Would you support a 50% cut in Welfare to help the Economy?

4Horsemen

Oct 9, 2012
I hear the peanut gallery chirping about "taxing the rich" all damn day long. just echoing Obama spin talk.

But what about cutting funding on Welfare by 50% to help boost the Economy? would any of you support that?

Or what about limiting Welfare benefits to only those that show proof that they are unable to work for a time being. (ie-just got outta the hospital, car accident/injury, etc...)

Because if the lazy squatter assholes on welfare don't get of their asses soon, we're all gonna eat it..

Damn taxing the rich. get more bodies in the workforce, problem solved. why all the lazy talk and "I can't do"..???

Whatever happen to YES WE CAN your Dear leader preached 24/7 ????

I hear the peanut gallery chirping about "taxing the rich" all damn day long. just echoing Obama spin talk.

But what about cutting funding on Welfare by 50% to help boost the Economy? would any of you support that?

Or what about limiting Welfare benefits to only those that show proof that they are unable to work for a time being. (ie-just got outta the hospital, car accident/injury, etc...)

Because if the lazy squatter assholes on welfare don't get of their asses soon, we're all gonna eat it..

Damn taxing the rich. get more bodies in the workforce, problem solved. why all the lazy talk and "I can't do"..???

You know, about 70% of that 47% Romney bitches about are Republian white males. This rural county is full of them. They are overweight, older, and generally on some form of disability. Or, they are "farmers" that live quite well from government subsidy checks.

As a liberal, I am good with eliminating "welfare" because it only serves to perpetuate a brutal, heartless, primitive capitalist economic system. Let's rip the scab off and fix the wound.

JOBS! even for the rich! Let EVERYONE earn their way.

You know, about 70% of that 47% Romney bitches about are Republian white males. This rural county is full of them. They are overweight, older, and generally on some form of disability. Or, they are "farmers" that live quite well from government subsidy checks.

As a liberal, I am good with eliminating "welfare" because it only serves to perpetuate a brutal, heartless, primitive capitalist economic system. Let's rip the scab off and fix the wound.

A squatting loser asshole is a Squatting loser asshole no matter what color they are. :clap2:

Majority of Welfare recipients are poor whites anyway. so they can't say shit but get off they ass and get to work!

I know guys who manage big macro hedge funds. To a tee, not one single one of them believes cutting government spending will help the economy in the near. Every single one of them believes big government cuts will contract the economy in the near term, probably pushing the country into a recession if the cuts are deep enough. Most, however, believe spending must be cut to help the economy in the long run. They also believe taxes have to go up.

Last edited:

Sure, I'm good with that.
While we are at it, 50% on all other on the books/off the books spending as well.

I know guys who manage big macro hedge funds. To a tee, not one single one of them believes cutting government spending will help the economy in the near. Every single one of them believes big government cuts will contract the economy in the near term, probably pushing the country into a recession if the cuts are deep enough. Most, however, believe spending must be cut to help the economy in the long run. They also believe taxes have to go up.
A good hard and short recession to clear out the bad and allow for the good to spring up.

There is fast becoming less and less of us producers aka American workers who pay their own way and have all their life.

How many people are actually on the tax rolls these days? How many takers and how many givers? I am personally getting sick of being squeezed played by both the rich and the poor.

No, you're full of shit. The majority of welfare recipients are children, and their single parents. Mostly women.

Mostly in the cities.

Not a chance. A 50% cut in any major spending category right now would tank the economy due to the fall in effective demand. Hell a cut of 50% in defense spending wouldn't get my vote right now, no matter how good a long term idea it was.

Nope again. Add over 65, children in school, and working poor and I might bite. They recieve about 91% of benefits.

How about we just return to the tax structure we had under Ike when we built the Interstate Highway system, faced down the Commies, and had some of the highest growth rates in our history?

Sure, I'm good with that.
While we are at it, 50% on all other on the books/off the books spending as well.

I agree. all the Pork Belly spending buying golden toilet seats and platinum coffins for the deceased is a gotdamn shame.

A good hard and short recession to clear out the bad and allow for the good to spring up.
Andrew Mellon called this theory "liquidationism" and as Hoover's Secretary of the Treasury he held fast to it ti the day he left office. See how well it worked for him?

Not a chance. A 50% cut in any major spending category right now would tank the economy due to the fall in effective demand. Hell a cut of 50% in defense spending wouldn't get my vote right now, no matter how good a long term idea it was.

Nope again. Add over 65, children in school, and working poor and I might bite. They recieve about 91% of benefits.

Of course. I was speaking in general but all the tweeks needed to make the cuts. bring em on. but a cut on Welfare might be better than a cut on Defense right now given the Middle East climate Obama created that's acting like a hornets nest right now.

How about we just return to the tax structure we had under Ike when we built the Interstate Highway system, faced down the Commies, and had some of the highest growth rates in our history?

You got my vote. you be President and I'll be VP. We'll run this fuckin' country the way it should be!!...lol

Would you support a 50% cut in Welfare to help the Economy?
Kind of like asking if I wanted to help the economy would I be willing to kill this cat--
surprise.jpg

It may be a cheap way of making a bogus point, but serious real life for adults doesn't work that way. It's more a matter of measuring alternatives, risks and benefits. We got more ways to 'help the economy' than making half the poor starve.

There is fast becoming less and less of us producers aka American workers who pay their own way and have all their life.

How many people are actually on the tax rolls these days? How many takers and how many givers? I am personally getting sick of being squeezed played by both the rich and the poor.

Damn good point. It's a scary ass thought to know it's hundreds if not thousands of Americans that actually CHOOSE not to work. I guess the "YES WE CAN" was a flash in the pan.

This is the damage an Obama Presidency can do. and people want 4 more years of this lazy ass gimme gimme "You didn't make that", bullshit?

I swear the next motherfucker come close to me talking about voting for Obama
...POW!...RIGHT IN THE FUCKIN KISSER!!!:mad:

Percent of recipients who are white38.8
Percentage of recipients who are black: 39.8

How are these numbers even accurate when Black people only make up 13% of the population?

You musta forgot to add all the Asians and Hindus on welfare too huh?

:clap2:

would i support a 50% cut.....
only if they are trying to cut other things that much.

oh.... there are many things i would want to put limits on in order to qualify for welfare.

I know guys who manage big macro hedge funds. To a tee, not one single one of them believes cutting government spending will help the economy in the near.

if we had cut spending 4 years ago in the long term (now) we would have had a solid economic foundation now!!

Do you know when the best time to plant a tree is??? 20 years ago!! Do you know when the second best time to plant a tree is?? Today!!!

You are so right!!! Only Jefferson could have said it better!!!

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to grain ground; that the greater the government the stronger the exploiter and the weaker the producer; that , therefore, the hope of liberty depends upon local self-governance and the vigilance of the producer class."-Jefferson

Forum List

Back