Would you sign a treaty or a trade deal with the United States?

Silly question.

We are the wealthiest, most powerful nation on the planet and the central to the economy of every major nation on the planet. Most nations simply do not have the option of dealing with us, the negative results of doing so are simply not acceptable.
The world is changing. With modern technology, countries are modernizing all over the world. The United States is being left behind. You have a political party here of anti intellectuals that have convinced nearly half the country that the best colleges in the world are bad for America. And now with their moronic anti immigrant policies, kids will come here and learn and then leave. Eventually, the best colleges will become second rate and the new best colleges will be overseas in other countries.
Republicans with their fear of the future, their racism, their anti intellectualism, and their willingness to follow a cult leader will only damage this country will suffer the most. We see it now in the states they control. 150 years of conservative policies have created enormous damage in Alabama, Mississippi and other deeply Red states. They are bastions of ignorance, poverty and racism. Look at Appalachia. What a disaster zone. And Republicans on the USMB try to deflect by bringing up a few square blocks in Chicago or some other Blue State big city totally ignoring the 13 states included in Appalachia.
Well, I wouldn't mind for everyone's sake if the 13% of manufacturing jobs that are overseas employing workers for a couple bucks an hour came back. Maine was hit super hard by that, and don't tell me every textile mill, shirt and shoe manufacturer is in Vietnam or China or Mexico solely for the tax breaks. They are exploiting cheap labor. I wouldn't mind if they came back.
Most of the jobs that have moved overseas have also been automated.
It's all about numbers.
I worked at a company that sold a dozen or so hundred thousand dollar machines a month. The cost of automating something like wouldn't be worth it. Especially with constant design changes, upgrades and custom work. But if you are making a million of something, automation is the way to go. And with the advancements in AI, robots can even make shoes. And learn while doing it.
So why did they move overseas if they were automating anyway?

The US has found Iran is in compliance with the Nuclear Arms deal.

Looks like Trump is going to opt out.

They are in compliance but he is going to opt out.

Would you sign a deal with a man who even stiffed his own workers?

Third lien on Trump hotel brings alleged unpaid bills to over $5 million

Why U.S. Law Makes It Easy for Donald Trump To Stiff Contractors

Donald Trump is able to stiff so many people because the American Economic system of capitalism relies on "good faith".

Good Faith is a laughable concept to Donald Trump.

Forum List

Back