Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Maybe/Not Sure

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Most Probably NOT

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Definitely NOT

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
I simply take promises seriously. I made a promise to be with this one lady, until we were separated by death. Because of that promise I would not remarry if we divorced. I can't imagine the situation in which it would happen even.

If she died, it wouldn't be the promise that kept me from marrying it would be the kids. They deserve to not have somebody thrust upon them late in life. Especially the eldest who came to our family through such difficult experience. I would wait until they were of age before introducing such a relationship.

Joz said:
As a Christian I did not believe in divorce. It wasn't suppose to happen. I was to grow old with my husband. But it did happen; after 21 years. The last six were spent in trying to make it work. I still grieve the demise of my marriage. Not that speculation does any good because the past is just that. And even God can't change it. But I'm sorry to say the word, divorce.

I don't think anyone gets married expecting or wanting to get divorced. But things happen and it sucks. And sometimes people just don't change together as they get older and go through their lives together. And I think sometimes we just have to go through life experiences to get to the next one. Who knows? Maybe whatever your relationship was with your husband is what got you to where you were so that you could get to your current relationship.

But how can you control love?

You can't.

How do you say that you won't remarry?

You can't. You can only say what you feel at the point in time at which you're asked.

I know that Musicman is a gift from God. This is not to say that the relationship doesn't ebb & flow like any other relationship. I get p*ssed at him, he gets hurt by me.....because we are human and we screw up. But God put us together for a reason.

I think you're right about all of that. I think most of the people who touch our lives come into it for a reason.

Much happiness to you and MM. Enjoy your gift. It's precious.

jillian said:
I don't think anyone gets married expecting or wanting to get divorced. But things happen and it sucks. And sometimes people just don't change together as they get older and go through their lives together. And I think sometimes we just have to go through life experiences to get to the next one. Who knows? Maybe whatever your relationship was with your husband is what got you to where you were so that you could get to your current relationship.
You can't. You can only say what you feel at the point in time at which you're asked.
I think you're right about all of that. I think most of the people who touch our lives come into it for a reason.
Much happiness to you and MM. Enjoy your gift. It's precious.
Thank you.
I have to agree. I don't think very many people come to the marriage altar with the attitude of, if-this-doesn't-work-I-can-always-get-a-divorce. They vow to spend their lives together, for all time. And my husband & I both took those vows VERY seriously. But things went awry. Things that I don't think would be fair to him to discuss. I will say tho' that there was never any cheating or anything like that. We are friends and he is now seeing a woman. Part of his problem is that he still feels bound by those vows we took. He is a good man. I do hope he finds some happiness. Life has been tough the last few years.

Until you are faced with a situation it is hard to speculate what you would do. But people can only answer from where they are in their life. There are some things that are very simple to make a decision about. There are others that are extremely difficult.

I personally don't think that change is cause for divorce, unless the change results in the breaking of the marriage vow. Marriage needs to be cultivated like any living thing. It is the reponsibility of those involved to keep maintenance on that relationship to avoid some of the pitfalls. Sometimes we allow things to happen that might otherwise be avoidable.

Forum List

Back