Would you inform on a benefits cheat?

Another example of Shogun being an intellectually dishonest asshole. What part about HIGHER FUCKING PRICES don't you understand? Are you going to stand there and claim that music labels don't raise prices to offset the impact of your piracy? You are the biggest fucking hypocrite here...by a country mile.

um...don't you advocate ripping off artists?

:cuckoo:

Or, they take someone along to point out what THEY want, purchase 400 dollars in food, and sell it all for 200 bucks CASH in the parking lot. it's fucked up. THis is why id remove welfare bennys from chain stores and stock local food banks with generic items where those with food stamp cards get dibs on the limited goods.

Somewhere, there is a kid having to eat like an etheopian because some asshole wants to defraud the welfare system. Also, this kind of shit fuels the people who are flat out aGAISNT welfare. I WANT a social net in America... but, Im not willing to let some jackoff rationalize his inflated lifestyle because he cant see beyond his flat screen tv.

Last edited:
um...don't you advocate ripping off artists?

:cuckoo:

you mean artists like the latest mtv product of the day or actual ARTISTS?

again, take me on with the music.. PLEASE do. Me and Thom Yorke will show you why your position falls flat on it's ass.

and thats the thing.. he wants his welfare cheese and and wants to eat it too. AND, apparently, he wants the cheese that the rest of the block gets to feed THEIR kids because HE wants some fucking nikes.

I'd start hunting down those who sell their food stamps and finish up removing welfare recipients from national food chains. Food banks and generic items only. Im just not interested in hearing about how you DESERVE gold teeth and a case of beer while on welfare. go get a fucking job. That doesn't cut it? Get TWO jobs and raise your kids to do better than your piece of shit self.

Don't let it get to you Shogun, I only posed the question I didn't mean for you to start your own crusade against the disenfrachised trying to survive.

I don't think music pirating is costing the industry that much money. .

It does. It cuts into the record companies profits, which results in them not showcasing upcoming artists. It hurts the newbies more than the established artists. But every penny stolen is out of someone else's pocket.

Don't let it get to you Shogun, I only posed the question I didn't mean for you to start your own crusade against the disenfrachised trying to survive.

DISENFRANCHISED? How? You can't get a fucking job? Are your fingers broke and you can't fill out an application? TRYING TO SURVIVE? How? Be fraud? By living above the lifestyle you can afford by your own legal effort? Perhaps you should climb down off of your alter to yourself, dude, and figure out that nothing is for free even if it comes stamped from the .gov at the first of the month.

It does. It cuts into the record companies profits, which results in them not showcasing upcoming artists. It hurts the newbies more than the established artists. But every penny stolen is out of someone else's pocket.

prove it. you post your evidence and I'll post mine. The Larz Ulrich speach results in albums like St Anger. Feel free to figure out why it is an extravagant lifestyle, NOT music quality, that you support.

Critical reception

In Rainbows received widespread critical acclaim upon its release, earning a rating of 88 out of 100 on Metacritic.[59] Rolling Stone gave the album four and a half stars. Reviewer Rob Sheffield summarised the album as containing "No wasted moments, no weak tracks: just primo Radiohead."[60] A review by NME described the album as "Radiohead reconnecting with their human sides, realising you [can] embrace pop melodies and proper instruments while still sounding like paranoid androids ... this [is] otherworldly music, alright."[61] All Music Guide, in a positive review, noted that the album "will hopefully be remembered as Radiohead's most stimulating synthesis of accessible songs and abstract sounds, rather than their first pick-your-price download."[62] Entertainment Weekly was also appreciative, calling the album "the gentlest, prettiest Radiohead set yet ... [it uses] the full musical and emotional spectra to conjure breathtaking beauty".[63] Various reviewers, such as The Guardian's Alexis Petridis, attributed the album's quality to the band's performance in the studio, claiming that the band sounded like they were enjoying themselves.[64] Others, such as Billboard's Jonathan Cohen, commended the album on not being overshadowed by its marketing hype.[65]

Blender's review, although mostly positive, commented on the album's lack of warmth, saying that it seemed "to be primarily composed of love songs ... that are starving for human connection but generate all the interpersonal warmth of a GPS system".[66] Dusted was particularly negative, stating "[the songs] mostly seem like the byproduct of jams ... [which] doesn't play to [Radiohead's] strengths, which are Yorke's voice and their twisting chord progressions and melodies. Those things are both present on In Rainbows, but they're undercooked."[67] The Wire was also critical of the album, noting that "there is ... a sense here of a group magisterially marking time, shying away ... from any grand, rhetorical, countercultural purpose."[68] Yet cumulatively, the album was ranked as one of the best albums of 2007 by many music publications.[69] It came in at the top spot in Billboard, Mojo and PopMatters' list. NME and The A.V. Club ranked the album third in their lists, Pitchfork and Q placed it fourth, while Rolling Stone and Spin ranked it sixth.[69]

In Rainbows - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How much did you pay for this album.

