Would you be in favor of a repeal of smoking bans ....

Would you be in favor of a repeal of smoking bans in bars and retaurants?

• No. They are fair.

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • Yes. They are unfair.

Votes: 38 63.3%
  • No. They are unfair but I prefer they remain.

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Yes. They are fair but I'd rather they be lifted.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 5.0%

• Total voters
I voted my conscience on this. Private businesses get to make their own policies based on their own needs. And as far as eating out goes, I do it so seldom that my custom doesn't matter much.

But I am so in favor of the police when I go out to eat. The tobacco slaves just can't understand how disgusting their habit is to the rest of us. It is like having someone bring an overloaded dirty diaper to your table. And be upset when you have a problem with it.

When the health-Nazis came for the smokers,
I was not a smoker,
therefore, I was not concerned.

And when the health-Nazis attacked the obese,
I was not obese,

And when the health-Nazis attacked the drinkers and the alcohol industry,
I was not a drinker,
therefore I was not concerned.

Then, the health-Nazis attacked me and the freedom loving Americans who remained,
and there was nobody left to be concerned.

NYC Smoking Ban

(yes, Dude, I have been afflicted by Godwin's Law - it's highly contagious) :redface:

Absolutely and leave it up to the owners to decide whether they want to have their business be smoking or non smoking.

The tobacco slaves just can't understand how disgusting their habit is to the rest of us. It is like having someone bring an overloaded dirty diaper to your table. And be upset when you have a problem with it.
Wow! That's a very apt and vivid comparison.

I would really like to see the ban lifted at airports. People are stressed out and often captive there for hours. In order to go outside, one has to go through security again. There is no reason why they can't provide ventilated smoking areas within such a large building.

When the health-Nazis came for the smokers,
I was not a smoker,

And when the health-Nazis attacked the obese,
I was not obese,

And when the health-Nazis attacked the drinkers and the alcohol industry,
I was not a drinker,
therefore I was not concerned.

Then, the health-Nazis attacked me and the freedom loving Americans who remained,
and there was nobody left to be concerned.

NYC Smoking Ban

(yes, Dude, I have been afflicted by Godwin's Law - it's highly contagious) :redface:
That post deserves mention in the who plays the victim the best thread. :thup:

I would really like to see the ban lifted at airports. People are stressed out and often captive there for hours. In order to go outside, one has to go through security again. There is no reason why they can't provide ventilated smoking areas within such a large building.

I am inclined to agree. I don't really want to sit next to a druggie who has been two hours without a fix, and is going to be another 12 without a fix by the time the experience is over.

It is like having someone bring an overloaded dirty diaper to your table. And be upset when you have a problem with it.

As long as the restaurant had a dirty diaper and non-dirty diaper section with adequate separation, what do you care?

What about allowing smoking on flights?

This is how all the no smoking signs should read.

nosmo_king.jpg

Hey - Ang - Nominate me!!!! lol

I can understand that some people hate the smell. But come on. You obviously have never really handled an overloaded dirty diaper have you? Or taught high school. The smell of tobacco coming from the boys' room is a welcome odor compared to the BO and farts eminating from hygiene challenged teenagers.

That goes beyond convenience and becomes a clear and present safety issue.

That would be the kind of regulation I support, because I as a passenger can not control my own destiny if someone else goes and lights up a cig and accidentally catches the plane on fire.

In the airport, however, I can simply walk away.

I can understand that some people hate the smell. But come on. You obviously have never really handled an overloaded dirty diaper have you? Or taught high school. The smell of tobacco coming from the boys' room is a welcome odor compared to the BO and farts eminating from hygiene challenged teenagers.
Dirty diapers stink pretty bad but nobody ever got asthma from one or risked cancer or heart disease. Cholera maybe ..

But in both cases, smoking when someone is eating or changing your kid's diaper on the dinner table, I can't imagine why anyone with an ounce of decency would do it?

I voted my conscience on this. Private businesses get to make their own policies based on their own needs. And as far as eating out goes, I do it so seldom that my custom doesn't matter much.

But I am so in favor of the police when I go out to eat. The tobacco slaves just can't understand how disgusting their habit is to the rest of us. It is like having someone bring an overloaded dirty diaper to your table. And be upset when you have a problem with it.

That's why I advocate letting the owner choose then have to post their choice. Non smokers can then decide if they want to deal with the smokers or go somewhere else. Smokers can decide to forgo smoking for a while or go to a smoking facility. The same with employees. It respects private property laws while allowing for the "good of the community".

Dirty diapers stink pretty bad but nobody ever got asthma from one or risked cancer or heart disease. Cholera maybe ..

But in both cases, smoking when someone is eating or changing your kid's diaper on the dinner table, I can't imagine why anyone with an ounce of decency would do it?

Ang never in my life did I patronize any dining establishment that allowed smoking, that didn't ask if I wanted to be in a non-smoking section.

That goes beyond convenience and becomes a clear and present safety issue.

That would be the kind of regulation I support, because I as a passenger can not control my own destiny if someone else goes and lights up a cig and accidentally catches the plane on fire.

In the airport, however, I can simply walk away.
Speaking of fires started by cigarettes, did you know that most house fires are started by someone being careless with a cigarette?

Forum List

Back