Would You Own A Slave?

Would you own an artificial intelligence slave? A robot that did whatever you asked. I would love it. Right now I would have it walk my dog, clean my place, give me hand job then message, clip my nails then type for me on usmb. Laundry. I would talk to it too. Drive my car.

How much would you pay? $100k is what they would go for at first eventually you can get older models for $10k
So why do you own the dog if you don't enjoy activities with it ??

I take my cat outside every night around 10 pm when the dog walkers are all mostly finished, and the cat loves it. He runs around, checks bushes for mice and rats, climbs trees, all as we circle the large complex that I live in. The other night he sprinted after another cat and they were blocks away before I finally found him. Then he followed me back home.

I know its wrong but if you were rich and owning slaves were legal would you own someone? You might even justify that you wouldn't be mean to your slaves and if you didn't own them someone else would. Maybe someone not as nice as you.

And you own a company where the slaves cost you $10k a year each but a white worker would cost you $30k. We know right there every republican would say no brainer.

What if they were Isis captives? Assuming they wouldnt kill you in your sleep. Would you own one of bin Laden's lunch men?

Is this what basically happens when a rich american buys a mail order bride from a 3rd world country?

I don't know if you have noticed. But you ARE a slave. Another bad thing is that even slaves own slaves.
Who isn't a slave? There is only one guy who doesn't have a boss and that's trump. But even he answers to us, sort of..

The supreme Court. They don't have a boss
ust equals.

Putin doesn't have a boss.

The bankers don't have a boss.
Putin's boss is the Russian people. They can take him down if they wish.

I know its wrong but if you were rich and owning slaves were legal would you own someone? You might even justify that you wouldn't be mean to your slaves and if you didn't own them someone else would. Maybe someone not as nice as you.

And you own a company where the slaves cost you $10k a year each but a white worker would cost you $30k. We know right there every republican would say no brainer.

What if they were Isis captives? Assuming they wouldnt kill you in your sleep. Would you own one of bin Laden's lunch men?

Is this what basically happens when a rich american buys a mail order bride from a 3rd world country?

NO, Mail order brides are NOT slaves.

Your question is a good question, but to get a good answer you need to give the questionees some "Distance" from the negative connotations of "slave" to get an honest answer.

I recall a thread I saw on a science fiction-y site several years ago.

The question was similar to yours but instead of "Slave" they were discussing intelligent self aware androids.

People are more open to the idea then they think they are.

Would you own an artificial intelligence slave? A robot that did whatever you asked. I would love it. Right now I would have it walk my dog, clean my place, give me hand job then message, clip my nails then type for me on usmb. Laundry. I would talk to it too. Drive my car.

How much would you pay? $100k is what they would go for at first eventually you can get older models for $10k
So why do you own the dog if you don't enjoy activities with it ??

I take my cat outside every night around 10 pm when the dog walkers are all mostly finished, and the cat loves it. He runs around, checks bushes for mice and rats, climbs trees, all as we circle the large complex that I live in. The other night he sprinted after another cat and they were blocks away before I finally found him. Then he followed me back home.
I don't enjoy walking him in the morning when it's ten degrees. I don't have a fenced in yard. Do you think people with fenced in back yards go out with the dog Everytime they let it out?

You're asking the wrong guy that because I spoil the shit out of my dog. Take him everywhere(when possible) and if I do go out without him I give him a long walk.

Saturday morning hung over I'd have the robot take him out

'
Considering what idiots most people are, they would be better employed, more productive, and even happier if they were my slaves.

Putin's boss is the Russian people. They can take him down if they wish.
Citizens can take down Raul Castro if they want too, but it would be difficult. Same goes for Putin. It's not like the United States or other western democracies/republics.

The World Factbook — Central Intelligence Agency
semi-presidential federation

Executive branch:
chief of state: President Vladimir Vladimirovich PUTIN (since 7 May 2012)
head of government: Premier Dmitriy Anatolyevich MEDVEDEV (since 8 May 2012); First Deputy Premier Igor Ivanovich SHUVALOV (since 12 May 2008); Deputy Premiers Arkadiy Vladimirovich DVORKOVICH (since 21 May 2012), Olga Yuryevna GOLODETS (since 21 May 2012), Aleksandr Gennadiyevich KHLOPONIN (since 19 January 2010), Dmitriy Nikolayevich KOZAK (since 14 October 2008), Vitaliy Leontyevich MUTKO (since 19 October 2016), Dmitriy Olegovich ROGOZIN (since 23 December 2011), Sergey Eduardovich PRIKHODKO (since 22 May 2013), Yuriy Petrovich TRUTNEV (since 31 August 2013)
cabinet: the "Government" is composed of the premier, his deputies, and ministers, all appointed by the president; the premier is also confirmed by the Duma
elections/appointments: president directly elected by absolute majority popular vote in 2 rounds if needed for a 6-year term (eligible for a second term); election last held on 4 March 2012 (next to be held in March 2018); note - term length extended to 6 years from 4 years in late 2008, effective after the 2012 election; there is no vice president; premier appointed by the president with the approval of the Duma
election results: Vladimir PUTIN elected president; percent of vote - Vladimir PUTIN (United Russia) 63.6%, Gennadiy ZYUGANOV (CPRF) 17.2%, Mikhail PROKHOROV(Civic Platform) 8%, Vladimir ZHIRINOVSKIY (LDPR) 6.2%, Sergey MIRONOV (A Just Russia) 3.9%, other 1.1%; Dmitriy MEDVEDEV (United Russia) approved as premier by Duma; vote - 299 to 144
note: there is also a Presidential Administration that provides staff and policy support to the president, drafts presidential decrees, and coordinates policy among government agencies; a Security Council also reports directly to the president

Speaking of true slaves, I am surprised that no abolitionist movement arose in the ancient world. They just accepted slavery as normal and acceptable. Not until the 1850's in the USA did a true abolitionist movement arise.

Speaking of true slaves, I am surprised that no abolitionist movement arose in the ancient world. They just accepted slavery as normal and acceptable. Not until the 1850's in the USA did a true abolitionist movement arise.
I've read something about this in the past.
It seems that in the ancient world many people thought slaves were slaves because of their inner nature.
Even Aristotle said this

quote-he-who-is-by-nature-not-his-own-but-another-s-man-is-by-nature-a-slave-aristotle-320742.jpg

I've read something about this in the past.
It seems that in the ancient world many people thought slaves were slaves because of their inner nature.
Even Aristotle said this

quote-he-who-is-by-nature-not-his-own-but-another-s-man-is-by-nature-a-slave-aristotle-320742.jpg
Anciently, in prehistory, slavery seems to have always been in existence. The earliest mention of it is in the Iliad pertaining to the Trojan War which dates to 1250 BCE. That's about the same times as Moses presumable led the Hebrews out of Egypt, who had become slaves there. The Tenahk also therefore mentions slavery, and also tolerates it. The Iliad tolerates it too.

So it strikes me as odd that there was no abolitionist movement anciently.

Slaves were normally conquered peoples when one city or nation attacked another city and enslaved all the people. The men were usually killed in battle or murdered afterwards. The women and children (both male and female) became slaves. Then they grew up slaves and the females were sometimes bred.

It is a pitiful condition and aspect of ancient civilization.

One thing that the modern world has managed to accomplish is the abolition of slavery. Criminal slavery still exists but it is relatively rare.

Forum List

Back