Would you accept that some adults want to be the other gender?

Would you accept that some adults want to be the other gender?

• Total voters
Would you accept that some adults want to be the other gender? This is their personal choice and that they're free to do so in the freest land on earth???

I'll admit that they're NOT that gender(sex) biologically as science says, but would you accept their choice?

I don't care what they do, if they want to become a man or a woman, what I do care about is that I don't want them to either feel they have to announce it to the planet or push it in my face or demand that they get special rights or that a man should be allowed to use the female bathroom....and if I disagree they scream that I'm a bigot.

Also I wish they'd just STFU about it all, what do they want a medal or something? Or is it just that they are Attention Seekers.

I especially though do care when the Transgenderism Agenda is pushed in schools to children, those perverts who push this into childrens minds should be dragged to the nearest tree and lynched.

Also Matthew, why are you so obsessed with posting about Transgenderism, aside from your organic hatred of The Donald and your science and infrastructure obsessions you have an unusual interest in Transgenderism, there are several other people who also have this unusual interest in Transgenderism and faggotry in general and all of them like you are men.
Screaming flamers gotta scream and prance. They like acting as if their life is some sort of gay pride extravaganza. Look at me while I dance and prance is their mantra. Sick abnormal perverts - the lot of them.

Good, lord, OP. You asked a straightforward enough "yes-no" question. Why didn't you merely provide as poll responses "yes" and "no" rather than, or at least in addition to, those "loaded" and qualified options you did?

I may be mistaken, but I doubt many sagacious potential responders are going to, by answering the survey question, allow you to put words in their mouth. I know I sure won't, but, I'm just one person....

matthew isn't capable of asking a non loaded question. Most progressives aren't. The overwhelming majority of people in this country don't care what people do in the privacy of their own homes. Only hard core progressives and religious nut jobs do. And, more importantly, wish to empower government to punish you for that behavior.

As has been said before, it's not the part where you want to go on a ride somewhere, its when you want to force the rest of us to come along on that ride with you.

Everyone has a right to feel safe and that is why we have law enforcement...Do you agree?

Great choices of answers.:laugh:. Its why most people don't like the whole topic. Either agree completely or be considered a hateful bigot.
There are issues with this topic that will never go away. Of course I believe in personal freedom and know there are people struggling with this. There are also people who are just jumping on this bandwagon to go against everything else.

Simply do you believe they deserve the same rights and protection as anyone else. I believe they do.

You may not like them but they're Americans. Believe me, i wish everyone could treat each other with respect and be good people also.

Last edited:
Would you accept that some adults want to be the other gender? This is their personal choice and that they're free to do so in the freest land on earth???

I accept that anyone can want to be another gender. I accept that people can feel cheated by biology and were assigned the wrong gender. I fully accept the option of gender re-assignment surgery for those who can afford it.

I don't however, feel the need to accommodate the wants and feelings of others. You don't get to defy the conventions of society by using whichever public restroom suits your mood on the day. You don't get your own special public bathroom wherever you go. You don't get a dime of taxpayer money for therapy or surgery.

In other words, your feelings don't equal obligations on the part of the commonweal.

But, if you need a public venue that is a safe place for expressing the inner you ... there's always Comic Con.

original.jpg
Sailor Moon should shave her beard lol :biggrin:

I don't have anything against people who want to be the other gender but to be honest I don't understand very well this theory of gender and sexes... some say there are many genders but to me genders are just the two sexes, masculine and feminine...maybe I'm wrong I don't know, I'm not an expert but I don't see any other gender :)

I don't have anything against people who want to be the other gender but to be honest I don't understand very well this theory of gender and sexes... some say there are many genders but to me genders are just the two sexes, masculine and feminine...maybe I'm wrong I don't know, I'm not an expert but I don't see any other gender :)

Biologically, there are two sexes. However, sexual identity is much more complicated. Humans are not amoeba. Our psychological makeup have just as much to do with our sexual identity as our chromosomes.

Famous sex researchers Masters and Johnson determined that on a sliding scale of sexual identity from 100% male to 100% female, most people fall somewhere not on the far end of that scale.

Just as it is wrong to persecute someone for their sexual identity, it is equally wrong to demand society provide special accommodations for every conceivable permutation of sexual identity.

I'll admit that they're NOT that gender(sex) biologically as science says, but would you accept their choice?

I am Matt's open embrace of Libertarianism

Great choices of answers.:laugh:. Its why most people don't like the whole topic. Either agree completely or be considered a hateful bigot.
There are issues with this topic that will never go away. Of course I believe in personal freedom and know there are people struggling with this. There are also people who are just jumping on this bandwagon to go against everything else.

Simply do you believe they deserve the same rights and protection as anyone else. I believe they do.

You may not like them but they're Americans. Believe me, i wish everyone could treat each other with respect and be good people also.

