Would you support a national registry for animal abusers?

K9Buck

Platinum Member
Dec 25, 2009
I definitely would. I presume most of you would too. Is there anyone that would oppose it? Also, do any of you know of a legislator that might be willing to sponsor such a bill? Thanks.

I would support such a registry. And I would support more of a crime than a misdemeanor of such actions.

Absolutely.

I think we also need a federal register of people who:

1) look bad in a swim suit
2) have sweaty feet
3) fart in elevators
4) leave the lid up
5) carry more than $5 on their person

Give me a break. Leave the government out of our private lives.

If a person abuses an animal, hang his ass. Send him to jail. Shoot him, I don't care. Enforce the damn laws.

But this "big brother" approach to everything is simply silly.

• Banned

Those who abuse animals get a slap on the wrist. A registry would allow the rest of us to know who these dirt bags are. I will add that, people who are sick enough to abuse animals are also prone to rape and murder humans.

A registry is necessary to keep abusers from acquiring any animals. That's why we need a registry.

No, because once you start that liberal trendy bs idea then it gets tacked onto anything else a democratic froot loop can dream up.

First it's perverts cause nobody gives a damn
then it's animals ( which I don't deny it could be a good thing) but the problem is what I mentioned.
Next they will do it for lets say you didn't pay a bill
Next it will be you check accidentally bounced lets tell the world.

Use logic

Those who abuse animals get a slap on the wrist. A registry would allow the rest of us to know who these dirt bags are. I will add that, people who are sick enough to abuse animals are also prone to rape and murder humans.

No --- a registry is another government characterization of our personal lives. When we see a registry of married couples who practice sodomy, or a registry of children who take white bread sandwiches to school (clearly, closet racists), then we should consider it.

Make a law - turn them in - and get them punished. You say the get a "slap on the wrist". So, fix the damn law. Make it hurt. Are you going to be the one who decides who goes into the registry and who doesn't? The government already knows every man, woman, and child who has been prosecuted for animal cruelty. Why do we need to tell them again?

Maybe a little vigilante justice would go a long way ....

State laws are
Pretty adequate around
40 days out from an election libs will accuse cons os animal abuse
Ya know like a deer hunt or the like

No, because once you start that liberal trendy bs idea then it gets tacked onto anything else a democratic froot loop can dream up.

then it's animals ( which I don't deny it could be a good thing) but the problem is what I mentioned.

Use logic

There is a bounced check registry. What Happens if You Write Bad Checks?

There is an eviction registry Tenant Screening | Landlord Credit Check and Background Check

There is a child support registry Federal Case Registry

There are probably hundreds more. Yes, have an animal abuser registry. All the shelters, humane societies and rescue agencies as well as on line access should be able to consult a registry.

Use logic

There is a bounced check registry. What Happens if You Write Bad Checks?

There is an eviction registry Tenant Screening | Landlord Credit Check and Background Check

There is a child support registry Federal Case Registry

There are probably hundreds more. Yes, have an animal abuser registry. All the shelters, humane societies and rescue agencies as well as on line access should be able to consult a registry.
Ok --- so pass a law that requires that your local police department notify local shelters, humane societies, and rescue agencies when they convict an animal abuser.

Let's see --- 3 people per police department to monitor and maintain the "animal abuser registry" -- just how many police departments are there in the US?

Then, next week, liberals decide that, since there is a link between animal abuse and other crimes, all people convicted of animal abuse should be subject to an additional "abuser tax", put on the no-fly list, and be prevented from living with in 500 miles of the nearest school.

The danger of government lists is that everybody on it is presumed to be the same .... and subject to the same punishment, no matter how heinous, or how trivial, their crime might be. .

I'm just glad I am not totally rich cuz if I were...I would be on an airplane to india fixing to burn down a village.

Animal abuse is a sign of a troubled/sick mind. I would support a registry for anyone who has a history of doing that.

Last edited:
Anyway...so far, this thread has not shown pics or talked in detail about abuses but I am afraid it could turn to that and it will freak me out. So...I responded to the question, but now I have to leave the thread..just in case.

Forum List

Back