Would you inform on a benefits cheat?

People who understand the economic consequences of the hand-out spending would be the ones who would most likely say NO to the cash in that situation.

Otherwise, it's pretty easy to assume that ones who don't realize how the spending is killing this country would love to take as much "free money" as they can get.

I don't agree, I believe 99% of people would take the cash and say nothing.I also believe it takes a special kind of bastard to get on the phone and inform on people for doing so.The biggest reasons for snitching are personal and vindictive toward those they are trying to fuck up and have very little to do with being a good citizen.

Once again. Need is determined by gross income, and you can be working and working hard and still come in at 185 percent of the fdl and receive benefits.

Someone who's working under the table can't afford $400/month in insurance and $400 (at least) a month for food to feed a family of, say, 4.

The question at hand was, if the person took a job for cash, should they report it.

If the person was not eligible for benefits when they were originally employed on the books, then what is the difference if they later take a similar job for cash?

I mean, it's a vague question to begin with because without using direct numbers anything can be assumed and inferred.

Basically, my point is if the cash job meets the income of your original employment, then you don't need the benefits, and would be denied them as such.

I don't always look at it based on poverty levels. You can be at or below the poverty level and still not need the benefits to survive, if you are living within your means. It all changes for me when there are children involved, though. It makes a hell of a lot more sense to accept benefits to at least be able to feed your kids.

I'm willing to bet, regardless of qualification status, that most people receiving benefits could make adjustments in their lives to where they wouldn't even need them to survive and make a living. People did it before the New Deal, and there's no reason they can't now.

Another example of Shogun being an intellectually dishonest asshole. What part about HIGHER FUCKING PRICES don't you understand? Are you going to stand there and claim that music labels don't raise prices to offset the impact of your piracy? You are the biggest fucking hypocrite here...by a country mile.

um, no. not at all. You are not paying for a better product. You are paying for a lavish lifestyle. go ask willie fucking nelson all about being a musician and maintaining that rock and roll lifestyle. Indeed, defend the music business some more, dude. I;ll pulverize you with the latest Metallica cd and Radiohead examples.

I don't agree, I believe 99% of people would take the cash and say nothing.I also believe it takes a special kind of bastard to get on the phone and inform on people for doing so.The biggest reasons for snitching are personal and vindictive toward those they are trying to fuck up and have very little to do with being a good citizen.

well, what you believe and what is the truth are probably strangers. You may think im a bastard for ratting you out. Well, guess what i think you are for mooching off of a system meant to help those who actually need it.

HA!

yea, uh, the "good" citizen would just ignore the asshole who takes from coffers meant to feed people because he wants rims for his shitty ltd. gimme a fucking break.

dude, you don't know shit about me. It's exactly BECAUSE i was raised on government chease and peanut butter that I refuse to make excuses for defrauding a system meant to help those who actually need it.

If you are working for cash you are not in need of welfare. I suggest you figure out how to live without cable and clohtes from the mall.

You must be one of those special kind of bastards I mentioned.I have been self employed for many a year, I do some jobs for cash and fail to declare it therefore I am defrauding the taxman,I wish I was perfect just like you but sadly, I am not.

And Mani, CD's seem to be costing around $15 still. I can't remember the last time they cost less on average, and I can remember back before file-sharing started.

I don't think music pirating is costing the industry that much money. I'm in the music business as a side gig, and I know first hand that unit sales mean very little to your overall success. If you want to make it in the music biz, you have to become a store. Your albums are only ONE item in your inventory.

Since file sharing began, we've heard about artists making historic profits on a year to year basis. 50 Cent, for instance, doesn't need album sales to keep him rich. Neither does Metallica.

I suggest you watch Wesley Snipes's case very VERY carefully. And, Willie too. From my perspective, you are the scandelous fuck who is cheating the tax system in which we ALL have to contribute. In other words, you don't pay your dues and it's a shame you even get to vote.

perhaps you should have put a little more effort into investing in yourself rather than making excuses for your situation. I came from dirt poor white trash strait from depression era poverty and was able to become lucrative enough to keep from cheating the tax system while avoiding welfare. Again, I bet jacks, joes and domineos that you are trying to maintain a lifestyle that you simply cant afford. It's not the state's job to keep your cable bill paid.

