Would you have aborted her?

I find it funny how many people condemn me for politicizing a tradegy when all I did is ask a question about a real child.. 45,000 people die due to lack of insurance but because they don't have a name or a face, many of you can ignore it.. Many of those 45,000 dead were children.. Since our nation has the highest infant mortality raite, many of them babies.. All ignored because you can't see a name or a face, or where they are from.. Which is why many of you on the right are hypocrits..

As for aborting her? Even though her life was short, she had a right to live her life.. But I wouldn't have condemned the mother if she had chosen an abortion either.. It had to be tough on the parents to watch their child grow up and die..

So what about the second question?? She had no genitals or female organs.. Was she a female or male??

This goes to the gay marriage arguement.. Can a person be genetically one sex while physically another??

45,000 die for lack of insurance, a case by case study of this statistic would demonstrate the truth, the figure alone is simple political propaganda.

Gay marriage arguement, at first i thought you opened a serious debate but you cant seem to focus on your own topic.

Maybe your thread was just a poor attempt at expressing your politcal views.

Adults do not have a right to decide which babies live or die. You take a chance when you have sex, maybe you create a child, maybe not, that is why and what our sexual organs are for, making kids.

Adults have a proven history of doing the wrong thing and second guessing is one of our worst traits.

Once the woman is pregnant no adult has a right to stop life at any stage of development.

Do we allow for a medical emergency, of course.

What should not be allowed is the adults who make bad decisions to make additional bad decisions.

The law disagrees with you.

So what your saying is everything man does according to US law is right? I am glad you believe Bush was right killing the people of Iraq.

xÞx;1651528 said:
Yes, I would have.

Would you care to share your reason(s)?

It's an extremely defective child. If I can avoid having an extremely defective child I will. It's that simple to me.

Just goes to show you its harder to abort an extremely defective mind. Too bad, if we could abort defective minds we would not have ugly ignorant posts.

So dumbass aborts a defective child and the perfect child is stuck with a defective parent such as Article 15, isnt irony funny.

Last edited:
45,000 die for lack of insurance, a case by case study of this statistic would demonstrate the truth, the figure alone is simple political propaganda.

Gay marriage arguement, at first i thought you opened a serious debate but you cant seem to focus on your own topic.

Maybe your thread was just a poor attempt at expressing your politcal views.

Adults do not have a right to decide which babies live or die. You take a chance when you have sex, maybe you create a child, maybe not, that is why and what our sexual organs are for, making kids.

Adults have a proven history of doing the wrong thing and second guessing is one of our worst traits.

Once the woman is pregnant no adult has a right to stop life at any stage of development.

Do we allow for a medical emergency, of course.

What should not be allowed is the adults who make bad decisions to make additional bad decisions.

The law disagrees with you.

So what your saying is everything man does according to US law is right? I am glad you believe Bush was right killing the people of Iraq.

The dictionary is your friend ... in the statement of yours that I bolded and responded to you used to the word "right" as in the right to free speech.

All I am saying is that the law disagrees with you and that adults do in fact have the right to terminate a pregnancy. Not that it is right.

xÞx;1651528 said:
Would you care to share your reason(s)?

It's an extremely defective child. If I can avoid having an extremely defective child I will. It's that simple to me.

Just goes to show you its harder to abort an extremely defective mind. Too bad, if we could abort defective minds we would not have ugly ignorant posts.

It's the cold hard truth.

Don't like it?

Tough shit.

Maine girl with ‘mermaid syndrome’ dies at 10
‘Tough little thing’ gained following on Internet, TV

PORTLAND, Maine - Shiloh Pepin, a girl who was born with fused legs, a rare condition often called "mermaid syndrome," and gained a wide following on the Internet and U.S. television, has died. She was 10.

Doctors had predicted she would at most only survive for days after her birth. The girl died at Maine Medical Center on Friday afternoon, hospital spokesman John Lamb said. She had been hospitalized in critical condition for nearly a week.

Being born with "mermaid syndrome," also known as sirenomelia, meant that the Kennebunkport girl had only one partially working kidney, no lower colon or genital organs and legs fused from the waist down.

