Would you join the resistence?

Would you join the resitence against an invading enemy?

• Yes

Votes: 28 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Depends (please explain)

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters

Semper Fi

VIP Member
Nov 25, 2003
Wisconsin
If the USA was invaded by a foreign enemy, like in the story of "Red Dawn". I would, I'd be out with my .22 and .45 and surplus Army gear.

Wouldn't hesitate to engage in guerilla warfare against an invading enemy. My knives are always sharp.

But what if the enemy is homegrown?

It depends... on what is meant by "resistance." Being a woman, I would probably pick up my kids and flee. But, if I could help in any other way, caring for the injured, in a supply chain, etc, I would.

If I was a single guy, I would definitely join.

Semper Fi said:
If the USA was invaded by a foreign enemy, like in the story of "Red Dawn".

Someone invade America? "I pity the foo". :D

Without hesitation I'd fight. I have a small arsenal of weapons, and enough ammo to keep shooting for months.

Pale Rider said:
Someone invade America? "I pity the foo". :D

Without hesitation I'd fight. I have a small arsenal of weapons, and enough ammo to keep shooting for months.
Same for me. One being a 7mm mag with scope fired once, it needs used. It would be a great snipper rifle.:D

Bullypulpit said:
Wouldn't hesitate to engage in guerilla warfare against an invading enemy. My knives are always sharp.

But what if the enemy is homegrown?

Foreign was the keyword there. However, if an organized rebel group amassed to the point where it was a security crisis, i suppose that would count too.

I'm glad to see the results, by the way.

Semper Fi said:
Foreign was the keyword there. However, if an organized rebel group amassed to the point where it was a security crisis, i suppose that would count too.

I'm glad to see the results, by the way.

You forgot to put up the ability to select "HELL YES!"

:)

Two words for ANY country that wants to try and do a land invasion on USA Soil w/ their army:

BRING IT!

most "Cops" and former are vets and have quite a arsenal at home...like the song goes..."Bad boy-bad boy-whatcha gonna do when they come for you"
:terror:

I'd be more than willing to defend my country were it invaded unless I knew that this invasion would somehow be for the betterment (fat chance) of the USA.

If anyone were to attack the US, I'd use my feeble strength to resist. When my kids were little, I would have brought them to the safest place I could, but now they are old enough to help or pay the price.

Semper Fi said:
if an organized rebel group amassed to the point where it was a security crisis, i suppose that would count too.

Back in 1776 they were called the Continental Army. How would you know the "rebels" weren't the true patriots, and those with their filthy hands on the levers of "official" government weren't the true foreign enemy?

William Joyce said:
Back in 1776 they were called the Continental Army. How would you know the "rebels" weren't the true patriots, and those with their filthy hands on the levers of "official" government weren't the true foreign enemy?

Good question. The difference between now and 1776, America as we know it was under tyrannical leadership of a monarchy and a parliament,which was oppresing the colonists. The Continental Army went on to gain independence adn create a Democratic Republic as we know it today. Unless the United States' citizens were under oppression by their government, which we are not, and we favored a better form of government, which some may, then it would be the same thing. but it is not, and right now the only reason to be called to arms in a matter of citizenship would be defense against a foreign enemy, or if the government suddenly oppressed us. Thanks to the two-party system, I don't believe that will happen during our lifetimes.

Kagom said:
I'd be more than willing to defend my country were it invaded unless I knew that this invasion would somehow be for the betterment (fat chance) of the USA.

I'm kind of at a lose here trying to figure out your response kag.

Do you mean like... if we were invade by... people from outer space or something?

I ask because I can't imagine any other cenario considering all the countries on earth. There isn't one that could "better" America by invading it. Just look at Mexico. They're invading America with the help of the President, and that sure the hell isn't for the better.

Alright.

Semper Fi said:
The difference between now and 1776, America as we know it was under tyrannical leadership of a monarchy and a parliament,which was oppresing the colonists.

The average colonialist under British rule at its worst had lower taxes, more self-government and more liberty than the average American today. A colonialist had full rights to organize and take up arms against Indians, French --- whoever was actually physically attacking them. I'm not second-guessing the American revolution here, just making the comparison. If an illegal alien Mexican were in the middle of raping your wife, YOU COULDN'T DO JACK SHIT ABOUT IT, JACK. IF YOU SO MUCH AS TOLD HIM TO STOP, YOUR OWN GOVERNMENT WOULD THROW YOU IN JAIL FOR A HATE CRIME.

That's not liberty. That's tyranny.