Last edited:
I suggest you watch Wesley Snipes's case very VERY carefully. And, Willie too. From my perspective, you are the scandelous fuck who is cheating the tax system in which we ALL have to contribute. In other words, you don't pay your dues and it's a shame you even get to vote.

I beg to differ, I feel I pay more than my fair share of dues Father Shogun, do you mind if refer to you as Padre from here on in, you could be in line for sainthood, St Shogun sounds about right for you.

You must be one of those special kind of bastards I mentioned.I have been self employed for many a year, I do some jobs for cash and fail to declare it therefore I am defrauding the taxman,I wish I was perfect just like you but sadly, I am not.

You not reporting some of your gains has nothing to do with welfare.

But make sure you understand...someone in the US not contributing their "fair share" is probably helping to assist in the budget deficit, and actually taking a certain bit of money out of the pockets of the "entitled".

You can't cheat taxes, and then complain that people should be able to cheat welfare. That entire argument is counter-productive in itself.

Last edited:
And Mani, CD's seem to be costing around $15 still. I can't remember the last time they cost less on average, and I can remember back before file-sharing started.

I don't think music pirating is costing the industry that much money. I'm in the music business as a side gig, and I know first hand that unit sales mean very little to your overall success. If you want to make it in the music biz, you have to become a store. Your albums are only ONE item in your inventory.

Since file sharing began, we've heard about artists making historic profits on a year to year basis. 50 Cent, for instance, doesn't need album sales to keep him rich. Neither does Metallica.

THAT is exactly it. NOT TO MENTION that Radiohead and Trent Reznor pretty much proved that a good product results in people buying their albums.

two words, mani:

ST ANGER.

I beg to differ, I feel I pay more than my fair share of dues Father Shogun, do you mind if refer to you as Padre from here on in, you could be in line for sainthood, St Shogun sounds about right for you.

well dude, I mean, you can start talking shit if you feel this incompetent in making a case for your fraud but we all know I swim in those waters better than anyone here so.. feel free.

And, I don't care what YOU think you contribute when your very own testimony proves otherwise. Like I said, cut the cable and chrome rims if you can't afford food for your family. Your fucked up priorities are not the ward of the state.

You not reporting some of your gains has nothing to do with welfare.

I can't speak for Shogun in THAT case, but personally, I don't find the current tax laws to be fair. I've educated myself enough on the subject that I've realized that not reporting some gains is hurting no one except the IRS, who probably shouldn't exist in their current state to begin with.

But make sure you understand...someone in the US not contributing their "fair share" is probably helping to assist in the budget deficit, and actually taking a certain bit of money out of the pockets of the "entitled".

You can't cheat taxes, and then complain that people should be able to cheat welfare. That entire argument is counter-productive in itself.

I know it has gone a bit off topic but St Shogun decided welfare fraud was as criminal as murder or rape so I decided to expand it a little cos I like to see him mad.

As far as tax fraud and benefit fraud go, I see very little difference.

I submit that this supports my point. Technology advances have greatly reduced production costs. The prices should be dropping, but they are not.

The bottom line concept is that the cost of any of these forms of theft is borne ultimately by joe q. public. To arbitrarily revile some while defending others is hypocritical.

well dude, I mean, you can start talking shit if you feel this incompetent in making a case for your fraud but we all know I swim in those waters better than anyone here so.. feel free.

And, I don't care what YOU think you contribute when your very own testimony proves otherwise. Like I said, cut the cable and chrome rims if you can't afford food for your family. Your fucked up priorities are not the ward of the state.

We did that once before and you took a roasting, so I don't think we'll go that route this time because I quite like your mood based opinions, and I made this as a serious thread.I thank you for your input, it has been invaluable.

But you're advocating both. When you put them both together, you have budget deficits, and money supply expansion to keep up the pace.

