Would you back Trump if he enforced the law that bans illegal kids from our schools?

go for it. LOL
I would love too!
Its fucking bullshit we do that. It also breaks federal law. Which is why, i think, they would hear the case.
What has changed that would be a reason to revisit an issue, aside from you're thinking they were wrong?
Because it was wrong.
Good luck with that. LOL
Good luck with what? That ruling defies federal law.
The better question is, what makes you think it WASNT a bad decision?
If it defies federal law, then you won't have any problem presenting a new court case for the Supreme Court to accept, listen to, and rule on. Get crackin'

In Phyler, all 9 justices agreed children here illegally were protected under the 14th amend's equal protection clause. That was unquestionably correct, given what the 14th was meant to do.

HAHAHA. You think the 14th amendment was written with intent to protect illegal invaders?? It was meant to guarantee the rights of former slaves. You know nothing. Stay off this thread.

I would love too!
Its fucking bullshit we do that. It also breaks federal law. Which is why, i think, they would hear the case.
What has changed that would be a reason to revisit an issue, aside from you're thinking they were wrong?
Because it was wrong.
Good luck with that. LOL
Good luck with what? That ruling defies federal law.
The better question is, what makes you think it WASNT a bad decision?
If it defies federal law, then you won't have any problem presenting a new court case for the Supreme Court to accept, listen to, and rule on. Get crackin'
yeah. I tried to come up with an example for TN, but wasn't happy with what I found. I think most think Dred Scott was wrong from the day it was decided simply as a misreading of the constitution. But it was only overruled by a civil war and const amendments. Plessy? Separate but equal was a logical fallacy. Roe? an uneasy social/political bargain that keeps changing with science. The "best" reason to overturn it is that most states won't ban abortion. Not exactly a great argument if you're a poor rape victim in Mississippi who doesn't want to have a child or her rapist, and can't afford plane fare to Mass.

I think maybe the death penalty. And believe it or not I actually thought about that last night. Those who argue the DP is cruel and unusual punishment argue that society has changed over the past 250 years or so. I believe over half the states no longer use the DP. Why should a murderer in Miss have fewer rights that a murder in Mass.? I didn't use the analogy because of course people will assert an fetus has rights equal or greater than the woman who was raped. There's no actual answer beyond "they both can live," which isn't really an answer.

But what in society has changed since Phyler? Not a damn thing. It ain't going nowhere.

In Phyler, all 9 justices agreed children here illegally were protected under the 14th amend's equal protection clause. That was unquestionably correct, given what the 14th was meant to do.

HAHAHA. You think the 14th amendment was written with intent to protect illegal invaders?? It was meant to guarantee the rights of former slaves. You know nothing. Stay off this thread.
Fukd off a read a book, racist trash.

We have no business providing education to the children of the illegal assholes.

If they want an education for their children then go back to Mexico.

Yes.

I advocate Zero Government Tax Dollars be given to illegals.

ZERO TOLERANCE

This is the equivalent of throwing Grandma off the cliff every time we take tax dollars intended for citizens and our Social Safety Net and give it to undeserving Illegals.

Save Grandma

Deport an Illegal!

Fukd off a read a book, racist trash.
You really do KNOW NOTHING.

It's kind of sad to see how little you know about the 14th Amendment.

There is no law written by congress that says schools must accept illegal kids. In fact section 1324 of title 8 of the US code makes it a federal felony to encourage illegals to live here and letting them attend our schools certainly violates that. Read it hear at clause a 1 A iv

8 U.S. Code § 1324 - Bringing in and harboring certain aliens

Illegal kids are in our schools because in 1982 the US supreme court wrote a law saying states must admit them even though the constitution says only congress can write laws. "All legislative powers herein granted shall be vested in a congress of the united states."

Not only should trump kick the illegals out of our schools, but both the constitution and federal law say he must.
The Supreme Court decreed that we must educate illegals!
There is some process to challenge SC rulings. They need to do that.
We should NOT be paying to educate illegal aliens.
WE need to cut off ALL incentive
That process is called a constitutional amendment.
You can appeal it.
Appeal a Supreme Court ruling? :lol: To whom?
A new supreme court.

