Would You Rather Buy More Oil From Canada Or From Nations like Venezuela?

Buy More Oil From Canada Or From Others Like Venezuela & Middle East?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OK, that is a fair response but trust them for what? we don't even need more freakin oil.

Despite all the marketing crap otherwise we are just fine, thank you!

No. Course not. We have no need for energy or for the jobs energy produces. We are perfectly alright.

Why is this the only infrastructure project that Democrats are opposing? Is it because it's one we actually need?

The Venezuelians do help Joe Kennedy's program to help with heating oil assistance to the poor in Massachusetts. I haven't heard of any Canadian companies stepping up.

Yeah, Hugo Chavez is using his country's cash to bribe American politicians while people in Venezuela are starving.

That is so beautifully liberal!

Why do we buy oil from Canada and Venezuela? Because they produce the freaking stuff while our commie, greenie president promises to turn water into fuel or wind into viable energy. Canada drills for oil and sells it to us because we won't drill for it ourselves. What does that tell you about democrat party policies. Dems are big on punishment and crisis and they are out to punish Americans for the fat and happy years when oil was cheap. In the bargan they get constant international intrigue and crisis.

wonder if they'll have a leak response action plan like deepwater horizon did?
Keystone Pipeline - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It will cross the Sandhills in Nebraska, the large wetland ecosystem, and the Ogallala Aquifer, one of the largest reserves of fresh water in the world. The Ogallala Aquifer spans eight states, provides drinking water for two million people, and supports $20 billion in agriculture. Critics are concerned that a major leak could ruin drinking water and devastate the mid-western U.S. economy.

There are already dozens of pipelines crossing the Ogallala Aquifer, so that's obviously a red hearing. The whiners don't give a crap about the aquifer. They are just looking for excuses to stop the project.

I have no idea what the "large wetland ecosystem" is. I'm not aware of any wetlands in Nebraska. It's being rerouted around the Sandhills, so that whine is a non sequitur.

An oil spill on land is a small problem. Oil can't spread far on the ground. Furthermore, they can just drive up trucks and suck it all into tanks.

Last edited:
You've framed the question as if there were only two possible solutions to the problem. At least provide a 'None of the above'. Politically there's the problem of Dems and Reps lining up on both sides of the issue.

"None of the above" is an option plausible only to morons.

Lots of discussion about the newly proposed Canadian Keystone XL Pipeline. Seems to me we should support buying more oil from our most trusted ally for the last few Centuries than from hostile nations like Venezuela who don't particularly care for us. But that's just my opinion. What do you think?
That's not how the oil markets work. Oil goes onto the open market. And I have no problem with Venezuelan oil.
Exactly.

I say drill baby drill, off shore, ANWAR, wherever. Plus, start switching more to natural gas, for God's sake the US has plenty of that.

Damn right I'd rather buy oil from Canada than anywhere else. I'd rather be energy self sufficient, but those guys are our friends.

When you buy oil at retail, any oil, then you have no clue as to it's origin physically or simply transactionally. It may be Venezuelan, Canadian, or even American. All the oil whether originated here or overseas goes on a world market pricing structure. It's the way the world markets perform and has zero to do with country of origin. Even if and when this country might become completely energy sufficient the energy will still go to the highest bidders just like it always has. Like it or not and whoever might be in the White house the heavily American taxpayer subsidized oil companies will squeeze us all into bankruptcy to improve their own bottom line. You want to boycott them? China and India will gladly take up the slack on futures alone. Do any of you know why the politicos want to run the canadian oil via pipeline to the Gulf of Mexico? It sure as hell isn't to provide oil to any American taxpayer that is subsidizing that operation. It is to deliver the canadian oil to the best refineries and ports in the world. Some of you need to go down there and see where that oil might be going. Educational in the least. We may love Canada like a sister but business is business.

Last edited:
Retail ain't the issue, is it? It's where the oil companies buy their crude, or so I thought. Gotta be cheaper if the oil is piped in from Canada rather than shipped in from the middle east or wherever. I would think environmentally safer too, if a leak occurs in the pipeline you oughta be able to turn it off before too much leaks out. Better than another Exxon Valez, I would think.

The Venezuelians do help Joe Kennedy's program to help with heating oil assistance to the poor in Massachusetts. I haven't heard of any Canadian companies stepping up.

Yeah, Hugo Chavez is using his country's cash to bribe American politicians while people in Venezuela are starving.

That is so beautifully liberal!

Thank the Conservative Supreme Court. They have the majority and have had it for years.

Why do we buy oil from Canada and Venezuela? Because they produce the freaking stuff while our commie, greenie president promises to turn water into fuel or wind into viable energy. Canada drills for oil and sells it to us because we won't drill for it ourselves. What does that tell you about democrat party policies. Dems are big on punishment and crisis and they are out to punish Americans for the fat and happy years when oil was cheap. In the bargan they get constant international intrigue and crisis.

Drill it from where? Do you know where it is?

Retail ain't the issue, is it? It's where the oil companies buy their crude, or so I thought. Gotta be cheaper if the oil is piped in from Canada rather than shipped in from the middle east or wherever. I would think environmentally safer too, if a leak occurs in the pipeline you oughta be able to turn it off before too much leaks out. Better than another Exxon Valez, I would think.

Retail oil is the only issue. It's where you and me and everybody here get's our oil. You may pull into an Exxon station, or a Shell or a Marathon or whatever. You have no clue where they bought their oil and they don't know where it physically came from either. I know this is probably more complicated than you can understand but please bear with me for just a moment. Pumped cheaply or transported only across town the oil is sold at world market pricing. Exxon doesn't set that pricing. Neither does Marathon or any of them. Anymore it's the speculators and you find them hanging around the stocks, futures and commodities markets. They are ruthless and they don't give one shit about the origin of the oil, just that they can buy it cheap and sell it to the biggest fool they can find. That's the way it works. Anyone impressed by that old rightwing chant "Drill Here, Drill Now" thinking it's going to reduce their costs at the pump are just idiots. That shows up in many other ways with them, too. but we'll have plenty of time to talk about all that later and on various topics.

I say drill baby drill, off shore, ANWAR, wherever. Plus, start switching more to natural gas, for God's sake the US has plenty of that.

Damn right I'd rather buy oil from Canada than anywhere else. I'd rather be energy self sufficient, but those guys are our friends.

So you know there hundreds of billions of barrels of oil in Anwar? Or are you simply "imagining" there is that much oil there because Republicans think Obama took a trip costing 200 million dollars a day? How are those two Republican "facts" alike? Because both are bullshit.

So you know there hundreds of billions of barrels of oil in Anwar? Or are you simply "imagining" there is that much oil there because Republicans think Obama took a trip costing 200 million dollars a day? How are those two Republican "facts" alike? Because both are bullshit.

'Zackly

Would You Rather Buy More Oil From Canada Or From Nations like Venezuela?

See the FLAW in this hypothetical question?

It's the word YOU.

YOU don't buy oil from anybody.

YOU buy your gas and petroeum products from international energy and chemical companies.

We speak about this issue like we had a NATIONALIZED energy company.

We aren't in the petroleum business, folks.

WE American citizens own none of this oil regardless of where it comes from.

Drill it from where? Do you know where it is?

Do your own dang research...you're a smart guy, it's all out there for you to find!

Forum List

Back