Girl with 'mermaid syndrome' dies at 10 - Kids and parenting- msnbc.com

Also?? With no genital organs? Was she really a she?

Not that I know if this is the case here, but should the government had paid for her health care? Imagine that her parents were wondering if they had the resources to pay for her care (prior to her being born) -- do you think it would have helped to know the government would be around to cover the costs of any required treatment?

Adults have a proven history of doing the wrong thing and second guessing is one of our worst traights.

In just about every advanced country in this world, they do have that right.

In many Third World countries, they do not have that right.

You and those who wish to ban abortion will NOT be be successful in your attempts to create laws in this matter to align us with Third World status.

I should hope not. A scary thought.

Adults have a proven history of doing the wrong thing and second guessing is one of our worst traights.

You and those who wish to ban abortion will NOT be be successful in your attempts to create laws in this matter to align us with Third World status.

The sad thing is that if the pro baby killing idealists had a crystal ball that shows the future of ones health, that they would say and even advocate the death of many peoples children, therfore denying them of their best friend :(

THAT IS THE SCARY THOUGHT :evil:

The sad thing is that if the pro baby killing idealists had a crystal ball that shows the future of ones health, that they would say and even advocate the death of many peoples children, therfore denying them of their best friend :(

"Pro-baby killing idealists" ... never heard of those. And if you are trying to insinuate I'm one of them ... then you must be off your rocker.

There is a slight difference between what is legal and what is right/wrong. In this case, the law protects women's freedom as well as gives them room to decide what is right and what is wrong ... for them. In regards to this issue, there couldn't be a better law.

Just because I'm defending the law, it doesn't mean I think abortion is right. Sometimes, it might be wrong. But who I am to judge a person I have never met ... of even if I've met her before ... I certainly haven't 'walked in her shoes' and even if I had walked in her shoes, maybe we have different values/priorities.

In regards to judging ... Isn't that what your god - and only your god - is supposed to do at the end? From what I remember ... you christians are forbidden from judging others ... says 'the lord'. So why don't you stick to your christian principles.

Why do I have such issues with christians yet not with their principles ... BECAUSE THEY ARE THE ONES THAT NEVER FOLLOW THEM. Oh dear irony.

EDIT: There are christians that do follow christian principles ... I was wrong to claim the above.

Last edited:

"Pro-baby killing idealists" ... never heard of those. And if you are trying to insinuate I'm one of them ... then you must be off your rocker.

There is a slight difference between what is legal and what is right/wrong. In this case, the law protects women's freedom as well as gives them room to decide what is right and what is wrong ... for them. In regards to this issue, there couldn't be a better law.

Just because I'm defending the law, it doesn't mean I think abortion is right. Sometimes, it might be wrong. But who I am to judge a person I have never met ... of even if I've met her before ... I certainly haven't 'walked in her shoes' and even if I had walked in her shoes, maybe we have different values/priorities.

In regards to judging ... Isn't that what your god - and only your god - is supposed to do at the end? From what I remember ... you christians are forbidden from judging others ... says 'the lord'. So why don't you stick to your christian principles.

Why do I have such issues with christians yet not with their principles ... BECAUSE THEY ARE THE ONES THAT NEVER FOLLOW THEM. Oh dear irony.

Judging and God had nothing to do with my post, so you can stop with your hatred of Christians, as it goes to my post. Even If I were NOT a Christian. I still would have posted what I did

Judging and God had nothing to do with my post, so you can stop with your hatred of Christians, as it goes to my post. Even If I were NOT a Christian. I still would have posted what I did

Are you not judging in your post? I beg to differ, sweetie. It has everything to do with your post and your stance on the subject. I wish you would consider it. After all, it is a vital part of your religion. Is it not? You know .. the whole throwing rocks part.

You're politicizing a tragedy ... that's low.

HE OR SHE IS MAKING A POINT AND IT IS VERY GOOD. IF I WERE THE CHILD, I WOULD HAVE CHOSEN ABORTION AND IT WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN EASY.
He or she ismaking an important point and it is well taken here. Abortions are not easy to make as some think. If I were the child, I would have chosen abortion. and when I am 90, I will not chose indefinate life support. LET ME GO EASY.

