Would You Lock Your Doors

I'm kinda over the Holocaust. Even tho my families experienced losses.
And I will never look at those folks simply as victims of evil. Because that serves no purpose other than to be in awe of the evil.. And my time is better spent plotting and working to make sure that happens to no one again.. Sick that slavery still exists. Maybe the PTSD prone ought to vow to seek it out and kill it.. Can't understand why folks like you who are haunted by slavery 300 years would even sleep at night knowing that exists today. Channel some energy Mr. A. -- would be therapeutic.. Obviously Jackson and Sharpton would never go there. No cameras, no money...

Last edited:
In charge? Your delusional. More like do what I say or die...and the laws of the time backed that up.

Yeah.. In charge.. As in daily operations and security of the home and business. Did ya read the Hermitage notes I posted?

When Andrew Jackson Junior and his wife Sarah briefly moved to Mississippi in between 1858 and 1860, they entrusted care of The Hermitage to Hannah and Aaron.

You don't leave pets in charge of your home and business operations..
Hannah RAN the house and was a companion to Mrs Jackson. Hannah and her husband were actually married in the house dining room.

Now she DID flee to the Yankees when Nashville fell early in the war. But she was interviewed MANY times with generally favorable statements of the Jackson family..
running the house as a housekeeper is not being in charge of the house in the way you seem to mean.

I am not clear on why you are trying to portray slavery in a flattering light.

No way that's my aim.. My goal is to humanize these folks who had to survive that ugly chapter of history. And to get a more realistic view of HOW they lived. And obviously, slaves were trained at tasks and responsibilities that elevated many of them to positions that endeared them to the owners and created a lot of trust. Showing that it was possible for a few to achieve very lofty positions in the family and business. And that is the story at every Southern heritage site that I've visited. I guess the difference is you would prefer to think of them as menial laborers and victims. I think somewhere in between is where they would WANT to be remembered..

Basically what you are doing is trying put lipstick on a pig. Your choice of language even reflects the attitude the slave owners probably had. "were trained"? I trained my pit bull to guard my home when I was not there. When I was home he knew he was off duty and he was a dog. For every feel good story there are probably hundreds if not thousands of examples of depraved indifference to the human condition of being enslaved and relegated to the value of mule. Those feel good stories dont wash away the destruction done to the family unit of Blacks from seeing their daughters and wives raped, sold off to the highest bidder as retaliation for some real or imagined slight or disobedience, or men folk basically removed from their primary role of family protector under pain of mutilation or death. Consequently that destruction is still evident today in the lives of Black people that have not recovered as of yet from what basically amounts to PTSD. Food for thought.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/10/n...from-911still-haunts.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

9/11 was a one time event that affected thousaunds. Blacks went through it for decades over and over and over again. The survivors did not receive any counseling and passed on a bunch of bad stuff to their descendants. What could possibly be good about romanticizing the era of slavery?

So in 150 years, you can't overcome something no living black man experienced? Jeeze guy! Get over it.

Maybe you are not educated enough to understand simple cause and effect. Maybe your background does not include anything beyond a 3rd grade education. The problem is not that I need to get over something. Its obvious from your response I have surpassed you in generally known knowledge. You can't get over something you are not even aware you have nor have the tools to deal with. Using the example of PTSD again. Would you tell a war veteran that had PTSD just get over it? Only an ignorant person would. What about if that veteran continued to serve in war after war? Would you expect that person to self heal with no after effects and they not even be aware they have PTSD? Let me know if anything about that confused you because the previous example sure threw you for a loop.

In charge? Your delusional. More like do what I say or die...and the laws of the time backed that up.

Yeah.. In charge.. As in daily operations and security of the home and business. Did ya read the Hermitage notes I posted?

When Andrew Jackson Junior and his wife Sarah briefly moved to Mississippi in between 1858 and 1860, they entrusted care of The Hermitage to Hannah and Aaron.

Hannah RAN the house and was a companion to Mrs Jackson. Hannah and her husband were actually married in the house dining room.

Now she DID flee to the Yankees when Nashville fell early in the war. But she was interviewed MANY times with generally favorable statements of the Jackson family..
running the house as a housekeeper is not being in charge of the house in the way you seem to mean.

