~Would You Go On A Game Show??

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
There are many game shows to choose from, if you were given the oppotunity to go on a game show, which one would you like to be on??
For me, definitely Wheel Of Fortune.
I don't want it all to be about 'just luck', I would like some knowledge on there as well ~LoL~
And spelling is one of my best subjects and I enjoy those word puzzle games, etc....so I think that would be the one I would be the best at!

Now, I am certain I would suck at Jeopardy...not one I would want to be on, I would be knocked out before the first round ended, with a MINUS something no doubt :lol:

I actually auditioned for Wheel of Fortune back when I was in the service. It was more like a pre-audition, audition. They had a miniature wheel that we had to spin and their "head hunters" were watching our every move, body language, interaction to questions with the "host" etc. Those who succeeded got their photo taken, more info was gathered, and they moved onto the next level - whatever that was. Needless to say, they didn't take my picture and allow me to move along. It's tough to get on a game show of that level.

I actually auditioned for Wheel of Fortune back when I was in the service. It was more like a pre-audition, audition. They had a miniature wheel that we had to spin and their "head hunters" were watching our every move, body language, interaction to questions with the "host" etc. Those who succeeded got their photo taken, more info was gathered, and they moved onto the next level - whatever that was. Needless to say, they didn't take my picture and allow me to move along. It's tough to get on a game show of that level.

Aww, but wow! That was a great experience for you I'm sure!
You got further than most of us have :)
:woohoo:

It was a very interesting experience. They do indeed have their methods of weeding out those they don't think will do the show credit/make it entertaining. I guess I was too boring, ugly, etc. for their screeners.
It was back in the early-to-mid 90s and they were doing an Armed Forces themed series of shows. Desert Shield/Storm timeframe. I was on shore duty. About 500 of us showed up for the auditons, I think they kept 10 !

When "Who wants to be a millionaire" was hot and you could call to answer a few questions and hope for a call back I did that a couple times. Never received the return call however.

It was a very interesting experience. They do indeed have their methods of weeding out those they don't think will do the show credit/make it entertaining. I guess I was too boring, ugly, etc. for their screeners.
It was back in the early-to-mid 90s and they were doing an Armed Forces themed series of shows. Desert Shield/Storm timeframe. I was on shore duty. About 500 of us showed up for the auditons, I think they kept 10 !

Yikes- only 10 out of 500, they must be picky :lol:
But yeah, I have heard tell that game shows will watch people, see how they react to certain stuff, and their body poses and such....but wtf??
People are on game shows to win!!..not act ~LoL~
If we had to learn acting, we would try out for a movie or sumpin, kwim??

Yikes- only 10 out of 500, they must be picky :lol:
But yeah, I have heard tell that game shows will watch people, see how they react to certain stuff, and their body poses and such....but wtf??
People are on game shows to win!!..not act ~LoL~
If we had to learn acting, we would try out for a movie or sumpin, kwim??

Oh - they screen you. Heavily. Trust me. There are certain things they are looking for - not sure what they are - but the screening is intense.

I'd like to go on Jeopardy.

Or Wheel of Fortune.

And if I did go on Wheel, I'd never buy a vowel unless it was absolutely necessary.

There are many game shows to choose from, if you were given the oppotunity to go on a game show, which one would you like to be on??
I don't want it all to be about 'just luck', I would like some knowledge on there as well ~LoL~
And spelling is one of my best subjects and I enjoy those word puzzle games, etc....so I think that would be the one I would be the best at!

Now, I am certain I would suck at Jeopardy...not one I would want to be on, I would be knocked out before the first round ended, with a MINUS something no doubt :lol:

Hmmmmm let's see. That' the $64,000 question :lol:

I cannot act stupid enough to go on shows like the price is right and such.

~LMAO~
I have to agree with you on this one!
Jeepers, some of those people do act completely crazy..no wonder old Bob tried running off sometimes :lol:

as a kid I wanted to be on the Bozo show and Finder's Keepers in nickelodeon. As a teen I wanted to go on Press Your Luck and MTVs Remote Control. I've always wanted to go onto the Price is Right.

as a kid I wanted to be on the Bozo show and Finder's Keepers in nickelodeon. As a teen I wanted to go on Press Your Luck and MTVs Remote Control. I've always wanted to go onto the Price is Right.

Press Your Luck- the emcee was an oddball to me, he acted weird at times. Maybe that's what he was paid to do *shrugs shoulders*
And some people would not stop when I would be yelling at them to STOP :lol:
They wanted to press their luck, and well....they usually lost.

I was on the weakest link...got to the last three....

Ohmigosh are you serious??
With the lady host, the stern one?? :lol:
That looked like a fun show, but some people wouldn't "bank" when they should have, to build up the pot. But I guess it's a whole 'nother ballgame when you're actually on Tv playing....good for you!!!

MXC

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvixfNGGd_A]YouTube - ‪MXC‬‏[/ame]

Forum List

Back