Would you sign a treaty or a trade deal with the United States?

Nobody trusts Trump to stand by his word

Our trade deficit is running at over 500 billion dollars a year.

We have exported the jobs that were the back bone of the American Middle Class.

no way you can spin this for dear leader. ever.

Fact Checker
How many Trump products were made overseas? Here’s the complete list.
By Michelle Ye Hee Lee August 26, 2016

[..]

We searched for sources of Trump products through publicly available data, including online retail stores and public data of shipments at U.S. ports from 2007 through Aug. 17, 2016, gathered by the private company ImportGenius.com. The data shows the last port of shipment before entering the United States (meaning Mexico is not included) and specifies the manufactured location for certain items. (Thanks to Kim Soffen, graphics reporter at The Washington Post, who worked with us to analyze the imports database. Check out her analysis of a decade of Trump’s imports.)

The Facts

Trump apparel
The Donald J. Trump Collection includes ties, suits, dress shirts, eyeglasses and other accessories.
[...]
Trump home items
Trump Home has a range of items, including chandeliers, mirrors, bedding, table lamps, cabinets, sofas, barstools, cocktail tables and more.
[...]
Trump hotel items
Trump beverages
[...]
As our inventory shows, manufacturing is a global process. Components of a product of an American company are made in different parts of the world, depending on who offers the most competitive prices, and ultimately imported into the country to be sold to American consumers. It’s not as simple as deciding not to eat an Oreo because Nabisco found a cheaper place to employ some of its workers.

Trump’s practice as a businessman is not consistent with his current rhetoric against trade as a presidential nominee — this vulnerability is backed with more than enough factual evidence. If Trump brand customers took the same stance against his products as he did against Nabisco, it is clear they would be left with few Trump items to buy. However, we do know of at least four Trump products made in the United States: “Make America Great Again” hats, bedding, water and cologne.

(About our rating scale)

So, how is that relevant to me wanting those jobs back for the American Middle Class, pinhead?
What jobs are you even talking about dunce?

87% of lost manufacturing jobs were automated. They are never coming back. Not ever.
Jobs in Mexico and China are being automated. The few jobs that went to those places are never coming back.

In the last couple of decades, manufacturing has doubled in this country as millions of workers have been laid off. They were laid off because their jobs were taken over by automation. Our economy isn't based on bedding and cologne. The high end goods that make the foundation of the economy aren't based on frills and crap bearing the Trump brand.

Silly question.

We are the wealthiest, most powerful nation on the planet and the central to the economy of every major nation on the planet. Most nations simply do not have the option of dealing with us, the negative results of doing so are simply not acceptable.
The world is changing. With modern technology, countries are modernizing all over the world. The United States is being left behind. You have a political party here of anti intellectuals that have convinced nearly half the country that the best colleges in the world are bad for America. And now with their moronic anti immigrant policies, kids will come here and learn and then leave. Eventually, the best colleges will become second rate and the new best colleges will be overseas in other countries.
Republicans with their fear of the future, their racism, their anti intellectualism, and their willingness to follow a cult leader will only damage this country will suffer the most. We see it now in the states they control. 150 years of conservative policies have created enormous damage in Alabama, Mississippi and other deeply Red states. They are bastions of ignorance, poverty and racism. Look at Appalachia. What a disaster zone. And Republicans on the USMB try to deflect by bringing up a few square blocks in Chicago or some other Blue State big city totally ignoring the 13 states included in Appalachia.

Fact Checker

[..]

We searched for sources of Trump products through publicly available data, including online retail stores and public data of shipments at U.S. ports from 2007 through Aug. 17, 2016, gathered by the private company ImportGenius.com. The data shows the last port of shipment before entering the United States (meaning Mexico is not included) and specifies the manufactured location for certain items. (Thanks to Kim Soffen, graphics reporter at The Washington Post, who worked with us to analyze the imports database. Check out her analysis of a decade of Trump’s imports.)

The Facts

Trump apparel
The Donald J. Trump Collection includes ties, suits, dress shirts, eyeglasses and other accessories.
[...]
Trump home items
Trump Home has a range of items, including chandeliers, mirrors, bedding, table lamps, cabinets, sofas, barstools, cocktail tables and more.
[...]
Trump hotel items
Trump beverages
[...]
As our inventory shows, manufacturing is a global process. Components of a product of an American company are made in different parts of the world, depending on who offers the most competitive prices, and ultimately imported into the country to be sold to American consumers. It’s not as simple as deciding not to eat an Oreo because Nabisco found a cheaper place to employ some of its workers.

Trump’s practice as a businessman is not consistent with his current rhetoric against trade as a presidential nominee — this vulnerability is backed with more than enough factual evidence. If Trump brand customers took the same stance against his products as he did against Nabisco, it is clear they would be left with few Trump items to buy. However, we do know of at least four Trump products made in the United States: “Make America Great Again” hats, bedding, water and cologne.