There is no law written by congress that says schools must accept illegal kids. In fact section 1324 of title 8 of the US code makes it a federal felony to encourage illegals to live here and letting them attend our schools certainly violates that. Read it hear at clause a 1 A iv

Illegal kids are in our schools because in 1982 the US supreme court wrote a law saying states must admit them even though the constitution says only congress can write laws. "All legislative powers herein granted shall be vested in a congress of the united states."

Not only should trump kick the illegals out of our schools, but both the constitution and federal law say he must.

We should enforce that law. Illegals should be arrested, not given free schooling and medical care. So should the employers who hire them

Kids need schooling , legal or illegal and we don't care if they came from planet alpha beta or zeta..
You can always send them back home with their parents to where they came from, but at least let them go to school while they're here and get some education.
Ignoramus
Send them back...immediately. Cut out the cancer before it grows.
The cancer is the parents who brought their little kids here that should be cut out.
5 or 6 old kids are just collateral damage that we can avoid.
Letting them kids go to school is a human right .

When we deport their parents, they should go with them and get a free education in Mexico or whatever other country they came from

Because in spite of almost universal belief to the contrary, there is nothing in the Constitution that grants citizenship solely on the basis of being born here. And there is no binding USSC case on the point either.

I agree. Birthright citizenship does not exist in america. ......

Yes, it does. You seem to think your uneducated little imagination has the ability to alter reality.

No.

The law does NOT say he must. The Supreme Court says he can't.

If anyone is here illegally he should not be allowed to attend any public schools.
All illegal adults should be deported and yes the only solution to stop them is to build the Trump Wall.
But I'm talking about innocent kids 6 or 7 yrs old.
I have a condition.
Those who stay in school with high grades can stay.
Those with less than B+ will get deported back home where they belong.
The smart ones, once they get a PHD will become americans.
End of story.

As long as the illegal criminals are here, we may as well educate them. Otherwise they'll grow up to be even more useless.

Under that premise, we might as well let illegals get a job so we don't have to support them.
We might as well let illegals rent houses and apartments.
We might as well let illegals have drivers licenses.
We might as well let illegals take advantage of our medical care system.
We might as well let illegals change us to a bilingual country.

Wait a minute! That's what we are doing now! Is it a wonder why they come in the first place????

Kids need schooling , legal or illegal and we don't care if they came from planet alpha beta or zeta..
You can always send them back home with their parents to where they came from, but at least let them go to school while they're here and get some education.
Ignoramus
Send them back...immediately. Cut out the cancer before it grows.
The cancer is the parents who brought their little kids here that should be cut out.
5 or 6 old kids are just collateral damage that we can avoid.
Letting them kids go to school is a human right .

When did I become responsible for paying my hard earned money so people can have these human rights you speak of?

Over half of my property taxes go to fund the public school where I live. I nor my tenants have any children in our school system, so it's bad enough we are paying for fellow American kids to have schooling yet alone foreigners.

Pass a law that anybody caught here illegally after May 1st would be subject to a minimum five year prison sentence; it could be more depending on the judge.

That's a very good idea. Only problem i see is the Supreme Court declaring it unconstitutional..!!! There is no reason for them saying that but the SC is famous for making stuff up.

They would have a hell of a time trying to explain their reasoning. People who come here undocumented are breaking our laws. It's up to our legislatures to determine the severity of breaking those laws. They could easily change not being here legally into a felony and the SC could have nothing to say about it.

The Supreme Court decreed that we must educate illegals!
There is some process to challenge SC rulings. They need to do that.
We should NOT be paying to educate illegal aliens.
WE need to cut off ALL incentive
That process is called a constitutional amendment.

Amend what? What part of the Constitution says local American citizens have to pay for the education of law breakers in this country?
Ask the Supreme Court that second question. I just know that one way to override a decision of the Supreme Court is to amend the constitution. Or we can sit around and complain about how the supreme court made the wrong decision..,....and the decision will remain in effect because 9 justices have the final say.

The latter is the most obvious solution. We will never see an amendment change in our lifetime and likely long after we are gone.

Let a new SC hear the case and make a decision then.

Americans my ass. Carlos and Mohamed pay more taxes being illegal than the crooka in the white house.

Paying taxes is not what makes you legal or an American. How hard one works does not make you legal or an American.

If you are refused admission to a college, and you go there anyway, study hard, pass the tests, does that make you a student of the college? Of course not. If they find out what you've been doing, they'd throw you out of the building and may even press charges for trespassing.

Forum List

Back