Maine girl with ‘mermaid syndrome’ dies at 10
‘Tough little thing’ gained following on Internet, TV

PORTLAND, Maine - Shiloh Pepin, a girl who was born with fused legs, a rare condition often called "mermaid syndrome," and gained a wide following on the Internet and U.S. television, has died. She was 10.

Doctors had predicted she would at most only survive for days after her birth. The girl died at Maine Medical Center on Friday afternoon, hospital spokesman John Lamb said. She had been hospitalized in critical condition for nearly a week.

Being born with "mermaid syndrome," also known as sirenomelia, meant that the Kennebunkport girl had only one partially working kidney, no lower colon or genital organs and legs fused from the waist down.

Girl with 'mermaid syndrome' dies at 10 - Kids and parenting- msnbc.com

Also?? With no genital organs? Was she really a she?

Thanks very much for the post, I have worked in healthcare and I understand what you are talking about. I worked in Los Angels County Hosptial when abortions become legal and worked in a ward that did nothing but abortions and the woman's choice is not easy and she has to under go lots of therapy before.
and I never saw a viable fetus.

HE OR SHE IS MAKING A POINT AND IT IS VERY GOOD. IF I WERE THE CHILD, I WOULD HAVE CHOSEN ABORTION AND IT WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN EASY.
He or she ismaking an important point and it is well taken here. Abortions are not easy to make as some think. If I were the child, I would have chosen abortion. and when I am 90, I will not chose indefinate life support. LET ME GO EASY.

If you were the child you would have had zero say in the matter. Someone else would have made the decision whether you lived or died.

If you were the child you would have had zero say in the matter. Someone else would have made the decision whether you lived or died.

Common sense is not a component of the pro abortion argument

Common sense is not a component of the pro abortion argument

Abortion isn't about commen sense and if you believe it is then you are an idiot..

A 15 year old girl was gang raped over the weekend at her highschool during the home comming dance..

Police: Up to 20 people saw gang rape - Crime & courts- msnbc.com

What if she become pregnant?? I am quite certian the rapists didn't give a crap about protection.. Should she be forced to keep the child, a child herself?? Now you can play the 'Well it isn't the baby's fault.' arguement all you want.. Until you are the one who was brutally raped and pregnant.. You don't have shit to say about it.. I can't force this child to keep her baby.. A constant reminder of a night she would love to forget..

Why should she potentially ruin her life and great expense on herself and her family and be forced to have this child?

Here it comes.. The adoption arguement.. Well.. Better start demanding that fertility clinics start looking for mothers to grow the extra eggs they have so they don't flush them down the toilet.. All those babies need to be adopted as well don't they? Or are you going to be a hypocrit and just demand that the 15 year old rape victim have hers..

What if it was your daughter? What if it was you?

This isn't about common sesne.. This is about morals, understanding, and compassion.. Something you neotards seem to always be lacking in all your arguements..

Last edited:
Would you have aborted her?

Yes, I would have.

You would have simply, and without remorse; erased 10 years of someone who could have taught you something profound?? That is very very sad, as well as disturbing

I didn't say that I would do it without remorse.

Someone asked a question and I answered it honestly.

If you think that trying to demonize me or pull at my heart strings is going to have any kind of an impact on my opinion, you're very mistaken.

What is funny about your arguement is... Well it is pretty much a moot issue.. You can't exactly have a child and then wait until it is old enough to ask the child what he or she might think..

So it really is a moot issue.. The child never knows one way or the other..

I don't know what kind of pain this little girl had to go through in a daily basis.. Faulty liver and kidneys would have meant that she was in and out of the hospital constantly.. She had 2 liver transplants.. She couldn't go out and play with the other children.. No hope of marriage and children of her own without sex organs.. And she only lived to be 10 years old..

Yup! Given those circumstances.. I would have oped to be aborted.. Save my parents from the hassle and hoped for better developement next time around..

The child has no say, but that isn't by choice, it is by circumstance..

What is really sad is your ignorance and stupidity is most likely by choice.. You watch Faux Noise and you probably listen to Lush Limpdrugs..

Last edited:

Forum List

Back