Would you like some oil with that oyster?

This could be bad.

NEW ORLEANS — Oil continued to pour into the Gulf of Mexico on Monday as the authorities waited to see if the quickest possible method of stopping the leaks would bring an end to what was threatening to become an environmental disaster.

Robots Working to Stop Oil Leak in Gulf of Mexico - NYTimes.com

Pay attention you idiots that want to destroy Florida.

Wouldn't be surprised if the explosion was caused by a bomb planted by an eco-terrorist group.

The leak is bad and its a terrible thing, so what are ya gonna do about? Going to stop using fossil fuels?

Well then turn off your electric, don't eat, drink, use, or purchase anything made from petroleum products, and don't drive a car, ride a train, take a bus, or use any form of transportation other than a horse or your own two feet.... if you do any of those things you are a hypocrite....

Thats the problem with this BS.. Its all hypocrisy to the extreme. They all want cheap energy, but don't want to use oil. Well a bit of reality here, the first and most harshly effected by any increases in costs for energy are going to be the poorest people first. Businesses can transfer the added cost onto consumers, and the wealthy will have money to pay for the difference. The ones who won't are the poor... Yeah the poor your side claims to be working for....

Its real easy to sit back and take the ideological standpoint when its just an ideological standpoint. When it becomes a way of life or a work in progress the whole perspective changes....

The consensus is that we will always need oil. The debate is over the myriad alternatives to oil instead of relying on that one source. Pay attention. It will reduce your reasons to rant.

This could be bad.

Wouldn't be surprised if the explosion was caused by a bomb planted by an eco-terrorist group.

The leak is bad and its a terrible thing, so what are ya gonna do about? Going to stop using fossil fuels?

Well then turn off your electric, don't eat, drink, use, or purchase anything made from petroleum products, and don't drive a car, ride a train, take a bus, or use any form of transportation other than a horse or your own two feet.... if you do any of those things you are a hypocrite....

Thats the problem with this BS.. Its all hypocrisy to the extreme. They all want cheap energy, but don't want to use oil. Well a bit of reality here, the first and most harshly effected by any increases in costs for energy are going to be the poorest people first. Businesses can transfer the added cost onto consumers, and the wealthy will have money to pay for the difference. The ones who won't are the poor... Yeah the poor your side claims to be working for....

Its real easy to sit back and take the ideological standpoint when its just an ideological standpoint. When it becomes a way of life or a work in progress the whole perspective changes....

The consensus is that we will always need oil. The debate is over the myriad alternatives to oil instead of relying on that one source. Pay attention. It will reduce your reasons to rant.

NO I think you should pay attention.... The fact is synthetic oil is synthetic only in the sense its made by man. it still uses petroleum derived ingredients. So in essence synthetic oil is just better oil as in performance. The truth is no one invented it to end crude oil dependence, nor will it ever lead to any such thing. its made from crude...

please elaborate on that myriad of choices than... I gave specifics and all you have to do is name some of that myriad.....

Four percent is added to my monthly utility bill to help support cow power, which captures methane gas emitted from manure and processed into electricity. It's a hugely expensive procedure, kept going mostly by public support. "Cow power" is but one of many alternative energy sources, which has a dual purpose of also disposing of all that shit that used to get piled up in "manure barns" bigger than the cow barn itself. The salvage following the process is a rich sawdust like material that can be used as bedding for the cows and fertilizer in farm acreage, which is also sold at farmer markets for home gardens as well.

CVPS Cow Power

This could be bad.

While we wait and wait and wait for those alternatives, we shouldn't be the ones taking responsibility and risks. Oh no, no, no. It doesn't matter if we are such huge consumers of the product. Let some other country do the dirty work and make the profits while we go hug the oysters.

Four percent is added to my monthly utility bill to help support cow power, which captures methane gas emitted from manure and processed into electricity. It's a hugely expensive procedure, kept going mostly by public support. "Cow power" is but one of many alternative energy sources, which has a dual purpose of also disposing of all that shit that used to get piled up in "manure barns" bigger than the cow barn itself. The salvage following the process is a rich sawdust like material that can be used as bedding for the cows and fertilizer in farm acreage, which is also sold at farmer markets for home gardens as well.

CVPS Cow Power
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Okay.... Okay all kidding aside for a moment......

That might work in small populations and rural areas, but how is that going to work in places like New York city? Chicago, Indianapolis, cleveland, atlanta, LA, etc etc...

Not a lot of cows in those places, and coincidentally those places use the most electricity..

And you should read what you claim you bought into a little more carefully.... I think you have been misled....

from the link you provided in the faqs section on renewable energy... The question asked if I (customer) will be buying renewable energy.... The reply....