No way that's my aim.. My goal is to humanize these folks who had to survive that ugly chapter of history. And to get a more realistic view of HOW they lived. And obviously, slaves were trained at tasks and responsibilities that elevated many of them to positions that endeared them to the owners and created a lot of trust. Showing that it was possible for a few to achieve very lofty positions in the family and business. And that is the story at every Southern heritage site that I've visited. I guess the difference is you would prefer to think of them as menial laborers and victims. I think somewhere in between is where they would WANT to be remembered..

Basically what you are doing is trying put lipstick on a pig. Your choice of language even reflects the attitude the slave owners probably had. "were trained"? I trained my pit bull to guard my home when I was not there. When I was home he knew he was off duty and he was a dog. For every feel good story there are probably hundreds if not thousands of examples of depraved indifference to the human condition of being enslaved and relegated to the value of mule. Those feel good stories dont wash away the destruction done to the family unit of Blacks from seeing their daughters and wives raped, sold off to the highest bidder as retaliation for some real or imagined slight or disobedience, or men folk basically removed from their primary role of family protector under pain of mutilation or death. Consequently that destruction is still evident today in the lives of Black people that have not recovered as of yet from what basically amounts to PTSD. Food for thought.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/10/n...from-911still-haunts.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

9/11 was a one time event that affected thousaunds. Blacks went through it for decades over and over and over again. The survivors did not receive any counseling and passed on a bunch of bad stuff to their descendants. What could possibly be good about romanticizing the era of slavery?

I guess someone that wanted the story to be ALL about victims and menial labor -- it IS lipstick on a pig.. I'll buy that. But something strange is goin on here that I did not expect. And that is both Ravi and now YOU have made "dog" and "pet" references in regards to some actual plantation history. My mind can't go there. Particularly when the stories were about training in blacksmithing, horse husbandry, carpentry, milling, etc.. And having a couple slaves win more Kentucky derbies than modern era jockeys is more than worthy at a look as to how that happened. These were premiere skills for the time. Not the stuff your dog can do.

Pretty tone deaf for even the politically correct leftists that equate a job at WalMart to slavery all the freaking time..

I think LOTS of healing went on in the South BECAUSE of the acceptance of the contributions made by black slaves and the way they survived. And the integral relationships between ancestors. They are a key part of the story of development here and it serves race relations better to celebrate their contributions than to ignore them..

That doesnt make sense. No one wants the story to be ALL about victims and labor. The danger is in glorifying that era as something honorable or even beneficial. The pet reference came in due to the use of the word training. Instructed would be the word you apply to humans. BTW did you know Africans already were blacksmith long before they came to the US?

Craft In America African American Ironwork

African men with iron making skills were brought to the Chesapeake region of Maryland and Virginia to work as blacksmiths on plantations and in the developing iron industry of 18th century Colonial America. By 1775, the colonies were the world’s third largest producer of iron, a dominance built largely on slave labor.

I think what you are missing in this is that this was allowed only to make the slave owner money. It was not done out of respect for the skills of slaves. There was a reason whites didn't want the vast majority of slaves having skills, the ability to read or write, nor speak eloquently. It would disrupt the status quo and bring on that cognitive dissonance. Everything was safe as long as the trained monkey was an anomaly and not just an example of what Black people were really capable of.

Last edited:
I'm kinda over the Holocaust. Even tho my families experienced losses.
And I will never look at those folks simply as victims of evil. Because that serves no purpose other than to be in awe of the evil.. And my time is better spent plotting and working to make sure that happens to no one again.. Sick that slavery still exists. Maybe the PTSD prone ought to vow to seek it out and kill it.. Can't understand why folks like you who are haunted by slavery 300 years would even sleep at night knowing that exists today. Channel some energy Mr. A. -- would be therapeutic.. Obviously Jackson and Sharpton would never go there. No cameras, no money...

Most Jews are not over the Holocaust for good reason and that was just a few years of hell. Black people went through not only 2 centuries of slavery but also the Jim Crow era. My time is spent plotting and making sure that doesn't happen again. You cant understand why people like me are haunted by chattel slavery because you nor your ancestors experienced centuries of it in combination with continued racism. You also are unable to see how it effects people today in the Black community. i wouldnt really expect you to understand but I would expect you to listen. It would be like me telling you the holocaust never happened and there are no Jews with serial numbers tattooed on their bodies.

