Would you drown Hitler as an Infant?

Imagine that you've somehow tumbled backwards through time and find yourself in the small Austrian village of Braunau just across the border from German Bavaria. You're alone ...well, not quite. You're in the home of an infant Adolf Hitler who's laying swaddled on counter top in the small kitchen, next to him a metal tub filled with warm water. Would you drown Hitler ...?

I saw an outer limits on this. A woman goes back in time and becomes of made of the Hitler family. One of the other Hitler mades is in love with the Papa Hitler. The Woman who goes back in time eventually kills Baby Hitler (murder-suicide), without Papa Hitler knowing. The Made sees the killing, but instead of telling Papa Hitler, she sees a homeless woman with a baby boy, she purchases the little bastard. That little bastard becomes the Monster we all knew and hated!

The premise was this: The woman sent to kill Baby Hitler had mixed fillings of killing a baby. At first she couldn't do it. I will admit people can talk tough of killing a baby (even baby Hitler), but when you hold a helpless baby that task might be much easier said then done. I personally couldn't image even hurting a baby, much less killing one. Nevertheless she did it.

However, without her actions the real Baby Hitler would have never emerged. He would have only been the bastard child of homeless woman.

So maybe no matter how someone might intervene . . . what will be will be.

I still think Bush made a huge mistake by not making a big deal out of our first Kenyan born Senator. He should have made his birthday a national holiday

I think Washington and Jefferson should have been a bit more intelligent and less on the booze if they didn't have the foresight to fool-proof their nation from one-day being Kenyan-run, huh Francis?

Imagine that you've somehow tumbled backwards through time and find yourself in the small Austrian village of Braunau just across the border from German Bavaria. You're alone ...well, not quite. You're in the home of an infant Adolf Hitler who's laying swaddled on counter top in the small kitchen, next to him a metal tub filled with warm water. Would you drown Hitler ...?

I saw an outer limits on this. A woman goes back in time and becomes of made of the Hitler family. One of the other Hitler mades is in love with the Papa Hitler. The Woman who goes back in time eventually kills Baby Hitler (murder-suicide), without Papa Hitler knowing. The Made sees the killing, but instead of telling Papa Hitler, she sees a homeless woman with a baby boy, she purchases the little bastard. That little bastard becomes the Monster we all knew and hated!

The premise was this: The woman sent to kill Baby Hitler had mixed fillings of killing a baby. At first she couldn't do it. I will admit people can talk tough of killing a baby (even baby Hitler), but when you hold a helpless baby that task might be much easier said then done. I personally couldn't image even hurting a baby, much less killing one. Nevertheless she did it.

However, without her actions the real Baby Hitler would have never emerged. He would have only been the bastard child of homeless woman.

As it was, his father was illegitimate and married his mother when she was pregnant. It isn't like they were illustrious members of the upper crust.

In order to prevent the Holocaust much more than reforming or drowning Hitler would have been necessary. There were multiple causes and conditions that lead to Germany going crazy.

That is what I feared, Sky Dancer. Still, smothering Baby Hitler might have saved a few thousand innocent Jewish lives and I would not hesitate for a second.

I do admire your dedication to pacifism, though. I believe you are quite sincere.

Well that's telling.

You're saying you believe in eugenics. So essentially, you have the same core beliefs as Nazis. The end justifies the means, and those we don't like are less than human. We have the right to butcher them.

It is hardly eugenics when you KNOW what Hitler will do unless he is smothered. Grow the fuck up, AllieBaba. Most Americans would smother a baby for a chance to appear on "American Idol" if they believed they would not be caught; at least I'm better than that.

Most Americans are not Buddists like Sky Dancer or even merely hypothetical, prophylatic murderers like me; we are living among savages that commit henious acts for the most trivial of reasons, or for no reason at all. Sociopathy is common -- not rare.

It's decency of any sort that is rare.

Two Cleveland men sentenced for shooting boy and his mother | cleveland.com

Last edited:
You cant project every history path. Every death hitler caused ,every child from them and so on is a potential history path.

What if one of those history paths is worse then anything hitler ever did? Killing him as baby could have cause a history worse then anything you could imigine.

No. I wouldn't. Time Travel is a cornecopia of disturbing concepts. And doing that might have ripples that make things worse than we can imagine.

What would happen if the Nazi's had a competant leader? They could win the war. Life as we know it would be very different.

Can't undo what has been done, but there was no good excuse for the conditions that allowed him to come to power, namely US intervention in WWI, and the terms of the Versailles Treaty,

Can't undo what has been done, but there was no good excuse for the conditions that allowed him to come to power, namely US intervention in WWI, and the terms of the Versailles Treaty,

no, smash the infant! wait, what about godwin's law, fuck. i am so conflicted.

can you blame everything on someone else if hitler did not even exist? ohohohoho, makes my head swirl. must find another scapegoat. stalin. khomeini. saddam

can you blame everything on someone else if hitler did not even exist? ohohohoho, makes my head swirl. must find another scapegoat. stalin. khomeini. saddam

Has Crude Frank or Sintara blamed Obama yet?

In order to prevent the Holocaust much more than reforming or drowning Hitler would have been necessary. There were multiple causes and conditions that lead to Germany going crazy.

I'd have to say that even if you managed to prevent Hitler's particular brand of evil from taking over Germany, you likely wouldn't have prevented SOME brand of evil from taking his place. Hitler got where he did because Germany at that time was ripe for SOME charismatic leader to come in and use the situation to his own ends. And sadly, the world has never been short on persuasive, evil madmen.

No. At that point he is still an innocent.

crusaderfrank would be crushed, he just had this project comparing hitler and obama, and then went on a field trip to italy, like hitler. imagine his astonishment. hitler? who? mcallister!

crusaderfrank would be crushed, he just had this project comparing hitler and obama, and then went on a field trip to italy, like hitler. imagine his astonishment. hitler? who? mcallister!

I heard he is going to write a screen play about it, and Sintra is going to blog about it for 2 cents a line.

Forum List

Back