Would there be football without immigrant labor?

Anguille

Bane of the Urbane
Mar 8, 2008
Detained immigrants were set to clear Gillette snow

"Dozens of immigrants pulled over Wednesday in Foxborough during a federal search for fugitives from deportation were on their way to Gillette Stadium to shovel snow before this weekend’s New England Patriots playoff game, Guatemala’s consul in Rhode Island said yesterday.

“It shows how the immigration system really needs to be fixed,’’ said Franklin Soults, spokesman for the Massachusetts Immigrant and Refugee Advocacy Coalition. “Right now there’s a two-tier economy happening and people are working in the shadows. What we need is not an attempt to sweep up 12 million people. . . . It can’t be done.’’ "

Detained immigrants were set to clear Gillette snow - The Boston Globe

So any football fans out there still anti-immigrant?
:razz:

"Dozens of immigrants pulled over Wednesday in Foxborough during a federal search for fugitives from deportation were on their way to Gillette Stadium to shovel snow before this weekend’s New England Patriots playoff game, Guatemala’s consul in Rhode Island said yesterday.

“It shows how the immigration system really needs to be fixed,’’ said Franklin Soults, spokesman for the Massachusetts Immigrant and Refugee Advocacy Coalition. “Right now there’s a two-tier economy happening and people are working in the shadows. What we need is not an attempt to sweep up 12 million people. . . . It can’t be done.’’ "

Damn straight I am. I bet there are Americans out of work that would be willing to shove snow to put food on the table in Obama's unemployed America.

Damn straight I am. I bet there are Americans out of work that would be willing to shove snow to put food on the table in Obama's unemployed America.
Patriots fans better hope you are right about that. :lol:

Oh I forgot to add.

Here in Atlanta and I know it going on in other cities, one illegal gets a job and then goes to the employer to tell them that they have 5 friends that will work cheaper than anyone else they can hire. After Americans are let go for this cheaper labor, the illegals make sure that no one else will be able to get the job away from them by keeping it silent about whom and how much they work for. Its a win win for whomever hired them. Its also illegal.

It's turning out a bit like baseball... Not very many lilly white, all-American white guys in baseball any more... It's going the way of basketball.

Oh hell there were enough guys in the parking lot who would have done it just to get seats in the stadium. The illegals should have been bussed across the border.

Are we discussing immigrants? or ILLEGAL immigrants? There is a difference you know!

I still don't understand how so many so called conservatives are comfortable with the government telling business who they may and may not hire.:eusa_eh:

I still don't understand how so many so called conservatives are comfortable with the government telling business who they may and may not hire.:eusa_eh:

It is not rocket science. It is illegal to hire an illegal. No one tells a business who they can and cannot hire, as long as they are hiring within the law. Do you think illegals should all be made legal?

It is not rocket science. It is illegal to hire an illegal. No one tells a business who they can and cannot hire, as long as they are hiring within the law. Do you think illegals should all be made legal?

sounds to me like Ravi is cool with a 10% unemployment rate for Americans.. It won't do her messiah any good but she's cool with it..

I wish I could work in the same shadow as an illegal immigrant does, and avoid income tax.

I wish I could work in the same shadow as an illegal immigrant does, and avoid income tax.
I bet you wouldn't last 5 minutes doing the kind of hard work most undocumented immigrants do and for which many do pay taxes.

I bet you wouldn't last 5 minutes doing the kind of hard work most undocumented immigrants do and for which many do pay taxes.

You mean like the one CNN interviewed 2 years ago, Poor man had to manage a restaurant. No American I know would ever want to do that job. (NOT)

What. you think that just because I'm smarter than you I haven't done physical labor?
You just keep projecting and looking more and more stupid.

You mean like the one CNN interviewed 2 years ago, Poor man had to manage a restaurant. No American I know would ever want to do that job. (NOT)
Right, most undocumented immigrants are managing restaurants. More likely they are dishwashers.
And actually that is a very hard job, managing a restaurant. Long hours and lots of stress.

Last edited:

It depends.

But business isn't restricted from hiring someone else that is suspected of a crime...and in this case it is usually a misdemeanor. So you really haven't answered my question.

sounds to me like Ravi is cool with a 10% unemployment rate for Americans.. It won't do her messiah any good but she's cool with it..
:cuckoo: Not sure what you are trying to say...but last time I checked no one was guaranteed a job. Do you think the government should guarantee jobs for Americans? :lol:

New Topics

Forum List

Back