WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE A FUTURE PERSONAL INVESTMENT ACCOUNT,instead of government ...

Would you like government imposed social security,or personal control?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My grandmother got lets say $12,000 a year for 30 years. That's what? $360,000? She, and many many many Americans will not save that much on their own.

70% of Americans like/want Social Security. Tell the politicians to stop looting the fund so they can give tax breaks to the rich and go to war in Iraq.

Didn't Chaney say Iraq oil would pay for the war? How was that not a lie? What changed? Was he just wrong? Sure.

People have to learn to take charge of their own futures,instead of being dumbefd down to government dependence.

What liberals dont realize,is that it is an empty account held by the us trwasury.a money market savings account. If a citizen elects to invest,then its the citizens money.if no,then no money.
simple as that.no wallstreet,no government.
citizen controlled.

Give me back every dime I have invested SS and Medicare.

I can take better care of my money than some Clown in DC can.

The average citizen knows very little about investing - and Wall Street knows that.
Pay attention:
A.it will be a US TREASURY held money market account with an APY of 3%.
No knowledge of investments are necessary, and the system is independent of the stock markeet.

Social Security and Medicare are great.
For buying votes, sure.

Sorry, you guys aren't living in the real world. Your "Citizen Government Investment Account" will be taxed to provide for those who weren't responsible and you will be supporting them, anyway. The only difference will be that they will not have had to sacrifice anything along the way to get it. See my previous post (#37); the traditional fable is the fantasy world you're living in, the "modern American version" is reality.

Obviously no ones reading this.
has nothing to do with freakin wallstreet.
its a personal future savings account.

No one is reading it because we all know you're bonkers. BTW, since you've either abandoned your "I've got evidence that Obama is a communist" thread, or you're just ignoring my repeated requests in that thread to show your evidence, I'll ask you here: where is your evidence? Come on, Vampy, let's hear it.

Sorry, you guys aren't living in the real world. Your "Citizen Government Investment Account" will be taxed to provide for those who weren't responsible and you will be supporting them, anyway.
This is not at all necessarily so, and certainly not inherent in the plan as presented.

I posted that evidence.
plus,theres no taxation or collecting.
the SSA get eliminated,and the held general fund given to those grandfathered in with the same type accpunts with the same monthly benefits,except disability for the grandfathered recepients WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED BEHAVIOR OR MEDICAL ISSUES SELF INFLICTED.
those people will not receive benefits who have monthly payments on selfinflucted ussues.
DISABILITY will be redefined as to a medical condition ourside the control of the individual.

Sorry, you guys aren't living in the real world. Your "Citizen Government Investment Account" will be taxed to provide for those who weren't responsible and you will be supporting them, anyway.
This is not at all necessarily so, and certainly not inherent in the plan as presented.

The plan as presented makes current contributions optional. Those that opt out (and it will be a large percentage) will not have funds when they are forced by advancing age to retire, and those with funds at that time will pay for those irresponsible people. Please explain how you expect that to turn out differently (without assuming that we will let them starve, which we won't).

The plan as presented makes current contributions optional.
As they should be.

Those that opt out (and it will be a large percentage) will not have funds when they are forced by advancing age to retire,
I'd call that poor decision making on their part.
When you have the freedom to make your own decisions, you then accept responsibility for the outcomes of same.

and those with funds at that time will pay for those irresponsible people.
How so? I didnt see that as part of the plan.
Sounds like you're making an assumption based on facts not in evidence.

My communist connect evidence was posted on commieblasters.
but,back to the op,there arent taxes involved anymore..
we go from government slavery,to a democratic republic of chpice...
we are the checks and balances.
government for the people,by the people,of the people.
josefk
commieblasters verified an article connecting obama to local and city commie groups.
read it and weep.

I prefer both as it is today, consider this, if you save for a 401K and there was no SS then you would still be taxed on your savings at the time you withdraw from your retirement account. Further it is subject to the rise and fall of the market place. Some think that the Govt. is this big bad boogyman that holds onto your money and doesn't let you invest it the way you see fit, well what do you think you would be doing with a 401k? You would be substituting one for another. I suggest if SS is such a bad thing for some then at retirement time, take your SS check and invest it into the market, and get the return on the monies that some claim are being taken from them. One other thing of note here, if the Federal Govt. would simply pay back what it has borrowed from the SS over the years we would not be having this converation in the first place. Yes, thats you and me, the US Govt. has made SS one of the largest debt holders of US Debt and used the trust fund as a personal piggy bank. If everyone is out for themselves I wonder then what are the feelings for some, for those of us who served the nations Military.

So to answer the question, both ! and with a little reform i.e. SS age limit being raised, some of the debt being paid back to it, and some sound means testing then SS will be there for many many years to come.

To clarify m14 shooter,if you dont invest,thats it.
theres no backup.
no net.
youre your own safety net
BUT WITH COMPLETE CONTROL WITHOUT GOVERNMENT INTERFERENCE.

Forum List

Back