Would you buy a War Bond?

Luissa

Annoying Customer
Sep 7, 2008
TARDIS
The War Finance Committee was placed in charge of supervising the sale of all bonds, and the War Advertising Council promoted voluntary compliance with bond buying. Popular contemporary art was used to help promote the bonds. More than a quarter of a billion dollars worth of advertising was donated during the first three years of the National Defense Savings Program. The government appealed to the public through popular culture. Norman Rockwell's painting series, the Four Freedoms, toured in a war bond effort that raised $132 million.[22] Bond rallies were held throughout the country with famous celebrities, usually Hollywood film stars, to enhance the bond advertising effectiveness. The Music Publishers Protective Association encouraged its members to include patriotic messages on the front of their sheet music like "Buy U.S. Bonds and Stamps". Over the course of the war 85 million Americans purchased bonds totaling approximately $185.7 billion.

Cover of the August 1943 issue of the 4 Favorites showing «War bond» beating Hirohito, Hitler and Mussolini.National Service Board for Religious Objectors offered civilian bonds in the United States during World War II, primarily to members of the historic peace churches as an alternative for those who could not conscientiously buy something meant to support the war. These were U.S. Government Bonds not labeled as defense bonds. In all, 33,006 subscriptions were sold for a total value of $6,740,161, mostly to Mennonites, Brethren and Quakers.[23][24

War bond - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't see why we have not started selling them again?

Good question. The Obama Administration should definitely take such a proposal under consideration at the very least. I'm sure it's feasible now more than ever.

No.

I would not by a war bond.

I don't want any other return other than my freedom.

You need a donation, let me know.

He needs to put his frundraising skills to good use.

It would be a perfect fit.

yes it would, plus Bonds are a very safe investment. In my money management class I remember my prof saying that it is a wise investment for people a few years away from retiring. With the baby boomers starting to retire it could be quite popular, especially with someone like my dad who is three year away from retirement.

Last edited:
yes it would, plus Bonds are a very safe investment. In my money management class I remember my prof saying that it is a wise investment for people a few years away from retiring. With the baby boomers starting to retire in could be quite popular, especially with someone like my dad who is three year away from retirement.

It very well could be. Thinking about it now, I wonder why this wasn't used earlier.

yes it would, plus Bonds are a very safe investment. In my money management class I remember my prof saying that it is a wise investment for people a few years away from retiring. With the baby boomers starting to retire in could be quite popular, especially with someone like my dad who is three year away from retirement.

It very well could be. Thinking about it now, I wonder why this wasn't used earlier.

That is what I was thinking also.

Long term wars and nations that have frequent fair elections dont mesh well.

Democracy has always been at war with the wolf pack of tyranny.

And in the long run of history, democracy usually looses the fight, still, it is the only fight worth dying for.

Last edited:
I do not like your new avatar.

It is not sexy.

Avatars are important people, lift your fucking game!

Never.

We should not be engaged in wars, especailly fighting other people's battles.

Let them solve their own damn problems, we have more then enough of our own.

Forum List

Back