Would you accept an "Indecent Proposal"?

Would you and your spouse be okay w/ an "Indecent Proposal"?

• Total voters
Ya know what's killin' me about these "No" posts?

how everyone acts so self-righteous about it

but yet I'm sure most - if not all - speed every day in traffic

If you're saying "no" because of the fact it's a sin - well sin is sin is sin in God's eyes....

Same w/ Gossip as dmp pointed out in his other thread...

It's easy to sit here and say you wouldn't go along with it - however - it'd be entirely different if the life-changing money was sitting in front of you...

-Cp said:
Ya know what's killin' me about these "No" posts?

how everyone acts so self-righteous about it

but yet I'm sure most - if not all - speed every day in traffic

If you're saying "no" because of the fact it's a sin - well sin is sin is sin in God's eyes....

Same w/ Gossip as dmp pointed out in his other thread...

It's easy to sit here and say you wouldn't go along with it - however - it'd be entirely different if the life-changing money was sitting in front of you...

Oh, I'm not saying it wouldn't be one of the hardest temptations to resist, but God will never put somebody in front of a temptation that they can't resist. In the end, I think I'd feel guilty and horrible every time I spent a dime of that money, knowing where it came from. As for the money and future generations, love of money is the root of all evil, and no matter how rich my children would be, they'd still be the children of a prostitute, albeit a very rich one. Remember, Paris Hilton is rich, but would you want that to be your child?

As for saving a life, we're talking about the greater good. I think avoiding an infidelity is a bit less important than saving a life, and if I was in that position, I'd rather come home to my wife to tell her I had to sleep with someone else than come home to a corpse or not at all.

As for Powerman, you're looking at it too much as random chance. First off, that 80% seems high. Got a link? Second, maintaining fidelity in a marriage is not a matter of statistics. If I continue my present lifestyle, then statistically, I have a very small chance of my marriage suffering infidelity, as I am a virgin and have a few moral standards for my future wife, including that she either be a virgin or that she has given up whatever lifestyle led her to losing that. Just remember, most cheating happens because the cheater doesn't feel that they're being 'satisfied,' but if you've only had sex with one person, it'll be the best sex you've ever had. What really matters in maintaining a faithful marriage is trust in one another and a certain level of loyalty and moral conviction. Knowing how much it hurts people to find their spouse cheating (I've known a few people this happened to), I can't see myself doing that to anybody I love enough to marry.

Hobbit said:
Oh, I'm not saying it wouldn't be one of the hardest temptations to resist, but God will never put somebody in front of a temptation that they can't resist. In the end, I think I'd feel guilty and horrible every time I spent a dime of that money, knowing where it came from. As for the money and future generations, love of money is the root of all evil, and no matter how rich my children would be, they'd still be the children of a prostitute, albeit a very rich one. Remember, Paris Hilton is rich, but would you want that to be your child?

How do you know that you're not the kin of some prostitution early in your family tree?

It's not about the love of money, it's about the love of your family and family's future generations - making sure that they're well taken care of...

Aren't most folks - at some point - a prostitute? Don't most folks who work at a job prostitute themselves to get a pay raise? Or they sell their time for an hourly rate and/or salary?

pros·ti·tute ( P ) Pronunciation Key (prst-tt, -tyt)
n.
One who solicits and accepts payment for sex acts.
One who sells one's abilities, talent, or name for an unworthy purpose.

-Cp said:
......Don't most folks who work at a job prostitute themselves to get a pay raise? Or they sell their time for an hourly rate and/or salary?

n. One who sells one's abilities, talent, or name for an unworthy purpose.
I don't see a job well done for a pay raise as an unworthy purpose.

-Cp said:
...but yet I'm sure most - if not all - speed every day in traffic.....
You're right sin is sin & alienates us from God. But there are degrees of sin. We all sin; but I should hope most of us don't sit down & pick & choose what sins we'll commit today.
Going 5 miles over the speed limit is a bit different than willfully going out and screwing someone for a buck.

-Cp said:
How do you know that you're not the kin of some prostitution early in your family tree?

It's not about the love of money, it's about the love of your family and family's future generations - making sure that they're well taken care of...

Aren't most folks - at some point - a prostitute? Don't most folks who work at a job prostitute themselves to get a pay raise? Or they sell their time for an hourly rate and/or salary?

n.
One who solicits and accepts payment for sex acts.
One who sells one's abilities, talent, or name for an unworthy purpose.

Prostitution in any sense is a bad idea, and I refuse to participate in it, but the specific definition there is beside the point.

The point is that yes, it is about the love of money. You can dress it up as securing your family's future all you want, but in the end, all it is is money. What good is this ill-gotten money to your children if you can't impart positive values to them? No matter how much money you get off this sin, it's still the fruit of an ill act, and you will always know that. Nothing good can ever be gained from sinning, and no matter what your intentions, that money would bring nothing but trouble. I'd rather my kid grow up poor and having to work for what he gets than to get the best money can buy from the fruits of whoring. No, the best way you can secure the future of your family is to teach them the things they'll need to succeed and set an example to them for their behavior, not acquire a bunch of money.

Hobbit said:
Prostitution in any sense is a bad idea, and I refuse to participate in it, but the specific definition there is beside the point.

The point is that yes, it is about the love of money. You can dress it up as securing your family's future all you want, but in the end, all it is is money. What good is this ill-gotten money to your children if you can't impart positive values to them? No matter how much money you get off this sin, it's still the fruit of an ill act, and you will always know that. Nothing good can ever be gained from sinning, and no matter what your intentions, that money would bring nothing but trouble. I'd rather my kid grow up poor and having to work for what he gets than to get the best money can buy from the fruits of whoring. No, the best way you can secure the future of your family is to teach them the things they'll need to succeed and set an example to them for their behavior, not acquire a bunch of money.
Well said.

dmp said:

:thup:
main_peasCarrots.jpg

Forum List

Back