Would You Approve The REPEAL of The 2nd Amendment By Executive Order?

Would You Approve The REPEAL of The 2nd Amendment By Executive Order?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.

caddo kid

Gold Member
Aug 15, 2018
This is a simple YES or NO poll

BUT please post a reasoning to the vote you cast in the poll. Thanks

Last edited:
  • Banned
I voted YES but why did I vote YES?

I voted YES because I heard that POTUS Trump is considering repealing The 14th Amendment via EO.

If Trump is successful, then I believe ALL Amendments should be repealed by EO, including the 2nd A.

We would have no further need for Congress & everyone could quit bitching about Congress being useless.

I voted YES because I heard that POTUS Trump is considering repealing The 14th Amendment via EO.

If Trump is successful, then I believe ALL Amendments should be repealed by EO, including the 2nd A.

We would have no further need for Congress & everyone could quit bitching about Congress being useless.

He's not trying to repeal it entirely, his probable point is the executive through an agency recognizes citizenship of babies born here to illegals, and he is seeing if he can stop the agency from having to do so.

He will immediately be sued in a DC district court, an injunction will be passed, and the whole thing will go to the courts.

The more appropriate question is "would you support the repeal of 2nd amendment rights for illegal aliens by executive order"

facepalm.jpeg

He is not repealing the 14th amendment, moron.

The slaves and their descendants are still American citizens.

He's not trying to repeal it entirely, his probable point is the executive through an agency recognizes citizenship of babies born here to illegals, and he is seeing if he can stop the agency from having to do so.

He will immediately be sued in a DC district court, an injunction will be passed, and the whole thing will go to the courts.

The more appropriate question is "would you support the repeal of 2nd amendment rights for illegal aliens by executive order"

So, please cite a single example of any POTUS repealing any 'part' of any Amendment via EO.

Also, if we extrapolate your thinking to a 2nd A scenario, would that be like allowing firearms but outlawing ammunition?

So, please cite a single example of any POTUS repealing any 'part' of any Amendment via EO.

Also, if we extrapolate your thinking to a 2nd A scenario, would that be like allowing firearms but outlawing ammunition?

No, it would actually be like I said, saying illegal aliens do not posses the right to keep and bear arms in the United States.

Not legal.

What is, "not legal?"

Do you know the procedure for repealing anything in the Constitution? An EO can't do it.

Well, of course. I tried to explain that very concept to a member here; they just went :21:

I told them to repeal an Amendment would take 2/3 of both The House & The Senate, then 3/4 of states.

I don't see how any POTUS can repeal ANY part of ANY Amendment, period.

Anyone that knows of a precedent for this please post info.

Great thread. Shows the duplicity of the right wing in all its beautiful shame

How is this duplicity?

This will force the Courts to re-examine the issue with regards to illegals. The only settled question via the SC is via people here legally.

Not legal.

What is, "not legal?"

Do you know the procedure for repealing anything in the Constitution? An EO can't do it.

Well, of course. I tried to explain that very concept to a member here; they just went :21:

I told them to repeal an Amendment would take 2/3 of both The House & The Senate, then 3/4 of states.

I don't see how any POTUS can repeal ANY part of ANY Amendment, period.

Anyone that knows of a precedent for this please post info.

Taking your example of the Second, when the courts ruled against sawed off shotguns, (US vs Miller), did that repeal the Second Amendment?

How is this duplicity?

This will force the Courts to re-examine the issue with regards to illegals. The only settled question via the SC is via people here legally.

So, for thsake of debate, let's say Trump signs the EO, and SCOTUS eventually agrees.

In theory a precedent would be set & any future POTUS could just willie nillie sign any EO & remove any part of any Amendment, or outright repeal any Amendment.

Are you ready to go down that slippery slope?
Is America ready for that?
Be careful what you wish for.

How is this duplicity?

So, for thsake of debate, let's say Trump signs the EO, and SCOTUS eventually agrees.

In theory a precedent would be set & any future POTUS could just willie nillie sign any EO & remove any part of any Amendment, or outright repeal any Amendment.

Are you ready to go down that slippery slope?
Is America ready for that?
Be careful what you wish for.

SCOTUS won't agree, because the courts, even Conservative ones will probably disagree with him.

To me this is up to the legislature, and they would have to narrowly craft the law to only exclude those born of people here illegally.

What Trump is doing is merely starting the process.

The thing is we don't know if it's "constitutional" or not, because the courts have never said anything about an EO telling agencies to not recognize the birthright citizenship of those born here illegally.

Forum List

Back