Would you support anti abortion legislation as long as it included exceptions?

Would you support anti abortion legislation if....

• Total voters
No abortion law stops abortions. How many times do I have to state what will happen if Roe was overturned today?
1. It will go back to the states as states have their own criminal codes.
2. Some states will ban it outright, no exceptions.
3. Some states will ban it with exceptions
4. Some states will allow it with strict guidelines.
5. Some states will allow it with few guidelines.
6. Some states will allow it no matter what up until some date of pregnancy.

So what do we ALWAYS end up with if Roe was overturned?
If a woman with $$$ is pregnant and lives in a state that bans abortion outrightshe simply gets in a car or a plane and goes to a state that allows it and has her abortion.
And poor women that live in that state are forced to have their baby by big government bureaucrats. And this woman most likely will not want the baby and will not have a clue how to raise it.
I oppose abortion but know the Constitution and support it.

No abortion law stops abortions. How many times do I have to state what will happen if Roe was overturned today?

If a woman with $$$ is pregnant and lives in a state that bans abortion outrightshe simply gets in a car or a plane and goes to a state that allows it and has her abortion.
And poor women that live in that state are forced to have their baby by big government bureaucrats. And this woman most likely will not want the baby and will not have a clue how to raise it.

I think more often than not those poor women who don't want to go through pregnancy would just end up either performing the abortion themselves or through a medical loophole at a clinic or on the newly created black market for abortions.

I can't even imagine a way to convict someone for having an abortion either, would seem so easy for a lawyer to either say medically she needed one or that the abortion was an accident.

I didn't respond to the poll because you didn't include enough options. I believe that abortion should be legal in the first six months of pregnancy without restriction. I believe it should be illegal except to protect the mother's health in the final trimester.

"The first six months" ? ? ? ?
At any time, it's the murder of a human being.
.....So, buy yourself a room-full o' cribs, and.....

I think more often than not those poor women who don't want to go through pregnancy would just end up either performing the abortion themselves or through a medical loophole at a clinic or on the newly created black market for abortions.

I can't even imagine a way to convict someone for having an abortion either, would seem so easy for a lawyer to either say medically she needed one or that the abortion was an accident.

And one must remember that when abortion was banned prosecutions of the women was very rare and almost as rare for any doctor.
"She needed it because of medical emergency"
Add in current HIPPA laws and that will be used all of the time because the medical records are private.

I didn't respond to the poll because you didn't include enough options. I believe that abortion should be legal in the first six months of pregnancy without restriction. I believe it should be illegal except to protect the mother's health in the final trimester.

At any time, it's the murder of a human being. At 6 months THIS is what a fetus looks like...

Fetal development - 6 months

Take a look - it's close to fully developed!

I'm not a female but I just don't understand why they don't opt for adoption instead of death. I just don't get it.
I'm very thankful I was born, male......'cause there's NO WAY, IN HELL I'd have the patience for 9 MONTHS of pregnancy!!!

BOTH of these quandaries are reason, ENOUGH, for men to WITHHOLD any-and-all consideration/input on the subject.....even if they consider themselves Clerics (of some kind).

I view this subject the same way I do Catholic-priests instructing couples on issues-of-marriage.
300.gif

Another analogy (in my mind) would be the issue of states' helmet-laws:

Let those that (actually) RIDE, DECIDE!!!

And one must remember that when abortion was banned prosecutions of the women was very rare and almost as rare for any doctor.
Add in current HIPPA laws and that will be used all of the time because the medical records are private.

Correct, so i don't see any way in which a law would stop abortions.

I think the end result would just be MAYBE one conviction out of every 5 or 10 years. The conviction of course would happen just to punish a mother who already had one, not actually stop the abortion from happening. Even that's a maybe.

At any time, it's the murder of a human being. At 6 months THIS is what a fetus looks like...

Fetal development - 6 months

Take a look - it's close to fully developed!

I'm not a female but I just don't understand why they don't opt for adoption instead of death. I just don't get it.

Don't know what to tell you, dude. I'm a woman, and I don't really get it.
In-other-words, you've never (personally) been in a situation where abortion was a consideration.

In my mind, that'd make your opinion moot.​

Correct, so i don't see any way in which a law would stop abortions.

I think the end result would just be MAYBE one conviction out of every 5 or 10 years. The conviction of course would happen just to punish a mother who already had one, not actually stop the abortion from happening. Even that's a maybe.

All of the prosecutions would be the poor women. Abortion has always been hush hushed if it was a woman of the upper class of the neighborhood.
That is the norm of the hard core religous right.
Do as I say, not as I do.

Forum List

Back