Would you die for your religious beliefs?

I would die for my beliefs rather than have someone attempt to impose them on me from without. But I would not kill for my beliefs, with the exception of my country. I would kill for my country.

I believe this is unlike islamofacists, who kill for their beliefs.

Question: How does one die for their religion? Give me a specific example (and not an extreme example, like if the right to religious freedom was repealed and you had to convert to state sponsored religion or be executed.)

How about the Columbine shooting?

And why is your example extreme? It's happened thousands of times throughout human history easily.

I would hope that if i was called to die for the faith, that Id be willing. But I think Id rather focus on living for the faith first.

No.
Independently, too young for religion on a honest level, many sins out there.

Question: How does one die for their religion? Give me a specific example (and not an extreme example, like if the right to religious freedom was repealed and you had to convert to state sponsored religion or be executed.)

How about the Columbine shooting?

And why is your example extreme? It's happened thousands of times throughout human history easily.

What did Columbine have to do with religion?

And I suppose my example is not an extreme example worldwide...but it is an extreme example in America.

Palestine_it-takes-a-village-child2.jpg

I guess this kid is being taught to be ready to die for his beliefs...

It is martydom, basically

Like when those nutjobs crashed planes into the World Trade Center

Or when suicide bombers blow themselves up because they believe they will go to heaven with god love.

On the other hand, why would some one need to die in order to preserve a religion is a mystery to me. If God wanted man to learn that particular religion, and God is almighty, then the religion can never die. At times, I wonder if the religious fanatics ever believe some of the things that they say.

Think about it

If God is all knowing, then God does not need to test your faith.
If God is all mighty, then God does not need help repeling enemies.
If God can talk to you, then God does not need help to convince you of God's existance.

In many ways, the descriptions of God by religious fanatics suggest that God has no need of them. Maybe God loves them, but God must know God can do a whole lot better than using humans to spread such important information about the Godself.

Governments in the past have killed over religion. I will not deny my beliefs. Muslims will kill over beliefs, I will not convert just to stay alive. If a mob demanded I renounce my beliefs I would not.

But RGS

You can not convert due to a demand or on a whim--you can only lie.

By the way, if God is everything people say God is, God will know you are lying!! So the best you can do is ask God to forgive you for lying.

Last edited:
In my other thread, amrchaos brought up an interesting question: Would you die for your religious beliefs? I thought perhaps it would be appropriate to ask that in its own thread.

Along with the why.

I like asking: Would you kill for your religious beliefs?

But I like danger.

I am with Montaigne on this one, you tend to do a lot less damage asking over and over again, "what do I know?"

I think I would die for my non beliefs.
If I was forced into a religion and had no way out, like the example Xotoxi said, I would be executed for my non belief. I will never give in.

Wait a minute. No fair making me think.

Would I admit belief in a particular god to save my own skin? :eusa_think:

If there was reason to believe my neighbors would back my putting him down or I knew of a reasonable place to run to, I would DEFINITELY look a crazy man in the eye and try to lie my way to the freedom required for either task.

For religious beliefs? I don't know as that would depend on others' perception of my beliefs. For MY strongest personal beliefs, yes I would.

Would you die for your religious beliefs?

Not if I could help it, no.

But I have no moral qualms against helping somebody else have that honor, if they're foolish enough to try to force me to convert to theirs.

Not a very specific question but...since I do not follow any organized religion but I have faith and a believer that Jesus died for my sins if it came down to denying Jesus or dying, I would die. I would not strap a bomb to my body because some religion told me to do it for God!

I can only hope that I have the courage to die for my faith if forced into that choice. That being said, I will not throw my life away foolishly.

Forum List

Back