Would you encourage your kids to participate on USMB or a similarly themed forum?

Would you encourage your kids to participate on USMB or a similarly themed forum?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
There are excellent message boards that encourage discussion and debate of all points of view, which I believe would be a better choice.

Why the hell would I want a child of mjne exposed to the demonic idea of debate? They've already been taught Right and Wrong by ME. There is no need for debate.

"Would you encourage your kids to participate on USMB"

Maybe.

When they're teenagers —

and I want to get even with them...

:laugh:

Last edited:
I would not. I wouldn't stop them or admonish them against doing so, but neither would I encourage them to do so. I'm not going into the "whys and wherefores," mainly because I'm not interested in knowing anyone else's. I just want a "yes" or "no," not a "maybe." You figure out whether, based on all you know about this forum and others similar to it, whether your answer is predominantly "yes" or predominantly "no," and answer accordingly.

why are you interested in the answer but not the whys?

I would not. I wouldn't stop them or admonish them against doing so, but neither would I encourage them to do so. I'm not going into the "whys and wherefores," mainly because I'm not interested in knowing anyone else's. I just want a "yes" or "no," not a "maybe." You figure out whether, based on all you know about this forum and others similar to it, whether your answer is predominantly "yes" or predominantly "no," and answer accordingly.

Because I only want the answer, not how anyone got to the answer. And frankly, how anyone else here chooses to deal with their kids, spouses, bosses and subordinates is their business and I have nothing to say about that and I'm not going to countenance them having something to say about how I handle my interactions of that nature; thus why is irrelevant. If one shares it, well, they do, but I have nothing to say about it.

There are excellent message boards that encourage discussion and debate of all points of view, which I believe would be a better choice.

Why the hell would I want a child of mjne exposed to the demonic idea of debate? They've already been taught Right and Wrong by ME. There is no need for debate.
I don't have any kids, you'd have to ask GW up in Alaska..........

JyJEZ8l.gif

Because I only want the answer, not how anyone got to the answer. And frankly, how anyone else here chooses to deal with their kids, spouses, bosses and subordinates is their business and I have nothing to say about that and I'm not going to countenance them having something to say about how I handle my interactions of that nature; thus why is irrelevant. If one shares it, well, they do, but I have nothing to say about it.

then I would say the answers don't tell you much of interest. s'all.

then I would say the answers don't tell you much of interest. s'all.
...and so you have.....

If I had kids I would encourage them to study such things as debate and argumentation, from an academic standpoint,

in the event that someday when they're older and have no life and they end up wasting time in a place like this at least they'd be able to recognize the bullshit when they see it.

If I had kids I would encourage them to study such things as debate and argumentation, from an academic standpoint,

in the event that someday when they're older and have no life and they end up wasting time in a place like this at least they'd be able to recognize the bullshit when they see it.
...Have no life.... Wasting time....

Is THAT what we're doing here...?!!

:omg:

I voted yes. My children are worthy of a good laugh as are my grandchildren. The cons lie so much and make so many stupid comments they laugh their asses off.

my kids are in their teens, so no.

in their mid 20's, yea sure, especially my son, who has like to talk politics since he was 13.

No child should have to see the hatred and blindness that goes on this board.

The fake 'science' they already get at school; all they will get here is amazement at the 'adults' who run around peddling it, which can only lead to chronic depression for Snowflakes.

New Topics

Forum List

Back