Would you support a Candidate Min Discloser Law.

Would you support a Candidate Minimum Discloser law.

• Yes

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Need more Details.

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
Ok, So we hear a lot about how Romney should Release More Tax Info, and Obama never released his College Records.

So my question is simple.

would you support the general idea (details to be worked out) on a Law that Requires Candidates to Release a min number of Years of Tax Returns, As well as all School Grades?

No.

It's the right to privacy.

anyone that truly thinks differently is fucked in the head.

Invasion of Privacy? They are applying to be president of the United states for Christ Sake.

Do you argue Invasion of Privacy when a employer asks you for your Grades on an Application?

If you want Privacy don't run for President.

If your employer asked for your tax returns would you hand them over?
Yes, if my employer were federal, state or local government; and I was running for elected office where the citizens paid my salary with tax monies.

Funny, I bet your city council, your mayor, your state government reps, your governor, and your congress critters didn't.

Really what is the min? So far Romney has released only 1 year.

All candidates for federal office are required to file disclosures with the FEC regarding their personal fiances.

True. In regard to campaign expenditures and donations.

Once elected, then disclosures are to be filed with the FEC regarding personal finances, income, gifts, etc.

No, they are required to file a disclosure about their personal fiances. This is so the government can look over their shoulder and make sure they do not own stock in a company they are directly working on legislation for.

At least, that is the theory.

If I thought something would ever satisfy the insanity of the right I would probably say yes. Do we really want the right calling for a release of Obama's pre-school grades? Do we want the rights demanding we find out Obama's DVD rentals for the past 5 years? Do we want the right demanding full disclosure from Obama's children as to what fairy tales he reads them at night?

Personally I feel that we should be able to poke around in their lives to find out what they have done. If an employer can access my credit history and my facebook page then i think we should be able to look a lot deeper into all the candidates. I don't think it will solve much in regards to the calls for more information. The right cannot even accept Obama's legitimate Birth certificate, why would they accept that his grades from college were honest?

Take Obama out of it, Say it's after obama. Would you support it. It's not about this one Election, or this one president.

DVD rentals? um, No that is why we should put the Requirements down on paper in a law, so we have standards everyone Releases, I doubt DVD rentals would make it into the law. lol

I really think it is crazy we don't have some sort of Minimum Standards of Discloser For Potential Candidates.

I say a Min of 10 Years of tax Returns, and at a min their basic Grades from High school and if applicable College should be required.

Don't see how anything before High school and College would be needed really.

Perhaps a good thing that could come from this Horrible Partisan Back and forth we have, Could be some Standards. Regardless of how you feel about Either Obama or Romney this fight has put the spotlight on the fact that we really don't have any Standards that we require of Candidates.

I do support it. You make a choice to be president, and part of that choice should be losing all privacy for those years.yes you should have to show us your entire life so we can understand you better. You of course referring to the candidate.

And I did not say I did not support it because of Obama, I just said the nothing would be good enough for the right where he is concerned, but it certainly sounds correct. You may find that I do not follow dems ideas blindly. I have my ideas of what is right, and a lot of times they clash with the dems, but the tends to clash with republicans worse.

Can we set up a webcam in Obama's bedroom?

think-before-you-post.png

What difference would a law make to someone as lawless as Obama, with the media running interference for him 24/7/365?

Forum List

Back