Would you die for your faith(or lack thereof)?

Would you die for your faith, or lack thereof?

• yes

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • no

Votes: 14 58.3%

• Total voters
Last edited by a moderator:
Steelplate;4007672]Let's suppose that a ruler came upon this land that was intolerant to any other religion/faith but his/her own. He/she orders all the citizens of the country to denounce any other God but his/hers.

Atheists, you don't get away with not answering. Your choice is to either accept the ruler's God, or die.

That will never happen as long as I am alive. I am a very good machinist and a pilot with many hours of multi-engine time.

I suppose first I could construct a very nasty 1 or two thousand pound surprise and the mechanism to release it from the under side of a 2000 mile range twin. I would take said device to a remote location within 500 miles of where this crazy fore-mentioned fuck resides by truck on a dolly and hide it next to a long straight road out in the boonies suitable as a landing strip. I would survey the existing supply of available planes and steal the appropriate aircraft(I already have priors) waiting for a 100% verification of said fucks location and when he/she would be there. Upon confirmation of the target I would steal the plane and fly it and the "device" attachment tools and release mechanism to the location of the "surprise". Then I would assemble the package and fly directly to the target and do an extreme low level run to increase the chances of success. I may have to take two planes and do a couple of practice runs out in the desert to help ensure accuracy. I would probably succeed without getting harmed as I have already done most of what I mentioned sans surprise package runs. I would probably not be the only one intent on removing this madman/woman from our midst. I guess it would just be a matter of who got to him/her first. If I did not succeed I can think of no better reason to die. Even If I miss and have to do a "do-over" the chances of getting caught are next to nothing.

I do not recommend that anyone try this at home. Many aspects of this story could be very dangerous. :eek: You should leave this kind of activity to professionals. :lol:

So much effort and expenditure when the entire issue can be resolved with one of these:

Black%20Hills%20308%20175%20Match.jpg

Steelplate;4007672]Let's suppose that a ruler came upon this land that was intolerant to any other religion/faith but his/her own. He/she orders all the citizens of the country to denounce any other God but his/hers.

Atheists, you don't get away with not answering. Your choice is to either accept the ruler's God, or die.

That will never happen as long as I am alive. I am a very good machinist and a pilot with many hours of multi-engine time.

I suppose first I could construct a very nasty 1 or two thousand pound surprise and the mechanism to release it from the under side of a 2000 mile range twin. I would take said device to a remote location within 500 miles of where this crazy fore-mentioned fuck resides by truck on a dolly and hide it next to a long straight road out in the boonies suitable as a landing strip. I would survey the existing supply of available planes and steal the appropriate aircraft(I already have priors) waiting for a 100% verification of said fucks location and when he/she would be there. Upon confirmation of the target I would steal the plane and fly it and the "device" attachment tools and release mechanism to the location of the "surprise". Then I would assemble the package and fly directly to the target and do an extreme low level run to increase the chances of success. I may have to take two planes and do a couple of practice runs out in the desert to help ensure accuracy. I would probably succeed without getting harmed as I have already done most of what I mentioned sans surprise package runs. I would probably not be the only one intent on removing this madman/woman from our midst. I guess it would just be a matter of who got to him/her first. If I did not succeed I can think of no better reason to die. Even If I miss and have to do a "do-over" the chances of getting caught are next to nothing.

I do not recommend that anyone try this at home. Many aspects of this story could be very dangerous. :eek: You should leave this kind of activity to professionals. :lol:

So much effort and expenditure when the entire issue can be resolved with one of these:

Anyone that has risen to a position powerful enough to make such an edict stick will be well protected from a sniper. My suggestion will clear a 500 ft radius with fleshetts and probably "mini" surprises embedded in the main surprise package most likely eliminating many of the supporting cast. It would send a clear message of the futility of attempting to turn the USA into a totalitarian theocracy.

Anyone that has risen to a position powerful enough to make such an edict stick will be well protected from a sniper. My suggestion will clear a 500 ft radius with fleshetts and probably "mini" surprises embedded in the main surprise package most likely eliminating many of the supporting cast. It would send a clear message of the futility of attempting to turn the USA into a totalitarian theocracy.

If anything, it will be the religious that will be persecuted, not the non-religious. So, you're thinking is backwards, not unusual for you tho. :lol:

Gods are imaginary. I'd go through the motions of compliance until I could leave/relocate elsewhere.

Exactly, it wouldn't be hard.

If a ruler demanded you say you follow his God, just say you do, then ask for forgiveness from your God if you're christian, and some religions say it's ok to lie to non-believers.