(About our rating scale)

So, how is that relevant to me wanting those jobs back for the American Middle Class, pinhead?

you wanting those jobs back & believing the vile creature you adore actually bringing them back is astounding. ain't never gonna happen cartoon boy.

& there's your proof right there.

The question is, if you were a foreign power, would you sign an agreement with this country while Trump is president?

Remember his history.

I would not. I would hope that he was a fluke and that after he was gone, that America would go back to Presidents who were happy to have America be the world's bitch on trade.

like the bitch he was on the phone with mexico's prez about paying for that wallllllllllllllllllllllllllllll?

Trump has added to the trade deficit in his own business

Are you accusing him of being a hypocrite?
Do as I say, not as I do

What the fuck is wrong with you, that you can't answer a simple question, clearly?

ARE YOU ACCUSING HIM OF BEING A HYPOCRITE?

that would be a yes. & it's not really an accusation as much as it is a fact.

I'm amused by the concept that Trump for some reason needs to "honor" the very same trade deals and treaties of Obama that he ran for office on repealing. Just because your predecessor was naive and signed some idiotic deals doesn't mean we're locked into those deals forever! Part of the reason the voters put Trump into office was to get rid of those bad deals.
When is Donnie Dealmaker going to negotiate something better?

He talks about how bad existing deals are....yet haven't seen him even attempt a negotiation

donny dealmaker .......... i like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Fact Checker

[..]

The Facts

Trump apparel
[...]
Trump home items
[...]
Trump hotel items
Trump beverages
[...]

(About our rating scale)

What jobs are you even talking about dunce?

87% of lost manufacturing jobs were automated. They are never coming back. Not ever.
Jobs in Mexico and China are being automated. The few jobs that went to those places are never coming back.

In the last couple of decades, manufacturing has doubled in this country as millions of workers have been laid off. They were laid off because their jobs were taken over by automation. Our economy isn't based on bedding and cologne. The high end goods that make the foundation of the economy aren't based on frills and crap bearing the Trump brand.

& china is becoming the leading green energy manufacturer. they are heading for no more new power plants & gas run cars within a few years... while pruitt's EPA is gonna lift protections from power plants. yea. & that's also gonna stay competitive with the rest of the world too.

president moron has let the world know that our 'word' is worth nothing.
I agree, after Obama's line in the sand backtrack over Syria.

America looked weak and emasculated to the rest of the world. ..... :cool:

yep- that was a bone headed move. but that doesn't equate to reneging signed contracts. even you should know that.

Like what happened to the Native Americans in Black Hills when gold was discovered?

wrong is wrong.... right? how does that excuse what is happening now? wow........... straw man much?

The point is I wouldn’t trust the current administration anymore than I would trust previous administrations. This country has a long history violating agreements. This administration is no different than others in that regard. The US looks out for its own best interests.

The question is, if you were a foreign power, would you sign an agreement with this country while Trump is president?

Remember his history.

No, you remember US history. The US looks out for the US, just as any country would. Right or wrong, that has been the norm for centuries.

Remember his history.

I would not. I would hope that he was a fluke and that after he was gone, that America would go back to Presidents who were happy to have America be the world's bitch on trade.

like the bitch he was on the phone with mexico's prez about paying for that wallllllllllllllllllllllllllllll?

I made a point. YOu post did not address it.

Because you know that I am right.

My answer to the op.

Fact Checker

[..]

The Facts

Trump apparel
[...]
Trump home items
[...]
Trump hotel items
Trump beverages
[...]

(About our rating scale)

you wanting those jobs back & believing the vile creature you adore actually bringing them back is astounding. ain't never gonna happen cartoon boy.

That he, as a business man, outsourced, is not "proof" that he will not do something different now that he has a different job.

That you thought it was in astounding.

Have you never seen people change jobs before?

When I was younger, I used to deliver pizzas.

Now that I have a different job, I don't do that any more. Because I get paid to do different stuff.

Are you following me?

Trump has added to the trade deficit in his own business

Are you accusing him of being a hypocrite?
Do as I say, not as I do

What the fuck is wrong with you, that you can't answer a simple question, clearly?

ARE YOU ACCUSING HIM OF BEING A HYPOCRITE?

that would be a yes. & it's not really an accusation as much as it is a fact.

I was talking to rightwinger in this post. It is up to him to be clear. I'm tried of lefties jerk saying something than trying to wiggle out of it.

You'll get plenty, don't worry.

Remember his history.

No, you remember US history. The US looks out for the US, just as any country would. Right or wrong, that has been the norm for centuries.

Visit the RUst Belt. We have NOT been looking out for our best interests. We have been the World's Bitch on Trade.

We need to START looking out for US.

Fact Checker

[..]

The Facts

Trump apparel
[...]
Trump home items
[...]
Trump hotel items
Trump beverages
[...]

(About our rating scale)

That he, as a business man, outsourced, is not "proof" that he will not do something different now that he has a different job.

That you thought it was in astounding.

Have you never seen people change jobs before?

When I was younger, I used to deliver pizzas.