Also, by distributing under this model there is NO PRODUCTION cost for packaging. NO need for pretty little jewelboxes or lame fucking fashion statements.

Last edited:
DISENFRANCHISED? How? You can't get a fucking job? Are your fingers broke and you can't fill out an application? TRYING TO SURVIVE? How? Be fraud? By living above the lifestyle you can afford by your own legal effort? Perhaps you should climb down off of your alter to yourself, dude, and figure out that nothing is for free even if it comes stamped from the .gov at the first of the month.

Your rants seem to deliberately assume I am talking about benefit fraud as a career, you also assume it has to do with selling food stamps instead of using them for their intended purpose .I am beginning to wonder whether personal experience has blighted your opinion somewhat, you have a closed mind on the subject.You never seem to sway from your examples.

I would refuse state funded welfare if I was receiving income. I dunno, I have this strange desire to be self sufficient without relying on the state to facilitate my lifestyle. weird, I know.

Which is admirable, and as a single man, you really aren't eligible for anything except for foodstamps.

But people with kids should be able to feed them, if the program is there. I certainly am not a huge proponent of welfare and state funding for bad behavior, but I've seen too many people who are hard working people whose lives are made bearable by the fact that they can get medication and food for their kids, thanks to the state.

Or, they take someone along to point out what THEY want, purchase 400 dollars in food, and sell it all for 200 bucks CASH in the parking lot. it's fucked up. THis is why id remove welfare bennys from chain stores and stock local food banks with generic items where those with food stamp cards get dibs on the limited goods.

Somewhere, there is a kid having to eat like an etheopian because some asshole wants to defraud the welfare system. Also, this kind of shit fuels the people who are flat out aGAISNT welfare. I WANT a social net in America... but, Im not willing to let some jackoff rationalize his inflated lifestyle because he cant see beyond his flat screen tv.

There aren't enough of them to justify penalizing the ones who need and use the system legally.

prove it. you post your evidence and I'll post mine. The Larz Ulrich speach results in albums like St Anger. Feel free to figure out why it is an extravagant lifestyle, NOT music quality, that you support.

Personal experience. One day, when you're finished stealing from the artists, record labels, production companies, touring companies, and the rest of the music business the question will become moot.

Next, why don't you start stealing out of the farmer's fields so they'll end up giving us free food?

Your rants seem to deliberately assume I am talking about benefit fraud as a career, you also assume it has to do with selling food stamps instead of using them for their intended purpose .I am beginning to wonder whether personal experience has blighted your opinion somewhat, you have a closed mind on the subject.You never seem to sway from your examples.

AND, you've never clarified besides tapdancing around specifics. career or not, taking fraudulent advantage of a social program meant to alleviate poverty is pretty low. Condemn me for mp3s that cheat another ashlee simpson from following in her teeny pop sisters footsteps all you want... but I pay my taxes and will never be on welfare nor will I shrug off abusing a system meant to help people who actually need it. People HATE the welfare system because of the type of shit you wantonly disregard.

There aren't enough of them to justify penalizing the ones who need and use the system legally.

bullshit. do you know this for a fact or are you assuming as much. I've posted the website for welfare fraud.. maybe you can email them and ask what the scope of their responsibilities are.

Personal experience. One day, when you're finished stealing from the artists, record labels, production companies, touring companies, and the rest of the music business the question will become moot.

Next, why don't you start stealing out of the farmer's fields so they'll end up giving us free food?

I guess if farmers were producing the shit we see pumped out of mtv you'd have a point. Your personal experience, eh? oooook.

:thup:

Hypocrite this, Ravi.

This seems to be what you think an ARTIST is

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jaK-Z6dLrQM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jaK-Z6dLrQM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaK-Z6dLrQM]YouTube - Ashley Simpson SNL Live [Pieces of Me][/ame]

Now why would you think only trash comes out of newb music?

You really don't know what you're talking about.

Regardless, stealing is stealing no matter how you justify it.

it's not "NEW' music that facilitates the trash. It's the mtv trash that you are told is "cool" despite the talentless shit that it is. All via bloated labels whose bankroll is no longer facilitated thanks to new technology.

but hey, if you want to use mp3 pirates to rationalize hocking food stamps in the parking lot then so be it.

bullshit. do you know this for a fact or are you assuming as much. I've posted the website for welfare fraud.. maybe you can email them and ask what the scope of their responsibilities are.

As I've been trying to illustrate, what people perceive as fraud and actual fraud are two different things.

There are actual scammers who make a living out of screwing the system....but they aren't the same people who make a few bucks moving furniture for somebody on the weekend and don't rush to their worker on Monday to report it...so they can have their foodstamps cut by exactly that amount, and then find out they didn't have to report it in the first place, but since they DID report it, we're obligated to cut their bennies.

Forum List

Back