Will I really receive electricity produced from renewable sources?
The electricity delivered under the CVPS Cow Power™ rider will be indistinguishable from other electricity supplied by the company because it is impossible to track the flow of electricity on the regional electric power grid. This is unavoidable because all customers are served through the same transmission and distribution system. Instead, the rider is designed to assure that CVPS Cow Power™ payments support qualifying renewable sources and farm-producers, or are made to the CVPS Renewable Development Fund as approved by state regulators. By participating as a CVPS Cow Power™ customer, you will help create a market for this kind of renewable resource, provide direct incentives to farmers to generate electricity in this way, and supplant other forms of energy generation.

LOL, see that? yeah ya do.... Whats that telling you? Well its telling you, that you are paying them to do something you cannot see the effects of or prove its even doing anything at all. And you have to just trust them.... uh huh......

Also it explains how your money will be used by them and at their discretion to use any way they see fit. All they have to do is show it could be used for renewable energy or that they are working to create renewable energy....

THen the best part, they tell you how your money is going to help create a new market for such and give incentives for farmers to participate..... New market like a carbon trade market the next wall street. And incentives like subsidizing farmers and guaranteeing against losses they may accrue in this endeavor....

WOW! you just bought into the next thing we will see all over the media for corrupt business practices mark my words....

BTW, Got a sweet deal on a barely used bridge in brooklyn to sell....... :lol::lol:

"trust me"

P.S. Burning methane creates CO2 and water vapor... Both greenhouse gases.....

Last edited:

While we wait and wait and wait for those alternatives, we shouldn't be the ones taking responsibility and risks. Oh no, no, no. It doesn't matter if we are such huge consumers of the product. Let some other country do the dirty work and make the profits while we go hug the oysters.

I didn't even mention oysters, and I wasn't talking to you. Personally, I think we do need to drill where known reserves are, such as in the Gulf, even when alternatives are up and running.

CVPS Cow Power

That might work in small populations and rural areas, but how is that going to work in places like New York city? Chicago, Indianapolis, cleveland, atlanta, LA, etc etc...

Not a lot of cows in those places, and coincidentally those places use the most electricity..

And you should read what you claim you bought into a little more carefully.... I think you have been misled....

from the link you provided in the faqs section on renewable energy... The question asked if I (customer) will be buying renewable energy.... The reply....

The electricity delivered under the CVPS Cow Power™ rider will be indistinguishable from other electricity supplied by the company because it is impossible to track the flow of electricity on the regional electric power grid. This is unavoidable because all customers are served through the same transmission and distribution system. Instead, the rider is designed to assure that CVPS Cow Power™ payments support qualifying renewable sources and farm-producers, or are made to the CVPS Renewable Development Fund as approved by state regulators. By participating as a CVPS Cow Power™ customer, you will help create a market for this kind of renewable resource, provide direct incentives to farmers to generate electricity in this way, and supplant other forms of energy generation.

LOL, see that? yeah ya do.... Whats that telling you? Well its telling you, that you are paying them to do something you cannot see the effects of or prove its even doing anything at all. And you have to just trust them.... uh huh......

Also it explains how your money will be used by them and at their discretion to use any way they see fit. All they have to do is show it could be used for renewable energy or that they are working to create renewable energy....

THen the best part, they tell you how your money is going to help create a new market for such and give incentives for farmers to participate..... New market like a carbon trade market the next wall street. And incentives like subsidizing farmers and guaranteeing against losses they may accrue in this endeavor....

WOW! you just bought into the next thing we will see all over the media for corrupt business practices mark my words....

BTW, Got a sweet deal on a barely used bridge in brooklyn to sell....... :lol::lol:

"trust me"

Cow power isn't meant to be THE energy source that will supplant all others; it's only one of many, and you are correct that it works best in rural areas for obvious reasons. I'm also well aware that the cows aren't providing the electricity, duh... and I never SAID that. Again, pay attention to what's written.

That said, ANY alternative solutions are going to need subsidized incentives at the outset. Quit burying your head in the sand. Hell, even the Big Three got subsidies for alternative energy technology until the Dems put the lid on that and redirected that money to growing organizations that actually NEEDED the subsidies.

Last edited:
gslack said:

?Cow Power? Program Converts Animal Waste into Electricity

The process used is a relatively simple one: manure and other agricultural waste is held in underground concrete tanks and kept at 101 degrees Fahrenheit (about 38 degrees Celsius) -- the temperature of a cow’s stomach.