Now that I have a different job, I don't do that any more. Because I get paid to do different stuff.

Are you following me?
Is what you are doing harder than delivering pizza?

Trump wants to end every trade and every treaty signed by the US.

France, Germany and Great Britain say there is no evidence Iran is violating their nuclear agreement. Only Trump says they are.

Nothing to replace Obamacare.

Nothing to replace trade agreements with our closest neighbors.

And remember:

The small business owners Trump never fully paid - CNNPolitics

After years of fighting through bankruptcy court, the Jenkins ended up with just 30 cents on the dollar. Their company was owed $231,000, according to the bankruptcy claim filed in the case. The Jenkins family received $70,000.
"It's 27 years later. I grit my teeth every time I see him on television blustering about what a wonderful businessman he is."
The Jenkins family realized they weren't alone. Dozens of contractors who had worked on the construction were also getting stiffed.

-------------------------

His entire history is breaking deals and contracts. If you were a foreign leaders, would you trust him on anything?
How the miserable death of Moammar Gadhafi factors into Kim Jong Un's nuclear ambitions

France, Germany and Great Britain say there is no evidence Iran is violating their nuclear agreement. Only Trump says they are.

And remember:

After years of fighting through bankruptcy court, the Jenkins ended up with just 30 cents on the dollar. Their company was owed $231,000, according to the bankruptcy claim filed in the case. The Jenkins family received $70,000.
"It's 27 years later. I grit my teeth every time I see him on television blustering about what a wonderful businessman he is."
The Jenkins family realized they weren't alone. Dozens of contractors who had worked on the construction were also getting stiffed.

His entire history is breaking deals and contracts. If you were a foreign leaders, would you trust him on anything?
Breaking the Iran deal is not him "breaking" his own deals and contracts. The Right vehemently opposed the Iran deal to begin with. Now that someone has the reins to change that, why is it surprising? Is a new President obligated to stick with deals he opposes just for the sake of continuity?
I think it will be stupid (and therefore expected) to pull out of the deal, but it's not breaking his own word. Nor was the Paris Agreement. NAFTA, here we come. He's good at breaking the deals he doesn't like--lets see how he does with his promise to make a "better one." I've not seen that part, yet.

Silly question.

We are the wealthiest, most powerful nation on the planet and the central to the economy of every major nation on the planet. Most nations simply do not have the option of dealing with us, the negative results of doing so are simply not acceptable.
The world is changing. With modern technology, countries are modernizing all over the world. The United States is being left behind. You have a political party here of anti intellectuals that have convinced nearly half the country that the best colleges in the world are bad for America. And now with their moronic anti immigrant policies, kids will come here and learn and then leave. Eventually, the best colleges will become second rate and the new best colleges will be overseas in other countries.
Republicans with their fear of the future, their racism, their anti intellectualism, and their willingness to follow a cult leader will only damage this country will suffer the most. We see it now in the states they control. 150 years of conservative policies have created enormous damage in Alabama, Mississippi and other deeply Red states. They are bastions of ignorance, poverty and racism. Look at Appalachia. What a disaster zone. And Republicans on the USMB try to deflect by bringing up a few square blocks in Chicago or some other Blue State big city totally ignoring the 13 states included in Appalachia.
Well, I wouldn't mind for everyone's sake if the 13% of manufacturing jobs that are overseas employing workers for a couple bucks an hour came back. Maine was hit super hard by that, and don't tell me every textile mill, shirt and shoe manufacturer is in Vietnam or China or Mexico solely for the tax breaks. They are exploiting cheap labor. I wouldn't mind if they came back.

And remember:

Breaking the Iran deal is not him "breaking" his own deals and contracts. The Right vehemently opposed the Iran deal to begin with. Now that someone has the reins to change that, why is it surprising? Is a new President obligated to stick with deals he opposes just for the sake of continuity?
I think it will be stupid (and therefore expected) to pull out of the deal, but it's not breaking his own word. Nor was the Paris Agreement. NAFTA, here we come. He's good at breaking the deals he doesn't like--lets see how he does with his promise to make a "better one." I've not seen that part, yet.
Very good point.

Silly question.

Well, I wouldn't mind for everyone's sake if the 13% of manufacturing jobs that are overseas employing workers for a couple bucks an hour came back. Maine was hit super hard by that, and don't tell me every textile mill, shirt and shoe manufacturer is in Vietnam or China or Mexico solely for the tax breaks. They are exploiting cheap labor. I wouldn't mind if they came back.
Most of the jobs that have moved overseas have also been automated.
It's all about numbers.
I worked at a company that sold a dozen or so hundred thousand dollar machines a month. The cost of automating something like wouldn't be worth it. Especially with constant design changes, upgrades and custom work. But if you are making a million of something, automation is the way to go. And with the advancements in AI, robots can even make shoes. And learn while doing it.

Silly question.

We all get it dean, you hate the republicans. Your rant is pointless and has nothing to do with the thread or point whatsoever.

Forum List

Back