Would you stay in a sexless relationship?

It is time to question your recall. :razz:

well, that sucks. :lol:

Perhaps it is someone else whose self-revelation you have in mind.

I am not a feeble old man. But I would not qualify as "young" anymore, in the view of most folks.

well then...sorry 'bout that, chief.

YOU'RE sorry? Imagine how I feel about it?

:)

(If I live to be 100, I'm already on the freakin' down slope. Thankfully, I have immaturity to slow me down!)

It is time to question your recall. :razz:

well, that sucks. :lol:

Perhaps it is someone else whose self-revelation you have in mind.

I am not a feeble old man. But I would not qualify as "young" anymore, in the view of most folks.

well then...sorry 'bout that, chief.

YOU'RE sorry? Imagine how I feel about it?

:)

(If I live to be 100, I'm already on the freakin' down slope. Thankfully, I have immaturity to slow me down!)

lol... well, here's to immaturity. ;)

Sexiness wears thin after a while and beauty fades, but to be married to a man who makes you laugh every day, ah, now that's a real treat.” Joanne Woodward

Sexiness wears thin after a while and beauty fades, but to be married to a man who makes you laugh every day, ah, now that's a real treat.” Joanne Woodward

Are you claiming that Paul Newman lost his sexiness?

And I don't sympathize when people like this end up old, lonely, and bitter.

As opposed to young, lonely, and bitter?

No one is asking for your sympathy or permission. It's just the way it is.

More importantly, marry someone for reasons other than sex, so that you have something real to hold onto if the inevitable changes of life aren't always happy.

It doesn't have to be an either/or situation.

It's one thing is a tragedy happens. It's another thing when you partner just quits trying for no good damned reason whatsoever.

If they are going to ignore their significant other, they deserve what they get.

Yeah, I just have a shell. A shell that's seen me through fourteen years of marriage, two dead parents, multiple serious illnesses, financial difficulties, three children, and a grandchild. Oh, GOD, I should have left him for a REAL marriage based on getting laid more!

First, that was the proverbial "you". I have no idea what your personal situation is, nor do I care. It's your business.

Second, you seem to have a problem grasping the issue. What I, and others are talking about, is a partner that simply refuses to sleep with their spouse at anything that any rational person would consider reasonable.

No one is saying "Leave your spouse if they won't have sex every time you want it", we are saying, if your spouse refuses to honor their end of the relationship, it's a dealbreaker and a person is more than justified to move on.

Oh, please get over yourself and that incessant need to make everything personal. I wasn't talking about your marriage specifically, although since you decided you had to go there because you're either self-absorbed and make everything about you or I hit a nerve and you're defensive and you had to specifically insult my marriage, I guess I'm talking about yours NOW.

I never insulted your marriage.

Believe me, I'm ecstatic that no one in my family is stupid enough to marry someone so shallow. I need a life partner, not just a sex partner.

A life partner is a sex partner. Spouse - sex = roommate.

Forum List

Back