Would You Shoot An Albino Deer?

Would you shoot an albino deer?

• Yes. Without hesitation under any circumstances.

• Never! They're extremely unique and should be left alone.

• I might under certain circumstances. I lean towards "yes."

• If it were totally necessary but I lean towards "no."

• Other response.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't believe in trophy or sport hunting. Only when you need to survive is hunting ever justifiable, otherwise let your fellow creature live. As for proof in seeing such an animal stated in the OP, you can take pictures and not do any harm.

Than you have no idea about starving deer.
Hunting for a trophy is a good thing? Eat what you kill.
Agreed. I do. And unlike the old days if I don't bag a deer it does not mean my survival. But in any case we are talking about shooting something that would probably not survive anyway. Meat is meat.

I don't believe in trophy or sport hunting. Only when you need to survive is hunting ever justifiable, otherwise let your fellow creature live. As for proof in seeing such an animal stated in the OP, you can take pictures and not do any harm.

That it's killed as a trophy doesn't mean it isn't also eaten. The parts that are kept as trophys are not the same parts that are eaten....unles you have an antler soup handy.

With animals, you really can have your cake and eat it too.

That it's killed as a trophy doesn't mean it isn't also eaten. The parts that are kept as trophys are not the same parts that are eaten....unles you have an antler soup handy.

oh brother, not every hunter eats what they kill stop being stupid.

You got caught being less than intelligent and are now embarrassed. It's ok, but you need to understand that you will often get called on your error when you make emotional outbursts like that. Truly, there is no place for emotion in politics.

Of course. But you cant eat the head,might as well have it mounted.

Most responsible hunters will either eat what they kill or have it butchered and give it all so someone who will. I completely against the idea of shooting a game animal then just taking its head while leaving the rest. But even then, may forest animals would benefit from the kill and the food provided by it.

When it comes to hunting I'd only do it for food. A friend of the family routinely gifts us with dear steaks and ribs, which are excellent on the grill. My mother has also used it to make venison chili, or cooks it in the slowcooker for well over 24 hours until melt-off-the-bone tender. I prefer venison sausage with crackers and sharp hand-crafted cheese.

An 11 year old boy shot an albino deer recently using a crossbow. Although I can understand why a boy his age would be super excited to bag a deer I'm a bit torn over whether I would personally shoot an albino deer or not. If bagging a deer was my only means at putting food on the table then I would likely kill it without hesitation but if I was just on a recreational hunt I don't think I would. Only about 1 in every 20,000 deer is born is albino.

What's your opinion?

Albino Deer: Kill Them or Leave Them?
635494019010310024-Albino-Deer.jpg

A rare albino deer was taken by 11-year-old Gavin Dingman in the state of Michigan. He shot the deer with a crossbow on hunting trip with his father and is receiving a mixed response across social media outlets.
Albino Deer Kill Them Or Leave Them

Based on the rack, he was justified.

I would have passed on the rack, but, maybe not.

We don't have them here; I have seen the occasional piebald deer.

I wouldn't shoot an albino doe or small buck, but that one would tempt me probably.

Most responsible hunters will either eat what they kill or have it butchered and give it all so someone who will. I completely against the idea of shooting a game animal then just taking its head while leaving the rest. But even then, may forest animals would benefit from the kill and the food provided by it.
It is against the law in most places to leave a deer and just take the head.

Comes under wanton waste game laws that vary with different states and areas.

I can tell you this, if you were shooting many around here, and leaving the carcass with the horns or head missing, sooner or later you would get your ass beat out in the woods by a gang of angry other hunters.

When I dehorn on in the woods, it is only after butchering out and packing out the deer.

Any other hunter stumbling upon a kill site deep in the woods will see the deer was gutted and dressed, and the meat is gone with the horns.

Ain't getting MY ass whupped over a fuckin' deer.

When it comes to hunting I'd only do it for food. A friend of the family routinely gifts us with dear steaks and ribs, which are excellent on the grill. My mother has also used it to make venison chili, or cooks it in the slowcooker for well over 24 hours until melt-off-the-bone tender. I prefer venison sausage with crackers and sharp hand-crafted cheese.
I can eat prime beef a Hell of a lot cheaper than I can kill deer.

I burn much more gas during deer season, plant food plots, buy stands, etc.

Deer hunting keeps me broke!!!

; - )

Hell, I usually don't even shoot them, just get a kick out of letting them know I could have.

I've heard how obtaining deer meat can be very pricey. Someone said it costs around $200 to get a lb of deer meat. For now I'd like to try hunting wild turkey, since gangs of them are developing in our area.

I've heard how obtaining deer meat can be very pricey. Someone said it costs around $200 to get a lb of deer meat. For now I'd like to try hunting wild turkey, since gangs of them are developing in our area.
Great eating, and easy to kill in sem-suburban setting when they are half tame.

You'd starve to death trying to live on free range NFS birds.

Not live on. Enjoy. :p
Very good eating.

I see them all the time, except in turkey season.

Nothing like coming out of the woods at dark, deep in huge pines, and having a couple of gobblers explode out of the trees over your head!!!!

; - )

Hell, I usually don't even shoot them, just get a kick out of letting them know I could have.

The last few times I've hunted deer I've had the opportunity to shoot a small buck but simply watched them fidget nervously as they avoided getting shot. I was satisfied in the knowledge that I could have bagged a deer if I had made the effort. I haven't been hunting in recent years but if I d0 go again I'll be on the hunt for a trophy rack (while keeping the meat). As it stands, I have plenty of food in the frig and freezer and I'm just not too interested in all the work that goes into shooting wild game. Dragging, gutting, skinning, etc. can be taxing.

; - )

The last few times I've hunted deer I've had the opportunity to shoot a small buck but simply watched them fidget nervously as they avoided getting shot. I was satisfied in the knowledge that I could have bagged a deer if I had made the effort. I haven't been hunting in recent years but if I d0 go again I'll be on the hunt for a trophy rack (while keeping the meat). As it stands, I have plenty of food in the frig and freezer and I'm just not too interested in all the work that goes into shooting wild game. Dragging, gutting, skinning, etc. can be taxing.

The only time I'll shoot a buck is if it has a better rack than the one already on the wall.
Other than that it's a doe.

Don't see how unless they carry their shells in a Louis Vuitton handbag. I could kill one for the cost of a slug on almost any morning.

Wild turkey isn't good eating no matter how you cook them. Let them be.

Don't see how unless they carry their shells in a Louis Vuitton handbag. I could kill one for the cost of a slug on almost any morning.

The cost of everything involved in hunting is factored in, from guns and equipment to papers and traveling.

I'd like to see for myself, frankly. I've been told it has a gamier taste to it, which I don't mind. :D

The cost of everything involved in hunting is factored in, from guns and equipment to papers and traveling.

I'd like to see for myself, frankly. I've been told it has a gamier taste to it, which I don't mind. :D

You will kill it for nothing. The meat is stringy and tough. It would be like eating shredded beef jerky in texture. If you want to eat a wild bird, go for a pot of dove.

Forum List

Back