Would you agree to higher taxes in exchange for healthcare and college at no-cost?

That was in the days before the state required you to get a Masters degree so you could teach 5-year-olds the alphabet.

Education and other public services have become a corrupted money making scam like pretty much everything government touches. Pretty sweet deal retire at 55 or even earlier with a fat pension and free healthcare for life courtesy of the taxpayers. And in some liberal states those state pensions, yep not subject to state income tax.

That just sounds like jealousy.

Yes liberal countries are better educated, lower crime rates, better access to healthcare and education... They also retire earlier and have a higher quality of life.

And they are going broke doing it

No better or worse than the US....

All the more reason to stop the insanity, you want to go to college then YOU pay for it. I have no desire to fund you

Equal access to Education gives every child a more equal access at life. If a child is smart & studies hard he has an equal chance of advancement as a child who parents are rich.

Public education is generally cheaper than Private. Education pays a 9 to 1 on extra taxes collected later in life.

So you might not want to pay for it but US society needs Engineers, Doctors, Nurses.... then US deserve the best ones...

Education and other public services have become a corrupted money making scam like pretty much everything government touches. Pretty sweet deal retire at 55 or even earlier with a fat pension and free healthcare for life courtesy of the taxpayers. And in some liberal states those state pensions, yep not subject to state income tax.

Yes liberal countries are better educated, lower crime rates, better access to healthcare and education... They also retire earlier and have a higher quality of life.

All the more reason to stop the insanity, you want to go to college then YOU pay for it. I have no desire to fund you

Equal access to Education gives every child a more equal access at life. If a child is smart & studies hard he has an equal chance of advancement as a child who parents are rich.

Public education is generally cheaper than Private. Education pays a 9 to 1 on extra taxes collected later in life.

So you might not want to pay for it but US society needs Engineers, Doctors, Nurses.... then US deserve the best ones...

As I said, you want to go to college then you pay for it, if your children want to go to college you pay for it or they pay for it. I have no desire to pay for you nor them

And we also pay for useless degrees with no demand...

Do we get a refund for those???

Besides, if you are a Doctor, Nurse, or Engineer, you're knocking off a pretty good paycheck (if you're not a dud)... Scholarships are available to get you started (if you're bright enough), and you can afford to repay your loans.

Well it is about paying for a society, you want services but you don't want to pay for them...

Low crime rates and educated workforce, regulated business make far stronger economies..

No. Many of us DON'T want those services, thank you very much. More importantly the Constitution provides no power to the Government to provide them, whether they're wanted or not.

I honestly could not care any less about the economy.

Yes it does.

Politician runs on policy of having a public educational system, people vote for him.

Some states have it in their constitution like Kansas.
Gov. Sam Brownback’s war on the courts will be historic

But anyone using the 'not in the constitution argument' has lost. They have no reason and just want to quote dead guys. Even the dead guys would tell you that is stupid.
Do you think that the leaders of today if they wrote a document should be followed without question two hundred years time.

Many may not want but you loose in polls every time. Society want public education even the red states, why? because they are not stupid.

As I said, you want to go to college then you pay for it, if your children want to go to college you pay for it or they pay for it. I have no desire to pay for you nor them

Many people didn't want US to have the Iraq War, are they not allowed to pay for them either.

Unlike the Iraq War, public education offers real value to US society as a whole (9 to 1 financially). Just because you don't understand that an educated society performs at a higher level, you want it perform at a lower level.

You have the right to your opinion (I don't know why you hold such an unpatriotic view) but it very much the minority.

Many people didn't want US to have the Iraq War, are they not allowed to pay for them either.

Unlike the Iraq War, public education offers real value to US society as a whole (9 to 1 financially). Just because you don't understand that an educated society performs at a higher level, you want it perform at a lower level.

You have the right to your opinion (I don't know why you hold such an unpatriotic view) but it very much the minority.

Mhm, you now try the "patriotic" BS. Again, YOU pay for yours and we will pay for ours. Why is it you want others to pay for yours? My husband and I paid for our education and we started saving for our children's before they were even born. I doubt very much I am in the minority on this, people are weary of taking care of you lazy fools

What if you can't afford it or your choice is compromised?

You are making children suffer for their parents mistakes?

The funny thing is you will then blame the children for generational poverty.

