Would You Marry Again?

I don't think so. However, if I did act stupidly again ... I'd damned sure never sign another joint tax return.

I'd rather just leave it open to the possibility of living with a man ... so long as the lease or deed was in my name. :lol:

Should something happen that would end your marriage, do you think you would want to marry again? For me, that kind of familiarity does breed contempt as the saying goes...lol. So "not again."

That depends on many factors. Given that today is my 36th wedding anniversery it's not something I'd dwell on for long.

Happy anniversary!

congratsfireworkscopy3gn.jpg

Happy Anniversary Wry, and best wishes for another 36!!!

And would I marry again? I honestly don't know. I think it is unlikely. I've been with the same guy for a very long time now, he's all broken in and adapted (as am I), we both know each other's sh*t and have accepted it, we share a lot of history together, and when the chips are down, he is my best friend every single time. I just don't know how somebody improves on that.

So my game plan right now is to take very good care of him so he outlives me. :)

And would I marry again? I honestly don't know. I think it is unlikely. I've been with the same guy for a very long time now, he's all broken in and adapted (as am I), we both know each other's sh*t and have accepted it, we share a lot of history together, and when the chips are down, he is my best friend every single time. I just don't know how somebody improves on that.

So my game plan right now is to take very good care of him so he outlives me. :)
:clap2:

No,its pointless people are together or they are not and no licence will determine that, I dont need the state to be involved in my relationship and certainly not the church

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pENyKqrswYM]YouTube - An Atheist Reads the Bible - 11 - Marriage[/ame]

naw...i have been married 29 years...he knows when i limp and say my knee is good to go...i am lying....he lets me nap on sunday in the recliner...doesnt complain when i snore....naw i got a good one and dont plan to chance it again

I found someone desperate and foolish, but I doubt I will find another.

Given my personality and my habits, I was lucky to be married as long as I was. And for that I am grateful.

If I find someone foolish and desperate again, I will jump at the chance. But women my age are too smart for that now.

Well, Wife number one and i lasted 8 years, She was remarried the same day our divorce was finalized. I believe she is on Husband number 4 now.

I swore it would never happen again. But then I met this fantastic, wonderful woman, And we have been married 28 years. (In December).

Would I do it again? I don't know. I don't even want to have to think about it.

I seriously doubt I would, but it has nothing to do with being unhappy with marriage itself- I just find that as I get older, I like my solitude. Marriage is hard work if you want it to be a reasonably happy relationship, and if you are happy being alone, it's just much less maintenance.

I seriously doubt I would, but it has nothing to do with being unhappy with marriage itself- I just find that as I get older, I like my solitude. Marriage is hard work if you want it to be a reasonably happy relationship, and if you are happy being alone, it's just much less maintenance.

Lizzie, what a great post! Thank you. My solitude means more to me than anything else. I could never again share my happy existence with another. There is nothing as freeing as living alone and loving it,[for me]. There are no constraints and I can be completely independent. Free as the wind. Love and need that so much. I especially love being alone at night and on weekends and I am fortunate that my friend is an owner-chef who works those times and in another town...***W00***

Someday, but right now I'm devoted to being a mom. I could survive being alone, but I'd prefer a best friend/lover to share those big and little moments of life.

Exactly!:) It's alot of trouble getting comfortable in the first place, and harder to stay that way. Marriage is one of the toughest jobs around if you want to live an honest existence and not become filled with regrets. I recommend it if you have the willpower and a strong desire for making things work, but it's much harder than my mother ever told me it would be.;)

Someday, but right now I'm devoted to being a mom. I could survive being alone, but I'd prefer a best friend/lover to share those big and little moments of life.

Kudos to you for putting your mom position ahead of everything else.!:) It's the most important thing you will ever be, and your children will be much better off for having you to cherish them.

Last edited:

Sherry, I admire you for deferring to the best interests of you and the child/children. It is not easy finding a man who would also treat them the way you might like and they might need. You would be takng a chance. In addition to love, children need stability and consistency, as you no doubt, know. With you only, they can be assured of that. Bestest to your family sweetie. :)

.... I like my solitude. Marriage is hard work if you want it to be a reasonably happy relationship, and if you are happy being alone, it's just much less maintenance.

My solitude means more to me than anything else. I could never again share my happy existence with another. ..

I've been with the same guy for a very long time now, he's all broken in and adapted (as am I), we both know each other's sh*t and have accepted it ....

You gal's........so romantic:lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back