-Stock price declined from $1.50 to present .62 a share
-Revenue down over 14% in last quarter
-Book value at .27/share
-Lost $8.7M last quarter
-Gross margins of -113%

NO
I stay away from bullshit stocks with prices way under $10 share
Mostly blue chips for me, college recruits and stocks

I'm out of the stock market until they eliminate naked short-selling. With the economy tanking you'd think the dems would do SOMETHING to keep the market from crashing?!

NO

Too bad. Because YOU"VE ALREADY INVESTED!
Wis. factory hosting Obama got $1.3M federal loan - Yahoo! Finance
Go look up ZBB, that's the ticker.

What a fine use of stimulus money. This is what happens when gov't wants to pick winners and losers in the economy.

You are on the ball there Rabbi...

In an $800 billion Stimulus you come up with $1.3 million for a Wisconsin Company.

Got something against helping out small business? I guess you would have them all fail.

So Stimulus money was only supposed to go to companies that don't need it?

Thank god Rabbi is saving us from this..

The company makes batteries and "intelligent" power systems that are designed for renewable-energy and other projects.

ZBB had received a $1.3 million federal stimulus loan. The company is using the money for a factory renovation that officials say will triple its manufacturing capacity.

The company has about 30 full-time employees. It says the project will enable it to keep nearly a dozen workers on the job, and it hopes to hire about 80 new workers over time.

NO

What a fine use of stimulus money. This is what happens when gov't wants to pick winners and losers in the economy.

In an $800 billion Stimulus you come up with $1.3 million for a Wisconsin Company.

Got something against helping out small business? I guess you would have them all fail.

the thing is, giving a bad company $1.3 million might keep people in a job for a few months, but if its a bad company, it's gonna fail. why waste the money?

but you're right, it feels good to help out that company. you can pat yourself on the back and say, "look, i helped out that company. i'm a good person."

what will you say when they file for bankruptcy in 12 months?

More money for me, I'll buy the blue chippers. The gready neocons will be back in after it's apparent the sky is not falling then boom back to the good ole day's./not boy's

NO

They've actually gotten way more than 1.3M. But that's irrelevant.
What is relevant is the gov't using taxpayer money to support a business that is merely politically popular, not economically viable. And of course a good part of that went for salaries, keeping their CEO in his job, along with other execs.
You don't want your tax dollars going to support rich CEOs?
Well, the Democratic party sez, Fuck You!

the thing is, giving a bad company $1.3 million might keep people in a job for a few months, but if its a bad company, it's gonna fail. why waste the money?

but you're right, it feels good to help out that company. you can pat yourself on the back and say, "look, i helped out that company. i'm a good person."

You guys used the same argument when we bailed out GM

retards no wonder your not rich.
Republicans don't do that with $5,000 hammer's in the military.

I buy good companies regardless of which clown is currently in the Oval office.
But shit that was funny.

You guys used the same argument when we bailed out GM

Still a valid argument.
And when will we stop bailing out Freddie/Fannie?

The company makes batteries and "intelligent" power systems that are designed for renewable-energy and other projects.

ZBB had received a $1.3 million federal stimulus loan. The company is using the money for a factory renovation that officials say will triple its manufacturing capacity.

The company has about 30 full-time employees. It says the project will enable it to keep nearly a dozen workers on the job, and it hopes to hire about 80 new workers over time.

I would have liked more of the Stimulus going to small companies struggling to keep their heads above water in a tough economy. Makes more sense than the monstrosity we ended up with dumping money on tax cuts (to appease Republicans who wouldn't vote for it anyway) and States who screamed they didn't want it then bragged about the money they brought in (Jindall, Stanford)

I would have liked the stimulus money going to lower taxes that would encourage saving and investing instead of going to companies and municipalities that encourage waste and fraud.
But you're all for waste and fraud, right Nutwinger?

How many jobs did this money create?

How many jobs did this money create?

None.
However many employees are still on the payroll, there are probably that many laid off elsewhere because of high taxes that the gov't will need to collect to give to this company, which does not have a viable business plan.
Gov't does not give money. It only redistributes it from more productive to less productive entities.

So these are the "saved jobs" I hear so much about???
:D

If they existed prior to Obama coming into office and still exist today then they are by definition "saved". So really anyone working continuously from before the inauguration until now owes his job to Obama.
That's how he sees it anyway.

Would you invest in a company with the following characteristics:
-Stock price declined from $1.50 to present .62 a share
-Revenue down over 14% in last quarter
-Book value at .27/share
-Lost $8.7M last quarter
-Gross margins of -113%

Smart investors buy stocks that have declined and the books look bad.
Dumb investors buy stocks that have been rising and have great numbers.
Buy low, sell high is the only way to make real $ in the market. Mutual funds and buying the designer stocks is for suckers.
Remember, buy low and sell high.

Forum List

Back