Would You Or Wouldn't You?

Would You Or Wouldn't You?

• In A Friggin' Heartbeat

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • No...That Wouldn't Be Right...I Don't Know If He Is Doing Anything Wrong - He Is Just Standing There

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
Working Man said:
I have never done it, for real. I am thankful. But, I do encourage people to carry, in particular in this phase of lawless and disorder,, which the liberals created in America.

If I were thrust into the situation which many young American men, and women, find themselves today,,,, I would probably, no joke, squeeze a round at the target shown.

Looking at the Pix coming on TV everynight,, the profiles of the dead soldiers, the tears in the eyes of their remaining loved ones,,, it's a war. Deal with it.

Since the lightheartedness has been sucked out of this thread, nobody knows for sure what they will do until faced with the situation.

If the sniper does not shoot, and minutes later the jihadist blows up a school bus full of children, what is the moral consequence of NOT acting?

I can live with doing what has to be done. I could NOT reconcile within myself the result of NOT acting.

When you ask someone what they would do in any given situation, obviously they have more time to think about it than they would if they were IN that situation.

When I first saw the picture, I admit that my first reaction was one of hesitation as well. "Wait a minute, that guy is wearing a uniform. Are the terrorists issuing uniforms to their bombers now? I didn't think they were. Not only that, but he doesn't look like he is hiding or in any sort of position were he wouldn't be easily spotted as people came up the road, in fact, he is wearing a rather dark outfit that might be prone to stand out along side the road...I would imagine the real bombers try to be a bit more covert...hmm, I know that this is a picture from a solider...but I don't have enough information personally to state that I would be unequivocally ready to kill that person."

That was my initial reaction. From my position, safe at home, I am not going to make a decision to end someones life when I feel that I have several fairly good reasons to question the situation.

Now...if I take into consideration your additions. 1) That it is from a soldier in Iraq. 2) That the person in the picture is, indeed, an enemy combatant. Then I STILL say...I need more information before answering the originally posed question:

1) Is there a car/truck/tank/convoy approaching that is in danger? If so, then I would blast the guy without hesitation. I am not going to play ten games of grab ass trying to capture someone who might turn and try to fire the rocket prior to being gunned down.

2) If there is not, then I would not shoot him, but would rather attempt to capture him. I believe that we must continue to "play by the rules," in this war, if we can.

Now...I will admit wholeheartedly to overanalyzing what you meant to be a "light-hearted" thread...but I think that others here have done the same thing, not because they wanted to be a pain in the ass, but rather because they approached it in their own way, and were honest about that approach.

For those of you who say, "Shoot - no hesitation," there is nothing wrong with your response...but I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting more information prior to deciding either - just two different ways to approach the situation.

archangel said:
and how many times did ya pull the trigger?This is such a BS thread...armchair quarterbacks...with no conscience to pull from...one hail Mary and one Our Father for ya...

You know absolutely nothing about me.

You know absolutely nothing about my background.

You know absolutely nothing about how many times I have pulled the trigger.

Men with class don't get in a pissing contest about how many "X's" they have slapped on the inside of their gun case.

Men with class don't as stupid questions like "how many times did ya pull the trigger?"

Men with class consider their past, as to taking a life (lives), very serious and not something to B.S. and banter about the same why they would talk about the size of their wanker.

I am not going to get in a pissing contest with you. I have class.

You, do not.

GotZoom said:

Men with class don't get in a pissing contest about how many "X's" they have slapped on the inside of their gun case.

Men with class don't as stupid questions like "how many times did ya pull the trigger?"

Men with class consider their past, as to taking a life (lives), very serious and not something to B.S. and banter about the same why they would talk about the size of their wanker.

<b>I am not going to get in a pissing contest with you. I have class.

You, do not.</b>

You could have summed up your entire post (and saved yourself some typing) by just using the phrase in bold. :)

GunnyL said:
Since the lightheartedness has been sucked out of this thread, nobody knows for sure what they will do until faced with the situation.

If the sniper does not shoot, and minutes later the jihadist blows up a school bus full of children, what is the moral consequence of NOT acting?

I can live with doing what has to be done. I could NOT reconcile within myself the result of NOT acting.

Agreed, I pondered what I would do, and what if I didn't. I didn't consider what I saw as part of a video game, therefor a flippant response was not given. In this case, as in reality, somebody isn't going to be going home.

GotZoom said:

I am not going to get in a pissing contest with you. I have class.

You, do not.

May I remind you that you started this thread with "Would you or wouldn't you? Followed by a mans pic in a sniper scope! Wether or not my question was classy or not...the question to you was fair! And no I do not know you nor do you know me...hence the fair question!

Working Man said:
Agreed, I pondered what I would do, and what if I didn't. I didn't consider what I saw as part of a video game, therefor a flippant response was not given. In this case, as in reality, somebody isn't going to be going home.

And see .... I saw it as a video game question begging gung ho, flippant responses. :laugh:

GunnyL said:
And see .... I saw it as a video game question begging gung ho, flippant responses. :laugh:

I tried to invoke the jiggling titties and nothing!!! How are we to bring lightheartedness back to our bbs without some :mm: and some swinging sisters?

Oh well. It is a good thread, the poll was interesting. Whether people hesitated, or not is interesting too, as one of the posters said,, what are the circumstances?? Either way.. There are more issues to beat up on.

If I had too guess, I would say that many of the people on this bbs are young, and have not actually seen Red Dawn.

Forum List

Back