Thanks to the two-party system, I don't believe that will happen during our lifetimes.

Oh boy. The two-party system is part of the problem. Tweedle-dee and tweedle-dum just trade places every few years. They're both beholden to the same special interests. There are no real differences. But since it's winner-take-all for a seat, everything sinks to the lowest common denominator. Whoever's the biggest suck-up to the special interests, whoever takes the "safest" position on all issues, that's who wins. That isn't liberty by any definition I can think of.

Washington, Madison, Jefferson, Adams, Paine, the other Adams --- these guy would either puke, laugh or cry to see what we consider "freedom" today.

William Joyce said:
Alright.

The average colonialist under British rule at its worst had lower taxes, more self-government and more liberty than the average American today. A colonialist had full rights to organize and take up arms against Indians, French --- whoever was actually physically attacking them. I'm not second-guessing the American revolution here, just making the comparison. If an illegal alien Mexican were in the middle of raping your wife, YOU COULDN'T DO JACK SHIT ABOUT IT, JACK. IF YOU SO MUCH AS TOLD HIM TO STOP, YOUR OWN GOVERNMENT WOULD THROW YOU IN JAIL FOR A HATE CRIME.

That's not liberty. That's tyranny.

And if you don't believe it, just look at the example of the land owner that tried to protect his home against two invading illegal aliens down in Arizona. They took his land from him and gave it to the illegals.

(That still makes me so mad I could spit bullets.)

William Joyce said:
Oh boy. The two-party system is part of the problem. Tweedle-dee and tweedle-dum just trade places every few years. They're both beholden to the same special interests. There are no real differences. But since it's winner-take-all for a seat, everything sinks to the lowest common denominator. Whoever's the biggest suck-up to the special interests, whoever takes the "safest" position on all issues, that's who wins. That isn't liberty by any definition I can think of.

Washington, Madison, Jefferson, Adams, Paine, the other Adams --- these guy would either puke, laugh or cry to see what we consider "freedom" today.

Ain't it the truth.

Semper Fi said:
Good question. The difference between now and 1776, America as we know it was under tyrannical leadership of a monarchy and a parliament,which was oppresing the colonists. The Continental Army went on to gain independence adn create a Democratic Republic as we know it today. Unless the United States' citizens were under oppression by their government, which we are not, and we favored a better form of government, which some may, then it would be the same thing. but it is not, and right now the only reason to be called to arms in a matter of citizenship would be defense against a foreign enemy, or if the government suddenly oppressed us. Thanks to the two-party system, I don't believe that will happen during our lifetimes.

Your assumptions and conclusions are narrow and restrictive ......for instance ....unless US citizens were under oppresion by their government, which they are not.......well I can name a number of instances where citizens feel that government policy is unfair, intrusive, generally what one might term oppressive. Smokers want the right to smoke in your face, enviornmentalists want to curb or at least clean up the act of big biz, some dont want the government , some dont want the church to dictate what is taught in our public schools, try being black for a day.....I could go on and I hope eventually I would be able to hit something of concern to you. Anyway you should not deal in such absolutes and extremes .....
I dont think we will meet an enemy face to face, I know that there are those who would do us harm, ALREADY, and I think an attack will be as viscious and as bizarre as what has already been done. It is ironic that the freedom we hold so dear is being eroded by our attempts to keep us free! If we live by our fears rather than belief in ourselves we are a lost cause. If you havent gotten out and protested something in the last year find a cause and go out and be counted.

sagegirl said:
Your assumptions and conclusions are narrow and restrictive ......for instance ....unless US citizens were under oppresion by their government, which they are not.......well I can name a number of instances where citizens feel that government policy is unfair, intrusive, generally what one might term oppressive. Smokers want the right to smoke in your face, enviornmentalists want to curb or at least clean up the act of big biz, some dont want the government , some dont want the church to dictate what is taught in our public schools, try being black for a day.....I could go on and I hope eventually I would be able to hit something of concern to you. Anyway you should not deal in such absolutes and extremes .....
I dont think we will meet an enemy face to face, I know that there are those who would do us harm, ALREADY, and I think an attack will be as viscious and as bizarre as what has already been done. It is ironic that the freedom we hold so dear is being eroded by our attempts to keep us free! If we live by our fears rather than belief in ourselves we are a lost cause. If you havent gotten out and protested something in the last year find a cause and go out and be counted.
Spoken like a true LIB! That song "Feelings" had to be written just for you guys...You know the words; "nothing more than feelings".

Now, would you join, or march around like a target? :)

Forum List

Back