I guess someone that wanted the story to be ALL about victims and menial labor -- it IS lipstick on a pig.. I'll buy that. But something strange is goin on here that I did not expect. And that is both Ravi and now YOU have made "dog" and "pet" references in regards to some actual plantation history. My mind can't go there. Particularly when the stories were about training in blacksmithing, horse husbandry, carpentry, milling, etc.. And having a couple slaves win more Kentucky derbies than modern era jockeys is more than worthy at a look as to how that happened. These were premiere skills for the time. Not the stuff your dog can do.

Pretty tone deaf for even the politically correct leftists that equate a job at WalMart to slavery all the freaking time..

I think LOTS of healing went on in the South BECAUSE of the acceptance of the contributions made by black slaves and the way they survived. And the integral relationships between ancestors. They are a key part of the story of development here and it serves race relations better to celebrate their contributions than to ignore them..

That doesnt make sense. No one wants the story to be ALL about victims and labor. The danger is in glorifying that era as something honorable or even beneficial. The pet reference came in due to the use of the word training. Instructed would be the word you apply to humans. BTW did you know Africans already were blacksmith long before they came to the US?

I think what you are missing in this is that this was allowed only to make the slave owner money. It was not done out of respect for the skills of slaves. There was a reason whites didn't want the vast majority of slaves having skills, the ability to read or write, nor speak eloquently. It would disrupt the status quo and bring on that cognitive dissonance. Everything was safe as long as the trained monkey was an anomaly and not just an example of what Black people were really capable of.

I'll be sure to pass that on to the Departments of Labor and Education to be careful not to refer to Training or Retraining programs. And of course the object was to make money for the owner. But you are wrong that these skills were not respected. They were not properly renumerated and deprived of basic personal choices. Every business has foremen who are given trust and responsibities. And a working plantation had many black foremen. If there was no trust and respect, the Massa would have to hire a bunch of white employees to manage and direct daily work. Largely, what ive seen is an extended white family surrounded by a whole bunch of black folks improving the grounds and conducting a business. So far I cant remember a single instance of white staff members or employees even being mentioned. Except maybe a tutor for the children.

The development of reliiance on key slaves probably did a lot to change hearts and minds...

I'll be sure to pass that on to the Departments of Labor and Education to be careful not to refer to Training or Retraining programs. And of course the object was to make money for the owner. But you are wrong that these skills were not respected. They were not properly renumerated and deprived of basic personal choices. Every business has foremen who are given trust and responsibities. And a working plantation had many black foremen. If there was no trust and respect, the Massa would have to hire a bunch of white employees to manage and direct daily work. Largely, what ive seen is an extended white family surrounded by a whole bunch of black folks improving the grounds and conducting a business. So far I cant remember a single instance of white staff members or employees even being mentioned. Except maybe a tutor for the children.

The development of reliiance on key slaves probably did a lot to change hearts and minds...

I think you have totally forgotten about the role of the slave overseer who was usually a poor ignorant version of today's white trash. He was the bad guy while the actually owner was able to play the part of the good guy. Funny how the slave owner was the one to hire the slave overseer though.

Why would they hire white people when they could force black people to do it for free. You seem to be overlooking the entire reason for having slaves.

So in 150 years, you can't overcome something no living black man experienced? Jeeze guy! Get over it.

Maybe you are not educated enough to understand simple cause and effect. Maybe your background does not include anything beyond a 3rd grade education. The problem is not that I need to get over something. Its obvious from your response I have surpassed you in generally known knowledge. You can't get over something you are not even aware you have nor have the tools to deal with. Using the example of PTSD again. Would you tell a war veteran that had PTSD just get over it? Only an ignorant person would. What about if that veteran continued to serve in war after war? Would you expect that person to self heal with no after effects and they not even be aware they have PTSD? Let me know if anything about that confused you because the previous example sure threw you for a loop.
I apparently got way beyond you in my education and I obviously got a hell of a lot more out of it.
PTSD is not inherited. Something your great great great grandfather experienced in the 1850's caused you no traumatic stress. If you are stressed out about something that happened a hundred and fifty years ago, it's not caused by slavery. It's caused by your use of it as a crutch to explain your lack of accomplishment. You were not a slave. No one you have ever known was a slave. Grow the fuck up!