Yes they do, but not until the rights of all people potentially being effected have been meshed out. Infringing on the rights of others isn't acceptable.
I never said I don't like them and admitted I don't know all there is to know about trans gender and sexual identity.
...and by jumping on the bandwagon, I meant some people might only support this to be seen as progressive. Ive known more than a few "progressives" who scream about rights while behind the scenes say derogatory things like "what fags " ect...
You will get very frustrated if you are waiting for everyone to love and respect each other, and welcome every difference.
It will always be an ongoing work in progress

Everyone has a right to feel safe and that is why we have law enforcement...Do you agree?
No. Nobody has any right to feeling safe when they've done nothing to secure their safety. Everyone has the right to think harm won't befall them, but that's not the same thing as, for cause, feeling safe. But, sure, everyone's entitled to their false senses of security so long as the only persons they delude are themselves.

No, that is not why we have law enforcement. Though there are some exceptions, just about everything having to do with law enforcement is reactive not proactive. Existential safety is a rational function of one's knowing dangerous/threatening events cannot happen, or are very unlikely to happen. What one believes (hopes) won't happen can give one a false sense of safety, and perhaps for some people that's enough.

Predictability and proactivity are what gives one a sense of safety. For example:
  • I feel safe in a storm because I've secured shelter from it's effects, not because there may be someone who'll rescue me after its worst effects befall me.
  • I feel safe in my home because there are doors and locks on them and I know that they will prevent all but the most determined intruders, and I know such individuals are very few and far between. Knowing the police will attempt to apprehend such intruder doesn't make me feel safe; it makes me feel as though retribution of a sort is something I may have after someone successfully intrudes.
  • I feel safe from being hacked because I take the precautions to make it very, very hard to do so, not because there're cybercrimes cops who'll attempt to apprehend someone who hacks me. Hell, I'm not certain such cops can and will apprehend a hacker.
  • I feel safe from financial ruin because I've husbanded/built-up enough monetary resources to be insulated from all but the most catastrophic economic calamities.
  • As a high schooler, I felt secure in the fact that I'd get into a good college because I'd performed well in school. There was no law enforcer who was going to make that happen for me.
  • As a college student and young graduate starting my career and adult life, I felt confident I'd have a successful career and achieve my goals because I had plan for effecting that outcome and I'd bothered to make sure if I followed my plan, I had a good chance of succeeding.
  • I feel safe buying the food and drink I do and eating it because I know controls are in place to make it very unlikely that the food/drink will be harmful to my health.
In short, I feel safe about myriad things because I know what can happen, and of those things, which is more, less, vastly less, etc. likely to happen, and I've taken every reasonable step to make sure harmful things among those options don't happen to me. Existential certainty and awareness are what make me feel safe, not the presence of law enforcers who will act to secure "vengeance" on my behalf only after harm has come my way.

Good, lord, OP. You asked a straightforward enough "yes-no" question. Why didn't you merely provide as poll responses "yes" and "no" rather than, or at least in addition to, those "loaded" and qualified options you did?

I may be mistaken, but I doubt many sagacious potential responders are going to, by answering the survey question, allow you to put words in their mouth. I know I sure won't, but, I'm just one person....

matthew isn't capable of asking a non loaded question. Most progressives aren't. The overwhelming majority of people in this country don't care what people do in the privacy of their own homes. Only hard core progressives and religious nut jobs do. And, more importantly, wish to empower government to punish you for that behavior.

As has been said before, it's not the part where you want to go on a ride somewhere, its when you want to force the rest of us to come along on that ride with you.

There is feeling safe and feeling people owe you your own delusions.

If someone corrects me on the whole ze/xi/it thing and does it in a nasty way, their new pronoun is "asshole"

The belief that you are a gender other than that indicated by your genitalia and genetic make-up is a neurosis, or possibly even a psychosis. If it becomes a "problem," then it should be treated like any other neurosis. The suicide rate among people who have this belief is 8 times higher than the general population, and whether they have experienced "sex reassignment surgery" does not change the statistic. They are, unfortunately, just as unhappy after the surgery as they were before, although sometimes the reasons are stated to be different (e.g., "I'm not truly accepted as a girl").

The DESIRE to be a different gender is not fundamentally different from a desire to be taller or thinner or prettier or uniquely talented. Acting and dressing according to this desire - that is, PRETENDING to be a person of the other gender, is a relatively harmless pretense, unless it is brought into an arena where biological gender makes a difference, like a 6'3" man playing on a women's basketball team.

The DEMAND that everyone else "accept" the pretense of a different gender is offensive on a number of levels, but mainly because it is offensive to demand acceptance of an obvious falsehood. Like being required to acknowledge the beauty of Miley Cyrus, who is profoundly canine in appearance.

New Topics

Forum List

Back