one must remember that when abortion was banned prosecutions of the women was very rare and almost as rare for any doctor.
"She needed it because of medical emergency"
Add in current HIPPA laws and that will be used all of the time because the medical records are private.

Correct, so i don't see any way in which a law would stop abortions.

I think the end result would just be MAYBE one conviction out of every 5 or 10 years. The conviction of course would happen just to punish a mother who already had one.....
.....And, lacked the finances to (legally) defend herself.​

And one must remember that when abortion was banned prosecutions of the women was very rare and almost as rare for any doctor.
"She needed it because of medical emergency"
Add in current HIPPA laws and that will be used all of the time because the medical records are private.

Correct, so i don't see any way in which a law would stop abortions.

I think the end result would just be MAYBE one conviction out of every 5 or 10 years. The conviction of course would happen just to punish a mother who already had one, not actually stop the abortion from happening. Even that's a maybe.

All of the prosecutions would be the poor women. Abortion has always been hush hushed if it was a woman of the upper class of the neighborhood.
That is the norm of the hard core religious right.
Do as I say, not as I do.

haggard-overseer.jpg

Forum List

Back