Bacteria digest the stored material, creating methane even as they kill pathogens and weed seeds. The methane, some 20 times more harmful than carbon dioxide in trapping heat in the atmosphere, fuels an engine-generator.

Hmmm.......... Hood Canal Oysters. Camp in one of the many campgrounds along the Hood Canal, walk down to the beach, pick up and schuck the legal amount, and go back to camp and immediatly deep fry them. Some lemon juice, and heaven!

I didn't even mention oysters, and I wasn't talking to you. Personally, I think we do need to drill where known reserves are, such as in the Gulf, even when alternatives are up and running.

I'm not responsible for those who can't grasp sarcasm, and I really don't give a shit who you were talking to.:D

CVPS Cow Power

"trust me"

Cow power isn't meant to be THE energy source that will supplant all others; it's only one of many, and you are correct that it works best in rural areas for obvious reasons. I'm also well aware that the cows aren't providing the electricity, duh... and I never SAID that. Again, pay attention to what's written.

That said, ANY alternative solutions are going to need subsidized incentives at the outset. Quit burying your head in the sand. Hell, even the Big Three got subsidies for alternative energy technology until the Dems put the lid on that and redirected that money to growing organizations that actually NEEDED the subsidies.

I didn't say it was the one to supplant all others, I told you the honest problems and limitations of it...... HUH? No one implied any such thing, maybe you should read it again...

LOL subsidies..... Like the Carbon trade market? yeah maybe you need to remove your head from al gore's butt now.... ANd whether you like to admit it or not, the reality is theat oil companies contribute more money to alternative energy research than perhaps any other private business.... BP, Shell, Exxon, are all prime investors in the carbon trade market, and they are the ones will control things like ethanol. You really need to stop getting your information from the media and do some research.

gslack said:

The process used is a relatively simple one: manure and other agricultural waste is held in underground concrete tanks and kept at 101 degrees Fahrenheit (about 38 degrees Celsius) -- the temperature of a cow’s stomach.

Bacteria digest the stored material, creating methane even as they kill pathogens and weed seeds. The methane, some 20 times more harmful than carbon dioxide in trapping heat in the atmosphere, fuels an engine-generator.

And the burning of that methane creates CO2 and Water vapor just as I said. Both of those gases are number 1 and 2 greenhouse gases...... The process of methane extraction isn't what I was talking about.... now please try and keep up...

gslack said:

Now that I have more time I had to clarify some things....

how is it kept at 101 degrees Fahrenheit? Why i would bet they either have to burn some of the methane they farm in the tanks, or use another fuel source... Like a fossil fuel... yeah...

The methane fuels an engine generator how? Perhaps by burning the methane? And burning the methane produces what exactly? CO2 and Water vapor... Again number 1 and 2 greenhouse gases by volume....

And thats the entire thing in a nutshell... All forms of organic matter when burned will produce CO2, water vapor, and many other gases with varying amounts and degrees of contribution to the greenhouse gas effect that the whole dam thing is claiming they are trying to stop or reduce....

Ethanol? organic.. Methane? Organic... Coal? Organic... oil? you got it, organic.... Whichever you burn for fuel will still release CO2 and water. So all of this is just a way to squeeze money from unsuspecting people.

The government subsidizes nearly every kind of alternative energy concept you can dream up with large grants, tax credits, programs and incentives. They do this because they want to do few things. First to do something they believe to be a good and correct thing to curb fossil fuel emissions, and to get votes for being the thoughtful candidate. And some even do this because they are getting money to push it.

They are told by scientists, AGW is killing the planet. They do what they are told by other scientists and organizations who propose half-thought out ideas like these either out of ignorance or greed. greed on the part of politicians, and the companies, organizations, groups both scientific and non, or the ignorance of them.

Groups and various others use these programs and monies to create crap like cow power. The fact it contributes to CO2 and water vapor as well as many other GHG's is lost in the mix. THey either do not take the time to notice, or are to greedy to care and want the money.

Burning bio-matter be it recycled vegetable oil, bio-diesel, ethanol, methane, coal, or Crude oil, will release more GHG's particularly the two most dominant CO2 and water vapor. Using these so-called alternatives is not going to change the CO2 we create, if anything it will create more. The fact is all of those alternatives are grossly inefficient in comparison to coal, oil, and nuclear. meaning to get the same work or energy from them will require much more burning of that alternative fuel source. Releasing more CO2 and water vapor...

And that is the reality none who back this garbage want to face. its a scam and will be worse than the current problem.

I hope some of you start to think these things through more thoroughly soon....

There is nothing more efficient than energy conservation.

And that is the reality none who back your garbage want to face.

Forum List

Back