• No

• Are you insane!?!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bruce_T_Laney

Platinum Member
May 27, 2014
Hell
New downtown development aims toward living small

After watching this on the local news station here in Houston, Texas it made me wonder would any of you live in a Micro-Condo?

Starting price for the one shown on the news was $144,000 and other units will start at $250,000. The size of the ones being shown were 350 square feet in size.

So would you buy one of those units if you were single or elderly and the children had left home?

New downtown development aims toward living small

After watching this on the local news station here in Houston, Texas it made me wonder would any of you live in a Micro-Condo?

Starting price for the one shown on the news was $144,000 and other units will start at $250,000. The size of the ones being shown were 350 square feet in size.

So would you buy one of those units if you were single or elderly and the children had left home?

I might be able to comfortably live in that kind of place, but not at that price. For $250,000 I could buy a normally sized house in my area.

Nope, I have lots of stuff. Need lebensraum.

One can go an hour south of here and get a decent single on a quarter-acre for $200,000. Why live like a termite?

I would want a micro house.
If I could build a house with just a room, internet, running water and satellite. I'm good to go.

I voted "insane" but not at all for the size issue -- that didn't even occur to me. I voted insane because of the word "condo".

I have a lot of stuff..
Not to mention I will never live in the city again.

I like the tiny houses but I don't think I'd live in a condo. I need some outdoors that doesn't require an elevator.

The cost and condo part... no it is insane

But living in a small space, 100% on board with that.

My opinion:

If someone is willing to spend that asinine amount of money on something like that they should be slapped upside their damn head and be called the fool they are.

I agree with Bonzi on the single room type house on a piece of land.

I would live in a tiny house out in the country but no way in hell would I live crowded into a sardine can with other people

I would live in a tiny house out in the country but no way in hell would I live crowded into a sardine can with other people

The dream of the left is to herd the sheep into crowded pens.

This is the democrats vision of the future for all;

2478D66300000578-2900340-TAIYUAN_CHINA_JANUARY_07_CHINA_OUT_People_rest_at_capsule_hotel_-a-14_1420637518077.jpg

My opinion:

If someone is willing to spend that asinine amount of money on something like that they should be slapped upside their damn head and be called the fool they are.

I agree with Bonzi on the single room type house on a piece of land.
Indeed, my wife and I dreamed about putting a mobile home out in the woods someplace for our retirement.

This reminds me of something that happened a few years ago. Some people were planning a "jobs and housing" project to revitalize downtown. The project involved creating jobs in the 15-20 thousand dollar bracket and housing for $150,000 and up.

What were these people thinking?

350 sq feet? Not for my primary residence, no.

For a small 2nd home, like a lake cottage, maybe. But the shed would be huge. Lol

As for a condo, there's no way I'd live in a city, or even a multi-unit building. I know people that love it, and good for them, but I can't stand the ant hill lifestyle. I don't do cruises or resorts when on vacation either and all for the same reason: too many people.

Forum List

Back