You want to continue with the school tie system, You actively campaign against the land of opportunity to keep the land of status quo (and worse)

No he didn't

Actually, moron Foxbots, Obama gave everyone a 2% tax cut, and that is all. Did you hear about the GOP economic meltdown? So gd stupid.

What's with all these liers? Anyone who works for a living knows taxes were raised 2% and Obama care tax.
First they were lowered, dumbass, and Pubs blocked continuing it. O-Care tax, bs, and wasn't for 5 years ANYWAY. What planet do you live on? BS Pub World, of course.

I live on planet earth it's obvious you live on Uranus....

2013, most Americans had a good bit less money, after adjusting for taxes, than the year before. That's because in 2013, a huge tax increase affecting ordinary workers took effect, raising the employee payroll tax from 4.2 percent to 6.2 percent. A worker earning $50,000 a year saw disposable income decline by $1,000.
So, Obama raising taxes on the poor within 2 months turned out to be PUBS raising taxes on them after 4 years? lol

No Obama slammed the poor and middle class with a big ass tax increase in Feb 2009...then...wait for it...yes several of the greedy liberal run states followed his lead increasing the state taxes even more. With friends like liberals the poor and middle class don't need enemies.
Link? You are out of your tiny brainwashed little mind. He reduced the payroll tax, period.

Perhaps cowboyted needs a handout so that he can go back and master remedial english........ Or medication to organize those fragmented, mindless, gurgitations...

You want to continue with the school tie system, You actively campaign against the land of opportunity to keep the land of status quo (and worse)

Oh save the left tard BS. I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth and neither was my husband. We took out loans, studied our asses off and got good jobs after graduating and then paid off those loans. It's so damn simple YOU can do it, but nope, you want it handed to to you. Sorry pal, I still have a nasty taste in mouth from having to pay for lazy broke joke's health care. I'm drawing the line, NO MORE. The well is dry

Wait just a god damn minute, cowboy's location shows Ireland, wtf are you doing trying to tell me what to do in the USA?

No, you just want a free ride for lazy fucks that won't work and invest in their own future. If you want it, pay for it yourself...

Or have you suddenly become generous with other people's money and decided that we should give handouts to people that should finish college making plenty of
money to pay their own damn bills off???

Oh save the left tard BS. I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth and neither was my husband. We took out loans, studied our asses off and got good jobs after graduating and then paid off those loans. It's so damn simple YOU can do it, but nope, you want it handed to to you. Sorry pal, I still have a nasty taste in mouth from having to pay for lazy broke joke's health care. I'm drawing the line, NO MORE. The well is dry
Of course, in Reaganist America, college costs 3x as much as when you went and bankers make a mint on the loans,the min wage is 2/3 as much, etc etc. Great job!

Of course, in Reaganist America, college costs 3x as much as when you went and bankers make a mint on the loans,the min wage is 2/3 as much, etc etc. Great job!

You forgot to add "hater dupe". Again....pay for your own education, I have no desire to

And we also pay for useless degrees with no demand...

Do we get a refund for those???

Besides, if you are a Doctor, Nurse, or Engineer, you're knocking off a pretty good paycheck (if you're not a dud)... Scholarships are available to get you started (if you're bright enough), and you can afford to repay your loans.

Useless degree are not applied for when all degrees are affordable,
This system is in nearly every country in Europe. College courses cost about $2500 a year, for every course.

How much debt do you want students to accumulate at such a young age. Do banks trust them? Why does the student have to risk all, they can't even claim bankruptcy on it.

Scholarships are method of one group offering charity on to another. The receiver is not getting it by right. It means that rich can alway put themselves at the top and give scraps... By the way the rich receive most of the scholarships any way.

Wait just a god damn minute, cowboy's location shows Ireland, wtf are you doing trying to tell me what to do in the USA?
You hater dupes should take advice from ANYONE, ugly American dupe. lol Obviously he's an American and they have satellite tv in Ireland.

LOL I don't need foreigners trying to tell me how I should spend my money. And once again....PAY FOR YOUR OWN SHIT!!!!!

You hater dupes should take advice from ANYONE, ugly American dupe. lol Obviously he's an American and they have satellite tv in Ireland.
And you are from where? Obviously not here, since you can't even speak passable English.

New Topics

Forum List

Back