If anything, it will be the religious that will be persecuted, not the non-religious. So, you're thinking is backwards, not unusual for you tho. :lol:

I understand that you are in the business of taking fantasy much too seriously. The OP stipulates that atheists will be persecuted also. Try to follow along.:lol:

Gods are imaginary. I'd go through the motions of compliance until I could leave/relocate elsewhere.

If a ruler demanded you say you follow his God, just say you do, then ask for forgiveness from your God if you're christian, and some religions say it's ok to lie to non-believers.

But 'his God' will likely be him. You know, Heil Hitler, etc... And that would be the muslim religion that allows lying to non-believers. :cool:

I would not die over something as meaningless as faith or lack thereof.

I personally would choose to live. So I would lie and tell those forcing me to choose what they wanted to hear then I would be on my merry way to live my life as I choose.

Being a live hypocrite beats being a martyr any day.

If you deny God, He will also deny you....No, i wouldn't deny God for any reason. It would be just like taking the mark of the Antichrist. You won't be able to do that so you can buy/sell, and then ask God to forgive you. He warned us about these things happening, so if you know and still do it just so you can live, you will not be forgiven.

If you deny God, He will also deny you....No, i wouldn't deny God for any reason. It would be just like taking the mark of the Antichrist. You won't be able to do that so you can buy/sell, and then ask God to forgive you. He warned us about these things happening, so if you know and still do it just so you can live, you will not be forgiven.

Depends what you call denying God, if you deny him to someone with your voice while in your head believing in him is that really denying him? Doesn't your God think what's in your head and heart is more important than what comes out of your mouth?

“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness”- 1 John 1:9

Seems to me if you ask for forgiveness for the act you'll be granted it according to the Bible.

Depends what you call denying God, if you deny him to someone with your voice while in your head believing in him is that really denying him? Doesn't your God think what's in your head and heart is more important than what comes out of your mouth?

“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness”- 1 John 1:9

Seems to me if you ask for forgiveness for the act you'll be granted it according to the Bible.

Problem is those who think repentence is easy are those who haven't gone through it to any significant degree. Yes, you can be forgiven if you repent. Yet not nearly enough people do or this world would be a significantly better place.

Question...two definitions of Repentence.

1. : to turn from sin and dedicate oneself to the amendment of one's life

2. to feel regret or contrition.

Since we are fallible humans, only one of the two definitions are feasible. We will never stop sinning...

Question...two definitions of Repentence.

1. : to turn from sin and dedicate oneself to the amendment of one's life

2. to feel regret or contrition.

Since we are fallible humans, only one of the two definitions are feasible. We will never stop sinning...

Through God all things are possible.

Problem is those who think repentence is easy are those who haven't gone through it to any significant degree. Yes, you can be forgiven if you repent. Yet not nearly enough people do or this world would be a significantly better place.

My only point was I disagreed with Carol, she said you wouldn't be forgiven for that, I said you would. How difficult forgiveness is to obtain is a different point.

My only point was I disagreed with Carol, she said you wouldn't be forgiven for that, I said you would. How difficult forgiveness is to obtain is a different point.

Yes God knows what's in our heart...i'm not saying i'm right, i don't think anyone really knows for sure. But myself, i would not deny him for any reason. If i die because of it, then i'll be with Him forever. God told us to basically watch what comes out of our mouths. People say things all the time that they shouldn't, and ask for forgiveness and i'm sure they are forgiven - i've done it many times myself! :)

Let's suppose that a ruler came upon this land that was intolerant to any other religion/faith but his/her own. He/she orders all the citizens of the country to denounce any other God but his/hers.

Words mean nothing. I would say what I had to say in public, and continue with my own beliefs in my mind and heart.

Let's suppose that a ruler came upon this land that was intolerant to any other religion/faith but his/her own. He/she orders all the citizens of the country to denounce any other God but his/hers.

Words mean nothing. I would say what I had to say in public, and continue with my own beliefs in my mind and heart.

It's amazing how many people would disagree to the polar opposite and say that "words mean EVERYTHING".

I think it has more to do with context. In the context of the opening post, the audience is a murderous and faceless government... I think that those of us who say without a second thought that we would easily lie about our beliefs to avoid death would also be much more careful about our words if the audience were our family, friends, colleagues or neighbors who must count on or not count on our words and our word daily.

At least for THIS average Joe.

Last edited:
If all they wanted me to do was renounce, of course I would. If they then expected me to turn in friends, family, loved ones, and do all manner of behaviors anathema to my personal belief system? No. I would likely end my own life though before I would willingly submit to torture.

Forum List

Back