Would You Go To Iraq?

Would you go to iraq to make a nice amount of money knowing the volatile situation?

• Yes

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • No

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters
Originally posted by KLSuddeth
still in the army, d? or when u WERE in the army?

You seem familiar, kiddo ;)

I get that a lot when ppl see me. When I was younger I did some modeling for the backs of milk cartons.

:)

lets try this again......and for the last time. If my husband were still in the marines, I would hate him going for my worry - but yes, I WOULD stand behind him on this.

however, if he werent in the service and wanted to go for monetary purposes and did not want to think about anything other than monetary purposes, then no....I couldnt stand behind that. Decisions in a marriage should be made by both parties - those vows work both ways - they really do.

Originally posted by -=d=-
I get that a lot when ppl see me. When I was younger I did some modeling for the backs of milk cartons.

:)

ha ha! :)

(good to see you btw)

Originally posted by KLSuddeth
lets try this again......and for the last time. If my husband were still in the marines, I would hate him going for my worry - but yes, I WOULD stand behind him on this.

however, if he werent in the service and wanted to go for monetary purposes and did not want to think about anything other than monetary purposes, then no....I couldnt stand behind that. Decisions in a marriage should be made by both parties - those vows work both ways - they really do.

That's not the point. :) The point is to support your husband for 'better or worse'. In the end, the Husband is charged with guiding the family; The Husband casts the final vote. It's not about equality - naturally, the husband and wife team are vital for a healthy family. What I'm saying is, 'if your husband and you talk about such a deal, and he feels it's indeed best for your family, you should stand by him.' If you LEFT him for making that decision, it'd only be a 'revenge' action. It'd not change the love or the hurt or anything.

:-/

Duane (DK) please forgive me for not deferring to you since you are husband and I am wife. I defer to you now.

d - happy now, dear?

silly man! I know I dont HAVE to.
Its expected and Im good at it.

Besides, how do you know I was being sarcastic? Maybe I truly have seen the error of my ways and was demonstrating such in a public apology.

MY point in saying that I would go is that there are many parts of Iraq are safe for american business men.The whole country in not like what you see on TV. There will be a lot of business who return with a lot of money. Isn't this why we were accused of going in in the first place?

Id have no objections of going to Iraq. In fact i think i may go there someday. I think id prefer to go to help the people out but there is nothing that says you cant help them and make money at the same time is there?

seriously though, im not worried about dying. I have another 60 years or so to live if i take care of myself.

I think I get Mrs. DK and agree with her. This coming from someone who would let her sons enlist, if that was their choice.

If he was in the military, she'd be worried, but there.

If he chose to follow the poor Mr. Berg, going for money or something else, screw him. Mr. Berg may have had a different agenda but money, but it was obviously dangerous and foolhardy.

You couldn't pay me enough to go to that pesthole. Money doesn't do it for me.

But I would gladly go for other reasons. I have this fantasy of flying an AH-1 Cobra loaded with flechettes and rolling in from the west while a whole bunch of those militant bastards are bowing to the east.

Forum List

Back