Would You Go To Iraq?

Would you go to iraq to make a nice amount of money knowing the volatile situation?

• Yes

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • No

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters

OCA

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2004
Washington D.C.
If given the chance to make some money, a nice amount not hundreds of millions, and knowing how volatile the situation is in Iraq, would you go?

I chose no, because of the question explanation.

I'd go to Iraq to have a chance to make a difference - to be a part of something MUCH bigger than myself.

Originally posted by OCA
If given the chance to make some money, a nice amount not hundreds of millions, and knowing how volatile the situation is in Iraq, would you go?

Hell no!! What good is money if your dead. I would go to fight if called upon. But im not the gung hoe volunteer type. Which is why i appreciate those soldiers all the more.

I guess I should have phrased that "as a businessman". I'm sure most of us would go if our country asked.

Yes. Provided the amount was high enough, that is a risk that I would take.

It would have to be an exorbitant amount, hundreds of millions i'm talking for me to take the chance of getting whacked.

Iraq is obviously a very dangerous place, but I am guessing statistically speaking, your odds of going in and getting out unscathed are probably very high. If the amount were in the hundreds of thousands of dollars and the time I was required to be there relatively short (no more than a couple of months), the benefits for me and my family outweigh the risks.

Of course, I would have to figure out a way to get a good scotch and soda while I am there or the deal is off.

No I wouldnt - not for mounds and mounds of cash - and let me answer for my husband as well. No, I wouldnt let him go - not and stay married to me. My heart and nerves couldnt take it

When I was in the Army, I had a girlfriend/love-of-my-life type say to me "If you get sent to Bosnia, don't expect me to be here waiting when you come back."

Her reasoning was the same as yours - too harsh on the nerves.

Think about this - if you divorced him for that reason, you'd still worry. You'd still Love him. It would change nothing, except to send him away distraught.

there IS an option as well as a difference. we're not talking bout the armed forces here #1 - the poll was in regards to an opportunity to make $$ in iraq....or am I wrong.

The option would be for him to not go. money is so not everything.

Originally posted by KLSuddeth
there IS an option as well as a difference. we're not talking bout the armed forces here #1 - the poll was in regards to an opportunity to make $$ in iraq....or am I wrong.

The option would be for him to not go. money is so not everything.

KL... you miss his point.... if you truly love your husband and if he went against you and he went there, would you still not love him (even though you might be mad as hell at him)?

If you stopped loving him because he went, then you never loved him in the first place...

Ok, I missed the point - but I think mine was missed as well.

Of course Id miss and love him - I do that everyday anyway and he's only 25 miles away for 8 hours a day. And would he not have a choice, I wouldnt make it harder on him by being an unyeilding bitch. However, since the question posed involves full free will choice, I would rather him not go and would do anything in my power to keep him from it.

Im not saying Im right - Im saying how I feel.

Originally posted by freeandfun1
KL... you miss his point.... if you truly love your husband and if he went against you and he went there, would you still not love him (even though you might be mad as hell at him)?

If you stopped loving him because he went, then you never loved him in the first place...

Quite astute. That's exactly the point. Her divorcing her husband would only be a form of 'revenge' (For causing her the stress of worry). It wouldn't change how she feels about him; it wouldn't change her amount of worry. Not in the least.

The 'I'd leave him if he left' line only 'briefs well', as we say in the Army.

;)

still in the army, d? or when u WERE in the army?

You seem familiar, kiddo ;)

Of course Id miss and love him - I do that everyday anyway and he's only 25 miles away for 8 hours a day. And would he not have a choice, I wouldnt make it harder on him by being an unyeilding bitch. However, since the question posed involves full free will choice, I would rather him not go and would do anything in my power to keep him from it.

I'm simply cautioning you to re-evaluate how you RESPOND to how you feel...that's all :-D

My 1st wife is far from perfect. She does, however, know the man she married. She married a guy who would rather die by a grenade at age 31, than live to be 80 without having 'done anything'.

If it were simply for money, as I indicated, I'd likely NOT go. But if I felt I 'needed' to; for whatever reason, I'd like to believe my wife would stand behind me. It's about trusting the person you love. It's about (You may not gonna like this:) submitting to one's husband the 'final' decisions about the family. It falls under the 'for Better or WORSE' vow the two of you likely made.

If you DIDN'T vow 'for worse', then I guess you could be off the hook.

:D

- regards...

-=d=-

I understand!

Forum List

Back