Would You Believe That The Church Is Dishonest and Deceptive?

No...you have me in the wrong camp. People who believe this bullshit are the idiots:

The universe was created in six days about 6000 years ago

Two naked teens and a snake in garden determined the fate of the whole human race

There was a flood in which the water level reached a height of 29.000 ft and evaporated within a few weeks

Big fish puked up live men

Walls came tumbling at the sound of a trumpet

A virgin gave birth to the god of the universe

A man was able to walk on water

People were healed of leprosy by laying hands on them

Water was turned into fine wine

5000 hungry men plus women and children who also ate were fed with two fish and five loaves then 12 baskets of leftovers were collected

A man was hung on a cross and bled like a hog only to show up two days later fit as a fiddle

There were basically six acknowledged historians in the world at that time. Not a one of them documented any part of this. It would be like Mickey Mantle and
Roger Maris never being mentioned in the NY Times.

None of this means God doesn't exist. God may exist but not in the manner of a literal Christian God.

I'm agnostic...I don't know and you don't either. I'm sure of one thing. If there is something after death each of us will get an equal shot at it and not just those who believe a 2000 year old fairy tale.

You don't know that.

No...you have me in the wrong camp. People who believe this bullshit are the idiots:

Two naked teens and a snake in garden determined the fate of the whole human race

There was a flood in which the water level reached a height of 29.000 ft and evaporated within a few weeks

5000 hungry men plus women and children who also ate were fed with two fish and five loaves then 12 baskets of leftovers were collected

A man was hung on a cross and bled like a hog only to show up two days later fit as a fiddle

There were basically six acknowledged historians in the world at that time. Not a one of them documented any part of this. It would be like Mickey Mantle and

No, you are an idiot. You prove it all the time.

There you go again...instead of supporting the fairy tales you launch a personal attack.
I support the truths in the Bible all the time. The truth that you are an idiot doesn't change that.

For the most part those in my community that are very religous are the most reliable, honest, non judging, accepting and honorable citizens anywhere.
They are not the right wing kook fundamenatlist finger pointing "my way or the highway" fanatics that are the loud mouth minority.

Would You Believe That The Church Is Dishonest and Deceptive?

So which church are you talking about here?

Weeeeelllllll....not quite. Not that I necessarily believe all that stuff either but you make a false comparison. Mantle and Maris were superstars in their day. Even the Jews didn't know who Jesus was. It's not like he was well known. My facebook account has over 2,000 "friends". I can state with full confidence that more people know who I am than people who knew Jesus at the time. To the Romans especially he was just another pain in the ass, probably one of several that Pilate dealt with that day. There would be absolutely no reason for any contemporary historian to write about Jesus.

Secondly, while all those things you describe seem unrealistic (and again I emphasize that I don't believe them either) why is it that that stuff is so easy to reject, yet the concept of an eigenstate, string theory, M theory, light that bends yet remains at a constant speed (try explaining THAT one), is so easy to accept?

Science can accept that at the quantum level matter exists simultaneously in all possible manners until it is forced to define itself according to observation...that's perfectly reasonable....but turning water into wine is apparently insane?

Forum List

Back