Amazing that folks who have not lived in the deep South for decades in the communities are trying to explain their societies to us on the issue of race.

I apparently got way beyond you in my education and I obviously got a hell of a lot more out of it.
PTSD is not inherited. Something your great great great grandfather experienced in the 1850's caused you no traumatic stress. If you are stressed out about something that happened a hundred and fifty years ago, it's not caused by slavery. It's caused by your use of it as a crutch to explain your lack of accomplishment. You were not a slave. No one you have ever known was a slave. Grow the fuck up!

Apparently you didn't get beyond third grade in reading comprehension let alone to where I am. Who told you if PTSD was inherited or not? Where do you see that in my post? What illiterates like you seem to fail to understand is that racial PTSD didnt end in 1850. My grandfather wouldnt even spit on a white person if he was on fire. He hated white people with a passion and killed several of them back in Mississippi. That was a result of ongoing racial strife in the south. My parents, uncles, etc learned from his generation of having to be constantly thinking about survival. How do ignorant people like you manaage to get past registering for this site? Did someone have to help you?

I have excellent comprehension skills. PTSD by definition results from trauma. Not trauma to an ancestor. Neither you or your grandfather experienced the trauma of slavery. Any stress you feel has nothing to do with something that happened 5 or 6 generations in the past. Your stress and anger is cause by how you've been conditioned to feel about an injustice in the remote past.

Now if you have some scholarly paper that claims PTSD is hereditary, by all means post a link. I'd be happy to read it and comment.

I have excellent comprehension skills. PTSD by definition results from trauma. Not trauma to an ancestor. Neither you or your grandfather experienced the trauma of slavery. Any stress you feel has nothing to do with something that happened 5 or 6 generations in the past. Your stress and anger is cause by how you've been conditioned to feel about an injustice in the remote past.

Now if you have some scholarly paper that claims PTSD is hereditary, by all means post a link. I'd be happy to read it and comment.

I guess you still didnt go back and read carefully or you realize you have made yourself look ignorant and desperately need to deflect. No one said PTSD was hereditary. I even asked you to quote where I said that. What a joke!

Post 236:

Consequently that destruction is still evident today in the lives of Black people that have not recovered as of yet from what basically amounts to PTSD. Food for thought.

How else can you claim that blacks have PTSD as a result of slavery?

You have no Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome, nor did the previous 5 generations in your family. What you have is bitterness and resentment over something you've heard about from your family and read about in history books. Your family has passed down rage it's time you said "Fuck it" and accept that your ancestors got a raw deal.

Post 236:

Consequently that destruction is still evident today in the lives of Black people that have not recovered as of yet from what basically amounts to PTSD. Food for thought.

How else can you claim that blacks have PTSD as a result of slavery?

You have no Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome, nor did the previous 5 generations in your family. What you have is bitterness and resentment over something you've heard about from your family and read about in history books. Your family has passed down rage it's time you said "Fuck it" and accept that your ancestors got a raw deal.

Try and concentrate real hard. Maybe thats your problem and not just your stupidity. Anyone that has been through racial conflict can have PTSD. You don't define who and who does not have it. Its obvious I am talking to a moron at this point.

Why would they hire white people when they could force black people to do it for free. You seem to be overlooking the entire reason for having slaves.

I understand why the sslaves were there. You're under faulty impressions about the relationship between the owners and the workers. Very few if any WHITE employees, not because of cost only, but because the slaves could be trained and advanced into EVERY type of labor needed to survive and do business. Largely, just the white family with maybe twice as many slaves. If the dominant view of slave owners was that blacks were simply untrustworthy cotton picking machines, you would see a totally different staff make up at these plantations with more white employees and moe security.

Mr. A is correct that farther down south where the massive cotton operations were, there was less diversity in the biz skills and more chances for abuse by white staff.

You've never experienced racial conflict that you didn't instigate. You're a race pimp like Sharpton only not nearly as smart.

Now your just talking out of your ass. You dont know me so you cant tell me what I experienced. Nice deflection since you have nothing with which to advance your inane argument.

Asc, if a bunch of black gang bangers are approaching your car and don't look particularly happy, are you cars doors locked? Or do you roll down your window and say "Wassup homeys?".

Forum List

Back