Reminds me a lot of the U.S. right now. Too much going out, not enough coming in. That destroys nations.

A person NEEDS food, water, clothing, and shelter. I may be willing to throw transportation in there, considering the current day. Everything else however, is excess.

If your income is not providing you with those basic things, then you deserve to receive benefits. If you make just enough to realize the basic necessities, and you are buying brand name clothes, jewelry, digital cable with Tivo, internet, drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, a hat collection, going to concerts, etc...then you don't need welfare. You simply need to cut your lifestyle down and learn budgeting.

I know it has gone a bit off topic but St Shogun decided welfare fraud was as criminal as murder or rape so I decided to expand it a little cos I like to see him mad.

of COURSE you see a big difference; you are a fucking scheister. Welfare fraud COSTS the state and robs efforts to feed people who actually need it beyond making excuses for their inflated lifestyle. You may very well be a piece of shit that doesn't care that a kid can't get nourishment because you want to sell your bennys for handjob money. Fair enough. Not every American is a decent citizen. In your case, you fit squarely in the piece of shit catagory because of your excuses for your personal underachievement.

We did that once before and you took a roasting, so I don't think we'll go that route this time because I quite like your mood based opinions, and I made this as a serious thread.I thank you for your input, it has been invaluable.

HA!

yea, I took a "roasting" much like you are a "tax paying citizen". Again, if your position is so weak that you have to run to the shit talking feel free. I don't know if you've caught on yet but I LIKE talking shit.

You may think your own shit don't stink, buddy, but when you are trying to use social programs as your ass paper don't be shocked when someone busts your ass for trying to steal the whole roll.

If your income is not providing you with those basic things, then you deserve to receive benefits. If you make just enough to realize the basic necessities, and you are buying brand name clothes, jewelry, digital cable with Tivo, internet, drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, a hat collection, going to concerts, etc...then you don't need welfare. You simply need to cut your lifestyle down and learn budgeting.

and thats the thing.. he wants his welfare cheese and and wants to eat it too. AND, apparently, he wants the cheese that the rest of the block gets to feed THEIR kids because HE wants some fucking nikes.

I'd start hunting down those who sell their food stamps and finish up removing welfare recipients from national food chains. Food banks and generic items only. Im just not interested in hearing about how you DESERVE gold teeth and a case of beer while on welfare. go get a fucking job. That doesn't cut it? Get TWO jobs and raise your kids to do better than your piece of shit self.

But you're advocating both. When you put them both together, you have budget deficits, and money supply expansion to keep up the pace.

Reminds me a lot of the U.S. right now. Too much going out, not enough coming in. That destroys nations.

A person NEEDS food, water, clothing, and shelter. I may be willing to throw transportation in there, considering the current day. Everything else however, is excess.

They go hand in hand, all income is subject to tax and is also considered while benefits are being evaluated, if someone if cheating welfare they are also cheating the taxman and vice versa.

Like I have said in an earlier post, it is easy when you have all these things to tell those that have nothing that they don't need them.My question is, if you knew for a fact someone was committing benefit fraud, would you inform on them and why?What would influence your decision making, bearing in mind the many different possible scenarios.It is obvious Shogun leaves no room for doubt but I believe most others would consider all the facts and mitigating circumstances before possibly compounding the mysery of others.

and thats the thing.. he wants his welfare cheese and and wants to eat it too. AND, apparently, he wants the cheese that the rest of the block gets to feed THEIR kids because HE wants some fucking nikes.

I'd start hunting down those who sell their food stamps and finish up removing welfare recipients from national food chains. Food banks and generic items only. Im just not interested in hearing about how you DESERVE gold teeth and a case of beer while on welfare. go get a fucking job. That doesn't cut it? Get TWO jobs and raise your kids to do better than your piece of shit self.

I hear ya.

With food stamps, you can not purchase a protein bar from the supermarket. I suppose that's considered an unnecessary item. But you CAN purchase however much king crab legs as you want from the seafood section. Because, how does one possibly survive without the savory goodness of the Alaskan King Crab...:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back